Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 4, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #7,069 of 22,960
So I bought the Logitech UE900s remote cable for my SE846. I removed the memory wire within two minutes of receiving the package, as always. That ish is not allowed in my house. U AWARE? Cool little cable.

This is better than both the Shure AND Westone remote cables in every way. EXTREMELY soft cable and as always, comfort level skyrockets once removing memory wire. I totally forget I'm wearing these.

OH and the left and right channels are same length unlike other remote cables. This is awesome because when the remote side is longer, feels very weird with over-the-ear IEM's like Shure's. The right side being longer on those means the ear loop can come out from around your ear, it's a STUPID feeling. "Strain relief" blah blah blah. Even if I worked at McDonalds I could afford one of these every two weeks, let's try not to pop a blood vessel over this brahs

Sonically, nothing sounds off. Comparable to stock.

Pretty good cable as a daily driver IMHO

eyecandypr0n:

UE900s cable next to 93Spec pure silver:

Out of my 5 MMCX cables, the UE900s one is the most comfortable for me. Not bad for $30!!!
My only criticism is that kinks are hard to get out, although not impossible. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #7,070 of 22,960
  So I bought the Logitech UE900s remote cable for my SE846. I removed the memory wire within two minutes of receiving the package, as always. That ish is not allowed in my house. U AWARE? Cool little cable.

This is better than both the Shure AND Westone remote cables in every way. EXTREMELY soft cable and as always, comfort level skyrockets once removing memory wire. I totally forget I'm wearing these.

OH and the left and right channels are same length unlike other remote cables. This is awesome because when the remote side is longer, feels very weird with over-the-ear IEM's like Shure's. The right side being longer on those means the ear loop can come out from around your ear, it's a STUPID feeling. "Strain relief" blah blah blah. Even if I worked at McDonalds I could afford one of these every two weeks, let's try not to pop a blood vessel over this brahs

Sonically, nothing sounds off. Comparable to stock.

Pretty good cable as a daily driver IMHO

eyecandypr0n:

UE900s cable next to 93Spec pure silver:

Out of my 5 MMCX cables, the UE900s one is the most comfortable for me. Not bad for $30!!!

that's a great idea! too bad I sold my UE900s but I might get just the cable. Can you tell me how long the cable is ? I do find the stock shure one too short and one too long. when I had the UE900, I also found the cable quite good and really light.

Nov 4, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #7,071 of 22,960
I'll check when I'm done jamming with these, enjoying this remote feel like I'm the guy in Freestyler pause/playing the world LOL. I'm pretty mature for a 26 year old what can I say

It's prob same length as the stock Shure cable, the long one. But dude... it's thin and soft you can just wrap it around your fingers twice and rubber band it to make it shorter. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #7,073 of 22,960
  What tips do you guys use with these? The olives? 

Depends. When I'm really sleep deprived my ear canal is a little more restrictive just before the first bend.

Usually Westone star tips red, the long ones. When those don't fit right, the SHure large silicone. I have to force them in a bit as I'm usually a medium but those large ones grip on to my ear canal very well so when I twist my head at warp speed to scope out a babe, the IEM's don't wiggle around. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #7,074 of 22,960
Do you think that the small holes on the shure tips affect the soundstage? I've found this to be the case with other IEMs, but then these are Shure IEMs with Shure tips...

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #7,075 of 22,960
  What tips do you guys use with these? The olives? 

I've tested out all the tips that came with it and found the default medium olives to be the best fit. The silicone was just uncomfortable, and I thought the yellow foam would provide a good seal to boost clarity, but its porous shell leaked sound and I lost a ton of detail. Your best bet from the stock sleeves is probably the olives. I also ordered a pack of the Westone True-Fit and Star-Fit, but found them to be rather horrid. I'm not sure if I just received a defective kit, but the molding was very sloppy. Some of the sleeves had bores that were partially covered. Those that were molded well had their own issues. Some of them slid onto the nozzle smoothly, but some also became stuck. I literally had to wrestle one of them off. I also found the fit to be rather off since most of the larger sleeves were elongated, which didn't bode well for my somewhat shallow ear canals. So at the end, I just stuck with the olives . . . for now anyway.

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #7,076 of 22,960
  Do you think that the small holes on the shure tips affect the soundstage? I've found this to be the case with other IEMs, but then these are Shure IEMs with Shure tips...

You meat at the end of the tip? That would definitely explain why my westone tips have a smaller soundstage. They have sort of a trumpet shape at the tip. Of the tip. Wut

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #7,077 of 22,960
  Unfortunately I didn't, but doesn't really matter, I've bought one and it should be coming this week. 

No matter - you'll have your own soon and I'm pretty sure you'll live them. My guess is you'll be a white filter guy, but it'll be good to hear your thoughts

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #7,078 of 22,960
  You meat at the end of the tip? That would definitely explain why my westone tips have a smaller soundstage. They have sort of a trumpet shape at the tip. Of the tip. Wut

I can verify that the Shure silicone tips does shrink the sound stage. I own a few pair of Shures and have played around with the sleeves a bit. They're definitely not something I would recommend.

Nov 4, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #7,079 of 22,960
  I've tested out all the tips that came with it and found the default medium olives to be the best fit. The silicone was just uncomfortable, and I thought the yellow foam would provide a good seal to boost clarity, but its porous shell leaked sound and I lost a ton of detail. Your best bet from the stock sleeves is probably the olives. I also ordered a pack of the Westone True-Fit and Star-Fit, but found them to be rather horrid. I'm not sure if I just received a defective kit, but the molding was very sloppy. Some of the sleeves had bores that were partially covered. Those that were molded well had their own issues. Some of them slid onto the nozzle smoothly, but some also became stuck. I literally had to wrestle one of them off. I also found the fit to be rather off since most of the larger sleeves were elongated, which didn't bode well for my somewhat shallow ear canals. So at the end, I just stuck with the olives . . . for now anyway.

Thanks.
  I can verify that the Shure silicone tips does shrink the sound stage. I own a few pair of Shures and have played around with the sleeves a bit. They're definitely not something I would recommend.

Yeah, me too. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #7,080 of 22,960
How would the shures do with progressive rock and metal?  For some reason I keep being interested in these.  The last time I tried a shure though I had issues where the cable relief would prevent a proper seal :frowning2: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back