Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Aug 18, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #31 of 22,946
Quote:
Interesting question. The whole reason I get universals, in my mind, is so I don't have to deal with the Acrylic shells :)

But then, for those who want to do it, I'm not sure how this will be done... Perhaps some innovative CIEM maker will be able to incorporate changeable filter technology too?

I know UM doesn't use a physical filter, but they do allow tuning of the port with ports that screw in and out to adjust the bass. 

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #34 of 22,946
I use silver cables, and I know I'm not the only one :)

The default cable is super unergonomic..

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #36 of 22,946
When I get mine on Monday, I have pure OCC silver balanced cables from Headphone Lounge ready to connect :)

What balanced sources are you planning to use? Just curious.

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #37 of 22,946
What balanced sources are you planning to use? Just curious.

For my portable rig, an iPhone 5 wiith 320kbps files to a silver LOD using the lightning to 30 pin adapter (with the Wolfson DAC) to an RSA Protector amplifier then the balanced cables to the SE846. I may purchase an AK 120 as source but the problem is my job is very 24/7 and clients call at all hours so I am pretty much stuck using my iPhone in case of calls.

What is your set up?

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #38 of 22,946
DHC Symbiote SE or Symbiote Fusion are remarkable cables. Extremely popular with the SE535 and most likely will be popular with the SE846 as well. PM me if you have any questions.

Aug 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #39 of 22,946
DHC Symbiote SE or Symbiote Fusion are remarkable cables. Extremely popular with the SE535 and most likely will be popular with the SE846 as well. PM me if you have any questions.

I agree Peter at DHC makes some great cables. I use Ted Allen at Headphone Lounge for my cables and the pure OCC silver with the SE535 special edition are great and hoping the same with the SE846.

Aug 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #43 of 22,946
Is this true? Doesn't seem right. Maybe Ted or Chris_himself will chime in. Because the way I see it HPL=HeadPhoneLounge

As MOTs I do not believe the rules here allow them to answer. I am sure that Headphone Lounge run by Ted Allen is a wholly separate company from HPL Audio run by Chris. Although to my knowledge the cables are all made by Ted Allen. Ted is also really pleasant to deal with

Aug 22, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #44 of 22,946
I got a local DIY guy to do it for me using his proprietary silver cables. Real good deal, ergonomics are fantastic, and they look and sound wonderful.

I've had my twags in the past but my Favourite still remains the scscag, long gone now.. Should never have sold it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back