Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Oct 2, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #12,796 of 22,954
Would it be possible to make a bluetooth version of the Shure SE846 (so some kind of bluetooth device replacing the cables of the Shure SE846). If that is not possible, what is a nice cable that doesn't get wrangled into each other?

I usually never buy cables because I think they are a waste of money, but I might consider a new cable for the Shure SE846 if it improves usability.

Oct 2, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #12,797 of 22,954
  Would it be possible to make a bluetooth version of the Shure SE846 (so some kind of bluetooth device replacing the cables of the Shure SE846). If that is not possible, what is a nice cable that doesn't get wrangled into each other?

I usually never buy cables because I think they are a waste of money, but I might consider a new cable for the Shure SE846 if it improves usability.

Please order this one with the 2.5mm Balanced termination (Linum® MMCX Balanced) and you will see big improvement in SQ : http://www.linum.dk/webshop

I have one with my SE846 linked to my AK120 II.

You can also order an adaptor from female 2.5 to 3.5 to complete 

Oct 3, 2015 at 6:33 AM Post #12,799 of 22,954
Oct 3, 2015 at 6:47 AM Post #12,800 of 22,954
Hi everyone,

I have had my SE846 for about 5 months now and i cannot for the life of me get the settings on Viper4Android right.

I currently own the Galaxy Note 3 on Aryamod 7.2 with built in V4A which works with the stock music player, Poweramp isnt working however i am willing to change my ROM for the ultimate Settings.

Im using the White filter / Stock cable / Stock earbuds.

truckdriver Last Online: Jun 21, 2015
Been trying to contact truckdriver via pm since July but having no such luck (Thinking iv'e just missed my chance for some outstanding settings) Just my luck.

Is there any chance any of you can help me please and pm your settings as i would be so greatful.

Thankyou in advance

Jaydeb2010

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #12,801 of 22,954
Hi guys, quick question. Are the nozzles (the part that I insert the filters into) specific for the left and right earpieces? I had a shock the other day when I was filter rolling and noticed an imbalance in the sound: the left was noticeably louder than the right. While trying to pinpoint the problem I cycled through all the filters with no luck. However, the sound was back to normal and equally balanced after I switched the nozzles. Nearly had a heart attack.

Has anyone ever had the same problem before?

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #12,802 of 22,954
I never changed the filters and only removed the earpieces three times so no issues.

Oct 3, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #12,803 of 22,954

I hesitated to reply due to the pre conceived notion that they are a waste of money.....but double helix the Litz silver type 4 copper fusion 8 braid I have is soft plyable and the most comfortable cable I have tried to date. It also improved the sq by offering base extension and mid high clarity. Just an FYI and IMO. Granted it's costly so it may be negated by the affor mentioned notion on cables.

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #12,805 of 22,954
I thought the Headphone Lounge Silver Litz cables are excellent. Comfortable, not stiff like stock, and flexible earguides. Sound-wise seems to give a bit more detail and shimmer in the treble.

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #12,806 of 22,954
Oct 3, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #12,807 of 22,954
Thats the past experience. How about lacking bass?

I have the 846-cl since 15 months (on a AK240) and had the IE800 before that for more than a year so I know them pretty well. The T8IE looks very comparable to the IE800 and the K3003. I was never 100% satisfied with the IE800 - it sounded spectacular with the AK100 BUT I did never get a proper fit, the headphone did keep falling out my ear, the cable was extremely microphonics so I get rid of it - lucky the same time around the SE846 was available in Switzerland.

We must remain honest - there will be no earphone like the 846 in the near future at least not with that sub-bass - except from Shure itself. I stay with the 846-cl, get a (limited) 846-k or maybe a T8IE who knows....

Cheers

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #12,808 of 22,954
Does the new 846-k offer an impovement of SQ over the 846-cl? Or is it just a limited edition with a different color? 

Oct 5, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #12,809 of 22,954
  Does the new 846-k offer an impovement of SQ over the 846-cl? Or is it just a limited edition with a different color? 

Looks  from the description that it is the same unit in a different color. There has been no information from Shure claiming any other difference that I can find. I asked a local dealer and they said it was only a color change offered as a limited edition. They did not even know if they would ever get it in our local shops. I'm just fine with the standard see through cover I think it looks great.

If they had actually made some physical changes I think Shure would have at least stated that in some press releases. I can't find anything like that and I searched. It also seems to be the same price.

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #12,810 of 22,954
(I don't work for spinfit and neither am i advertising them,ijust find them comfortable as compared to current recommended ear tips (can't compare to SCS :p) Please do this mod at your own risk). Pardon my English, I'm not very good at it.

Hey guys, am a lurker for this thread for this thread. Just want to show you guys how to do the spinfit mod that @Chodi posted on post number #9921.im sure most of you know that the stock shure silicon tips are very firm as compared to the tips from westone star tips and spinfit tips who are much softer and more comfortable. I personally have not tried the star tips yet (can't seem to demo it here in Singapore since sizes are limited) so decided to try the spinfit mod. Pardon my picture quality, I'm using an iPhone 6 camera.

Just simply and carefully cut the shure olive foam tips that you're not going to use and leave the "stem" out. It is going to act as a sleeve for the spinfi tips. Depending on your preference,I don't like to have "filters" on my tips and like it to have as little blockage as can.

Next, just simply slide the stems into the tubes as shown above.

And next, just simply slide the spinfit tips into the tube with the stem and there you have it, spinfit tips for the shure! Most comfortable eartips in my opinion.

"Edit: i don't know how to tag people here, but i would like to give credits to @Chodi for recommending the spinfit tips! it's really comfortable as compared the the stock eartips."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back