Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #8,852 of 22,954

Just got an e-mail from our local Gold Circle audiologist: "The impressions only take about a half an hour. The cost of the sleeves is $150, plus $10 shipping; my services cost $25-- totalling $185".
Her office is like 30 minutes drive from my place. Sounds like a good deal. I think I'm jumping on it if my ENT gives a green light next week.

The price sounds like a great deal for the clear sleeves ($150) and services.  If your ENT gives you the green light next week, you will be able to have the opportunity to experience the silicone CIEM version of the SE846.  At least you will be able to know for certain if the SCS doesn't feel right in your ears, that there is a possibility nothing else (acrylic, vinyl, etcetera [custom sleeves]) will feel any better.  I hope the entire experience turns out the best for you. *crosses fingers* 

Jan 14, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #8,854 of 22,954
Canadians... Check the Amazon.ca warehouse deals.

I just picked up the 846 for 671CAD.
It was marked as "Condition: Very good, All accessories present". Amazon warehouse can be hit or miss, so I didn't know what to expect. I just got them in the mail today and.... IT WAS A BRAND NEW UNIT. The only thing they repackaged was the missing outer sleeve of the box... it was BRAND NEW. Unopened. I am still 0_0...

Edit: Holy **** the price just jumped back up to 831$. Did I just get really lucky? 

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #8,855 of 22,954
  Canadians... Check the Amazon.ca warehouse deals.

I just picked up the 846 for 671CAD.
It was marked as "Condition: Very good, All accessories present". Amazon warehouse can be hit or miss, so I didn't know what to expect. I just got them in the mail today and.... IT WAS A BRAND NEW UNIT. The only thing they repackaged was the missing outer sleeve of the box... it was BRAND NEW. Unopened. I am still 0_0...

Edit: Holy **** the price just jumped back up to 831$. Did I just get really lucky? 

I don't think they come with the manufacturer's warranty though... That kills the deal for me:frowning2:

Jan 14, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #8,856 of 22,954
Jan 14, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #8,857 of 22,954
  I don't think they come with the manufacturer's warranty though... That kills the deal for me:frowning2:

I think as long as you have a receipt.. in this case from Amazon Warehouse.. it should work.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #8,858 of 22,954
I think as long as you have a receipt.. in this case from Amazon Warehouse.. it should work.

Unfortunately, Amazon states that nothing sold from their warehouse store will come with any kind of warranty. What you could do is order from uniquesquared.com. They allow you submit offers for their items. I was able to get the 846 for $700 this way. Ive confirmed with Shure that they're authorized dealers, so no worries about a warranty.

Jan 14, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #8,859 of 22,954
Unfortunately, Amazon states that nothing sold from their warehouse store will come with any kind of warranty. What you could do is order from uniquesquared.com. They allow you submit offers for their items. I was able to get the 846 for $700 this way. Ive confirmed with Shure that they're authorized dealers, so no worries about a warranty.

I think it's really up to manufacturer. And Shure has pretty liberal warranty policy. They really only need a receipt. Yes, technically, you're buying used from Amazon Warehouse, but you still are going to have a receipt.

I have bought my Panasonic plasma TV from Amazon Warehouse few years ago and Panasonic did some warranty repair on it without any issues.

Regarding the unisquared.com - I really dunno. I've submitted my offer to them like 2 weeks ago and they've been silent since.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #8,860 of 22,954
What exactly do I need to have an ENT do if I want to have those custom sleeves? I'm flying to the USA on November, and I'm planning to get ear impressions made while I'm there. However, I'd prefer to have the ENT stuff done here in my country. My wife belongs to a family of doctors, so a visit to an ENT is free for me here. :)

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:16 PM Post #8,861 of 22,954
What exactly do I need to have an ENT do if I want to have those custom sleeves? I'm flying to the USA on November, and I'm planning to get ear impressions made while I'm there. However, I'd prefer to have the ENT stuff done here in my country. My wife belongs to a family of doctors, so a visit to an ENT is free for me here.
smily_headphones1.gif

Though not a requirement, it's generally recommended to have your ears cleaned and checked before making impressions at audiologist. Also make sure to give it few days after the cleaning for ear canals to settle and heal from the procedure.

Jan 14, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #8,863 of 22,954
What exactly do I need to have an ENT do if I want to have those custom sleeves? I'm flying to the USA on November, and I'm planning to get ear impressions made while I'm there. However, I'd prefer to have the ENT stuff done here in my country. My wife belongs to a family of doctors, so a visit to an ENT is free for me here. :)

This is not set in stone anywhere, but this can be taken as advice (if you so choose) because this is what I did regarding my SCS purchasing experience: I had a regular tech (who cleans out ear wax often, and is not a doctor or ENT doctor) at my local urgent care administer ear wax softening solution to both of my ears and flushed them both out after about 15 minutes of the solution breaking up the ear wax. That's all your practitioner needs to do. If you have any more questions regarding the process, feel free to email Claudia at Sensaphonics or PM me. Also, please take a look at the review below if you haven't yet to become more familiar with the process as well.

Though not a requirement, it's generally recommended to have your ears cleaned and checked before making impressions at audiologist. Also make sure to give it few days after the cleaning for ear canals to settle and heal from the procedure.

I would say that it should be a requirement that the ear wax is cleaned out before getting impressions by the audiologist. I was warned before to have clean ears before going to see my audiologist, but I thought my ears were clean enough. Went all of the way to see her, and she took a look inside and told me that my ears needed to be cleaned fully before she could continue. To not risk following in my footsteps, you need to at least have a practitioner take a look at your ears and make sure they are clean, and clean out the ears fully if necessary. As for giving it a few days for the ear canals to settle, I personally did not need to do that. I got my ears flushed, and the next day I got the impressions made by my audiologist. As long as your ears are not wet when you see the audiologist (only takes a couple of hours at most to dry) you will be okay.

Jan 15, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #8,864 of 22,954
I've had impressions done about 10 times with 4 different experienced audiologists in the past month for various products coming in. I just use a regular ear digger to clear my own ears of wax and I've had absolutely no problems to date.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:39 AM Post #8,865 of 22,954
Thanks!

I just picked up my pair today after lurking in this thread ever since it was first announced/released and after so many auditions. :D  Now I'm curious, how do you guys pack it in the zippered case?  It seems pretty tight in there if I intend to keep the nozzle tool, spare filters and extra cable accessories in one place.  Times like these I wish the Asian variant came with the hard case. :D

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back