Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jan 16, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #13,891 of 22,960
Agreed sir, agreed! Only hard part about that is living in Hawaii, there aren't any shops here to demo stuff :frowning2:

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #13,893 of 22,960
Yeah, anything over a $500 or so warrants a serious audition in my opinion. I fell in love with the SE846 when I had originally wanted to just upgrade my SE215 to an SE535 and ended out trying the "top of the line" just for giggles. My wallet wishes I hadn't asked for an audition, but my ears have been very happy for the last year.

I also agree that the K10 U did almost everything better than the SE846, with the exception of fit, isolation, and comfort. I only had a small range of tips to use with them, so it could also exceed the SE846 in those categories, but my audition didn't really allow for it. Like others have said: it's an upgrade, but is it a tremendous upgrade? I don't think so. Where I live (South Korea), the SE846s retail for around $999. The K10 U retails for around $1999, roughly twice the price. The K10 U simply isn't 2x as good. At most, I would say it's 1.2x as good. I am extremely happy with my SE846s and the only way I foresee replacing them is with a custom K10, maybe one of those with antique watch parts inside.

Jan 16, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #13,894 of 22,960
I'll be able to make a comparison very soon. Getting my U12 Monday.

so so so eager to read your impressions especially in bass and sub bass so if its better and it has that new adel tech to preserve hearing then to me adel u12 is the way to go

Jan 16, 2016 at 6:31 AM Post #13,895 of 22,960
I'll be able to make a comparison very soon. Getting my U12 Monday.

so so so eager to read your impressions especially in bass and sub bass so if its better and it has that new adel tech to preserve hearing then to me adel u12 is the way to go

Yes me to 846 versus k10u and adel u12.

We know some about k10 from generous sharing 846 users but interested in this trio throw down. What I would be interested in is with a quality dac amp who creates that magic in the midrange where the 3D note detail lives and can muster some good base slam and sub base resonance. Acute, transparent bliss, not asking much but one of these puppies needs the belt.
I do agree with the 846 fit and value and sq ability, and just cause a few lucky folks share their analysis with us doesn't mean poorly on any of these iem's. Titans one and all in there own regard.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #13,896 of 22,960

​I see that you feature bass and sub bass in your comment here and I have noticed you doing the same in other threads. If you want killer bass the K10UA is the one you want. It is the closest you will come to a top tier full size headphone in regard to the bass and other factors as well.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #13,897 of 22,960

​I see that you feature bass and sub bass in your comment here and I have noticed you doing the same in other threads. If you want killer bass the K10UA is the one you want. It is the closest you will come to a top tier full size headphone in regard to the bass and other factors as well.

Have you listened to adel u12?

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #13,899 of 22,960
Yeah, anything over a $500 or so warrants a serious audition in my opinion. I fell in love with the SE846 when I had originally wanted to just upgrade my SE215 to an SE535 and ended out trying the "top of the line" just for giggles. My wallet wishes I hadn't asked for an audition, but my ears have been very happy for the last year.

I also agree that the K10 U did almost everything better than the SE846, with the exception of fit, isolation, and comfort. I only had a small range of tips to use with them, so it could also exceed the SE846 in those categories, but my audition didn't really allow for it. Like others have said: it's an upgrade, but is it a tremendous upgrade? I don't think so. Where I live (South Korea), the SE846s retail for around $999. The K10 U retails for around $1999, roughly twice the price. The K10 U simply isn't 2x as good. At most, I would say it's 1.2x as good. I am extremely happy with my SE846s and the only way I foresee replacing them is with a custom K10, maybe one of those with antique watch parts inside.

For another 100% in enjoyment I recommended modifying or getting spin fit tips to fit the se846. One word. Amazing experience. It took my liking the 846 to LOVING them.

Jan 17, 2016 at 6:55 AM Post #13,900 of 22,960
Same here, because I've been looking for an upgrade over r the se846 (looking for fun, immersive, engaging sound) (((the wow factor)))
And my se846 hasn't been beat yet, haven't tried who knows what but UE 18, Angie, akg 3003 < (what a joke that was), grado 1000, nighthawk.... Nothing beat it in sound

Trying my hardest to get a kaiser 10U to just try, but idk how to go about it
846 is hard to beat in the fun and engaging department. K10u is a wonderful iem that is engaging and emotional. I have found myself at times listening to the same songs I usually do but FEELING them more for some reason with the k10u. It is effortless and hard to describe. I would give the 10u and u12 a shot if possible. Otherwise just wait a few days. I'm going to post up some initial comparisons between the 10u , u12 , se846 and more.

Jan 17, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #13,901 of 22,960
846 is hard to beat in the fun and engaging department. K10u is a wonderful iem that is engaging and emotional. I have found myself at times listening to the same songs I usually do but FEELING them more for some reason with the k10u. It is effortless and hard to describe. I would give the 10u and u12 a shot if possible. Otherwise just wait a few days. I'm going to post up some initial comparisons between the 10u , u12 , se846 and more.

very interested 

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #13,902 of 22,960

Any ideas on how to test them out?

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #13,903 of 22,960
Any ideas on how to test them out?

please focus on bass, soundstage, detail, musicality

try great mastering songs and also bad recorded songs

an example of a poorly mastered album is depeche mode songs of faith and devotion, which has great songs but is mastered so so bad
try and see how both handle bad recordings as to me greatly mastered songs would sound great on anything so i am always testing great mastered and poorly mastered songs

for me iems should be forgiving, warm , big bass, and good soundstage with great layering and musical

for a time i was interested in shure kse1500 but reading the impressions is the opposite what i look for in iems

Jan 17, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #13,904 of 22,960
please focus on bass, soundstage, detail, musicality

try great mastering songs and also bad recorded songs

an example of a poorly mastered album is depeche mode songs of faith and devotion, which has great songs but is mastered so so bad
try and see how both handle bad recordings as to me greatly mastered songs would sound great on anything so i am always testing great mastered and poorly mastered songs

for me iems should be forgiving, warm , big bass, and good soundstage with great layering and musical

for a time i was interested in shure kse1500 but reading the impressions is the opposite what i look for in iems

Thank you for that, I also mean *how to test out when availability is a problem, I live in usa) no audio shops near me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back