Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 15, 2015 at 3:09 AM Post #8,866 of 22,953
  Thanks!

I just picked up my pair today after lurking in this thread ever since it was first announced/released and after so many auditions. :D  Now I'm curious, how do you guys pack it in the zippered case?  It seems pretty tight in there if I intend to keep the nozzle tool, spare filters and extra cable accessories in one place.  Times like these I wish the Asian variant came with the hard case. :D

Thanks!

I got myself a pelican 1010...you should be able to place everything you require within the case. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #8,867 of 22,953
Thanks!

I just picked up my pair today after lurking in this thread ever since it was first announced/released and after so many auditions. :D  Now I'm curious, how do you guys pack it in the zippered case?  It seems pretty tight in there if I intend to keep the nozzle tool, spare filters and extra cable accessories in one place.  Times like these I wish the Asian variant came with the hard case. :D

Thanks!

It's pretty easy for me. I take 3 or 4 fingers and wrap the cable around. Then place the round coiled cable in the case and place the buds in the center where it's empty. Easy and simple. I actually find the case to be the perfect size.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:41 AM Post #8,868 of 22,953
It's pretty easy for me. I take 3 or 4 fingers and wrap the cable around. Then place the round coiled cable in the case and place the buds in the center where it's empty. Easy and simple. I actually find the case to be the perfect size.

I do the same. Works just fine.

Jan 15, 2015 at 7:54 AM Post #8,869 of 22,953
I think it's really up to manufacturer. And Shure has pretty liberal warranty policy. They really only need a receipt. Yes, technically, you're buying used from Amazon Warehouse, but you still are going to have a receipt.

I have bought my Panasonic plasma TV from Amazon Warehouse few years ago and Panasonic did some warranty repair on it without any issues.

Regarding the unisquared.com - I really dunno. I've submitted my offer to them like 2 weeks ago and they've been silent since.

Not to gainsay you but having dealt with Shure's repair department twice for warranty service on my 8s both times they required a copy of a receipt from an authorized retailer. Now you might be able to convince them into doing the repairs without it but that would be a risk I would not take.

Jan 15, 2015 at 8:00 AM Post #8,870 of 22,953
Not to gainsay you but having dealt with Shure's repair department twice for warranty service on my 8s both times they required a copy of a receipt from an authorized retailer. Now you might be able to convince them into doing the repairs without it but that would be a risk I would not take.

OK, makes sense.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #8,872 of 22,953
I do not mean to be a wet blanket. You found a great price if you want to known for certain, call Shure's customer service and ask them if they would cover the purchase from Amazon Warehouse. Good luck and let us know what they say.

Nah, I've managed to get a brand new pair for $799 from an authorized dealer, but I almost went for $750 open box from Amazon Warehouse at some point.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #8,873 of 22,953
I do not mean to be a wet blanket. You found a great price if you want to known for certain, call Shure's customer service and ask them if they would cover the purchase from Amazon Warehouse. Good luck and let us know what they say.

I have emailed them, and will report back. 

On another note, do you guys know how to reduce the hissing from the macbook pro retina midi output? These iems are so incredibly sensitive the hissing is quite prominent especially with high dynamic-range music. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #8,874 of 22,953

Thanks!  That's the way I have it now.  I was just wondering if any of you are able to keep it in that case along with the spare cable, airline jack, tips, etc.

That Pelican case looks good.  I'm also tempted to buy the Shure hardcase separately.  It's a bit more expensive than the Pelican though.

Jan 15, 2015 at 9:59 AM Post #8,875 of 22,953
  On another note, do you guys know how to reduce the hissing from the macbook pro retina midi output? These iems are so incredibly sensitive the hissing is quite prominent especially with high dynamic-range music. 

I think there are only 2 options:

1) Use another, higher quality source.
2) Buy that 75 Ohm adapter from Etymotic
http://www.headphone.com/products/etymotic-er-4p-to-er-4s-adapter

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #8,878 of 22,953
From shure:

The 2 year warranty on Shure products is  offer to the original buyer that purchased   Shure product from an Authorized  Shure dealers.  Warehouse deals  are  NOT  an authorized dealer. Plus  the Se846 that you  bought from them are  "used" and not new. This  explains the  discounted price  you  paid.
So your SE846 will not be covered by the manufacturer's warranty.
For future purchase of Shure products  in Canada, here is a link to our "where to buy" section of our website . This link will give you  a listing of " Authorized dealers"  in Canada.

****. Will credit card warranty cover this? 

Jan 15, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #8,879 of 22,953
  From shure:
****. Will credit card warranty cover this? 

Have you bought it from Amazon Warehouse? How long ago? You could still be within 30 day return period. I would do that and go buy from an authorized dealer if I was concerned about the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back