Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jun 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #3,421 of 22,954

i have contacted them, and they asked me to complete a form, then when i checked, it was a repair form.
so i got afraid.
i don't want these new earphones to be repaired and returned to me, while i purchased them only few days ago now.

can you confirm me that, i will received new and very new earphones ?

also i read that i should keep all the accessories, and not send them, it means they will send me back earphones without accessories, how is that possible ?
ok, what do you think ?

even now, i'm thinking to be refunded and purchase some other earphones : H AUDIO ROXANNE 12 DRIVER EARPHONES. link http://www.earphonesolutions.com/roxanne-jh-audio-earphones.html

or the WESTONE W60 6-DRIVER SIGNATURE EARPHONES / link :  http://www.earphonesolutions.com/westone-w60.html

could someone advice me.

i would like to precise that i like very much the SQ of the SE846, and as they are defective, i'm just looking for upgrade.
sam

You will get new ones easier for you and easier for Shure.

Jun 19, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #3,422 of 22,954
They should send you new ones ....Ive been living in the Philippines for a while now and they often tell you to keep the accessories as well but usually send you new items back, though sometimes it's for repair but they will inform you of this first most times every time I've sent high earphones or headphones they've sent me back new items ...I have a pair of Sennheiser iE800 that I had cable issues with and sent them back but they gave me the accessories back to keep I will be picking up the new set that sent back soon as they didn't repair them they replaced them...just check first to be sure

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #3,423 of 22,954
The Westone star tips are amazing after the first proper session. Good variety to find a fit. They have clearly thought it out and comfort is there.

The treble and detail is enhanced over comply, triple flange or yellow foam. But NOT in a peakey / annoying / overdone way at all. I mean you are hearing more of the whole. Other tips almost masking elements. Bass hits harder and more defined. Like a veil removed.

Just too be clear, I am NOT saying night and day. But the sum of the little things are sufficient for me to give up Comply. Good as Comply does not last long enough and I will save money. Westone should support other nozzle sizes as they would make a mint.

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #3,425 of 22,954
Yes: http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.php/products/accessories/tips/star-tips.html

Green and blue for me. If I was a super picky then would want a length between blue and green. But best fit and sq of all the tips.

Will now buy green and/or blue tru-fit to test foam version for sq comparison: http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.php/products/accessories/tips/true-fit-tips.html

Jun 19, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #3,426 of 22,954
Yes: http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.php/products/accessories/tips/star-tips.html

Green and blue for me. If I was a super picky then would want a length between blue and green. But best fit and sq of all the tips.

Will now buy green and/or blue tru-fit to test foam version for sq comparison: http://www.westoneaudio.com/index.php/products/accessories/tips/true-fit-tips.html

which of all your earphones and headphones has the most bass? Best bass?

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #3,427 of 22,954

I bought the "variety pack" off Amazon and I keep bouncing around.

One thing is... the Tru-Fit HURT. I mean, just straight up do not feel good. The material is INCREDIBLY grippy and they start to regain their shape/size within a second or two of rolling them flat so if you don't get them instantly in your ears, uh oh. I think I have actual red spots in my ears from them. They sound gorgeous, but ow. Think I'm gonna stick with the STAR as well, black size though. 

This is REALLY making me want to go get the customs done, LOL. 

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #3,428 of 22,954
Headphone: TH900
IEM: SE846

Note in past week have sold the Phonak 232 and SE535.

If SE846 insufficient for your tastes my suspicion would be look at Tralucent or Roxanne based on forum posts. Have only demo 1plus2 at meet so not possible to give buying advice but my recollection is of 1plus2 big soundstage and big bass. Maybe opportunity if can save up for HK hol(!)

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #3,429 of 22,954

If SE846 insufficient for your tastes my suspicion would be look at Tralucent or Roxanne based on forum posts. Have only demo 1plus2 at meet so not possible to give buying advice but my recollection is of 1plus2 big soundstage and big bass. Maybe opportunity if can save up for HK hol(!)

For the price and siz the Phonak 232 is nice. I have demoed many headphones but just couldnt get into how they feel but many have told me the TH900 do have bass.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #3,430 of 22,954

Some people will like the bass sound a DD make and others will like what the 846s do to it.  It is a matter of taste. Personally, I wish there was a switch on the 846s that allowed me to switch between the two sounds at will....on a whim.  I enjoy them both.

Hybrids aside - BAs are always used in multiples in order to produce the full audio spectrum whereas DDs are usually a singular solution to the same problem, as is the case with the MG7s,  Not only do the Atrios have to produce the gutteral deep sub bass detonations that it does, but also produce the sparkling crisp highs as well - and all at the same time....and the Atrios do it magnificently.  To me, the MG7s are like the poor man's version of the 846s.  In other words, if you can't own the Shure flagship, try these.  They are much more budget friendly and sound great as well.  They do not sound as good as the 846s, mind you -  mainly because of the difference in the mids and highs, but the bass is there.  Top notch and excellent. Gut kicking and thunderous.

Yo, miller,

Are Atrios MG7's even available anymore?  The FutureSonics website says: SOLD OUT / NO LONGER AVAILABLE

EDIT: Found 'em here

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #3,431 of 22,954

beerchug.gif

Jun 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #3,435 of 22,954
They should send you new ones ....Ive been living in the Philippines for a while now and they often tell you to keep the accessories as well but usually send you new items back, though sometimes it's for repair but they will inform you of this first most times every time I've sent high earphones or headphones they've sent me back new items ...I have a pair of Sennheiser iE800 that I had cable issues with and sent them back but they gave me the accessories back to keep I will be picking up the new set that sent back soon as they didn't repair them they replaced them...just check first to be sure

Thank so much for your contribution,
i have recontacted SHURE and they confirm me that they will send me NEW unit as soon as they received the defected one.
I will keep the accessories : foam, filters .... , before sending back.
something important, they will support the shipping cost :) 

sam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back