Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jun 27, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #3,811 of 22,945
Jun 28, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #3,813 of 22,945
After waiting For 6 Month , yeterday i decided to buy Shure SE 846

The reason For waiting from First Batch hast a Lot problem With chanel imbalance
The latest Batch is better now

I want Share Out The box pictures

Impression i Will post later on After Burn In :

Jun 28, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #3,814 of 22,945
After waiting For 6 Month , yeterday i decided to buy Shure SE 846

The reason For waiting from First Batch hast a Lot problem With chanel imbalance
The latest Batch is better now

I want Share Out The box pictures

Impression i Will post later on After Burn In :

]

Congrats Rudi, the Asian edition packaging is very diff from the us version, seems like its missing the nice pelican case, but anyway that's not important. I do hope u get a custom sleeves for these as the sound with custom and stock are widely diff, so much so that I thought I am listening to a diff iem altogether. Since u have the universal Roxanne, I am really curious on some comparison between the 2.

Enjoy your se846 brother..

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #3,816 of 22,945
I haven't had any problem with the headphones specifically. I've had to switch out stock cables twice and it looks like i will just stick to the stock cable I just had to ask to see if anyone else had any recommendations. 

Jun 28, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #3,818 of 22,945
I haven't had any problem with the headphones specifically. I've had to switch out stock cables twice and it looks like i will just stick to the stock cable I just had to ask to see if anyone else had any recommendations. 

Ted Allen or moon audio cable.. Both sound better than stock IMO. ted's cable is more flexible and lighter.

Jun 28, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #3,819 of 22,945
looking forward to your impressions Rudi, SE846 with the Zx1, then with Hugo... your thoughts on other totl IEM's in comparison would also be welcomed.
beerchug.gif

Jun 28, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #3,821 of 22,945
Congrats Rudi, the Asian edition packaging is very diff from the us version, seems like its missing the nice pelican case, but anyway that's not important. I do hope u get a custom sleeves for these as the sound with custom and stock are widely diff, so much so that I thought I am listening to a diff iem altogether. Since u have the universal Roxanne, I am really curious on some comparison between the 2.

Enjoy your se846 brother..

What are the sonic differences between stock and custom?

Jun 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM Post #3,823 of 22,945
Jun 28, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #3,824 of 22,945

If you want to visualize it, move your arm up and down slowly but steadily, about once per second. That's a subwoofer. Now do that while "tapping" the air with your hand in smaller vibrations, say, 10 times for each one "cycle" of your arm. That is, in effect, a speaker playing a low and a high frequency at the same time. That's how speakers play music. You can see why it'd be easier to have one speaker doing the slow movement and another doing the fast. 

I believe that this exciting, incisive explanation deserves its own instructional video, perhaps to be sold right alongside those Great Courses videos given by award-winning college professors.

For the good of the cause, I hereby volunteer to film a dramatic reenactment of the above paragraph, subject to the following remuneration:

* Receipt of a new pair of Shure SE 846s;
* Front-page billing of my instructional video on head-fi.org.

I am especially skilled in making such videos.  To date, my credits include:

*  How to play piano despite years of lessons;
*  Do-it-yourself car repair (the entire chapter of the series entitled "Don't Let This Happen to You!")

I stand on alert, ready to spring into the service of fellow head-fiers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back