Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #7,623 of 22,945
Are you mad he insulted the 8s, or am I missing something here? Sorry for being nosy. ☺

I'm kinda trolling here but go to the ie800  to find out
smile.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #7,624 of 22,945
Silver cables vs Copper cables...846's vs IEM's costing several hundred dollars less...it's all relative. What's your reference point? I do have to say that the "look" of that AOL Quad cable makes me want one...lol. Folks will back whatever they own especially if they only own one choice of individual components. Then it comes back to what are you listening to? Too many variables to buy into anything that's posted online completely. Besides...in two months, if you follow everything posted in the forums...whatever you own is going to be crap compared to something else...lol

I'm still stuck with trying to decide if I want the SCS's that Moedawg reviewed. But that's an easy decision because it's no custom sleeves vs custom sleeves.

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #7,625 of 22,945
Silver cables vs Copper cables...846's vs IEM's costing several hundred dollars less...it's all relative. What's your reference point? I do have to say that the "look" of that AOL Quad cable makes me want one...lol. Folks will back whatever they own especially if they only own one choice of individual components. Then it comes back to what are you listening to? Too many variables to buy into anything that's posted online completely. Besides...in two months, if you follow everything posted in the forums...whatever you own is going to be crap compared to something else...lol

I'm still stuck with trying to decide if I want the SCS's that Moedawg reviewed. But that's an easy decision because it's no custom sleeves vs custom sleeves.

Also, tastes change. Listening to some iems I loved a while back now sound so awful because my views of what an ideal sound should be has evolved. In fact I'm sure it'll change again and I'll end up going with something else in future. That's the fun in this hobby :)

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #7,627 of 22,945
Nov 23, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #7,631 of 22,945
Awesome! Just out of curiousity, how long did you wait for the SCSs after impressions, and what color did you get?
tongue.gif

Punit said in the SCS review thread the turnaround time was 7 days, so that should imply the time he waited after impressions.  That is very fast turnaround time, that's for sure!  But shipping the impressions to Chicago would just take the amount of time it takes to ship, which is different around the world and different methods, of course.  For reference, shipping from California to Chicago would always take a few days with USPS - ground shipping.

I will assume punit purchased the clear color.  If punit purchased anything else, I'm sure punit would have specified so.  But, we will see if I will eat my words. 
redface.gif

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #7,635 of 22,945
Well I hope that all of you are pleased with yourselves. Due to my chronic inability to resist temptation, an email was just sent to the nearest audiologist (nearly an hour away) to make an appointment to have impressions made. I WILL heed the lessons learned by reading the continuing saga's of moedawg, and be sure that my ears are very clean so that I will not need to repeat such a God awful trek...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back