Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
May 20, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #15,391 of 22,945
It depends entirely on who you ask. Some may say they can not tell the difference between the Mojo and an iPhone and some will proclaim it as being the best sound they've ever listened to and at least one on this site has enamored over the Mojo so much that the sound presented from the Mojo has made them cry.

Best to do is try it out for yourself to come to your own conclusion with regards to the Mojo (or any other audio equipment) being a blissful presentation to your ears.

Thanks,
Going to take my 846's and iPhone over to our audio shop and get a demo.
Cheers,
Simon

May 20, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #15,392 of 22,945
There is a mojo thread.?

What does that mean?
You have an issue about me asking how the se846 sounds with a mojo on the se846 thread?

There are several other threads that are mojo exclusive topics. Type mojo in the search bar to find out. There is a ton of info.
And no I don't.

May 20, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #15,393 of 22,945
^
And oddly enough one of the biggest Mojo threads is in the Portable Source Gear sub-forum rather than in the Portable Headphone Amps forum. The Powers-That-Be have their reasoning but I among others disagree.
rolleyes.gif

May 20, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #15,394 of 22,945
^
And oddly enough one of the biggest Mojo threads is in the Portable Source Gear sub-forum rather than in the Portable Headphone Amps forum. The Powers-That-Be have their reasoning but I among others disagree.
:rolleyes:  

No matter what (in my opinion), if you have to strap a device onto something else (in this case a source) for it to emit music, then the device that is being used is not a source. What's so difficult about that? (Rhetorical question)

May 20, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #15,395 of 22,945
No matter what (in my opinion), if you have to strap a device onto something else (in this case a source) for it to emit music, then the device that is being used is not a source. What's so difficult about that? (Rhetorical question)

Completely agree, but at the same time it has digital input only so it really doesn't qualify as a portable amp either. It's a weird classification where only a few devices like the Mojo, iFi DSD Nano, CL Algorythm -db and CL Theorum 720 would be the only products to occupy the space.

May 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #15,396 of 22,945
It depends entirely on who you ask. Some may say they can not tell the difference between the Mojo and an iPhone and some will proclaim it as being the best sound they've ever listened to and at least one on this site has enamored over the Mojo so much that the sound presented from the Mojo has made them cry.

Best to do is try it out for yourself to come to your own conclusion with regards to the Mojo (or any other audio equipment) being a blissful presentation to your ears.

This can cut both ways Lol!

May 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #15,397 of 22,945

Completely agree, but at the same time it has digital input only so it really doesn't qualify as a portable amp either. It's a weird classification where only a few devices like the Mojo, iFi DSD Nano, CL Algorythm -db and CL Theorum 720 would be the only products to occupy the space.

While I also agree it is difficult to not associate mojo as a dac amp for a smart phone.

May 20, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #15,399 of 22,945

As long as it sounds good, then no worries about what it is and isn't.  I would just rather not strap a device or add a device to my source that will automatically add bulk, an extra cable attaching to the source, and adding another device I need to charge or keep charged, especially when I feel the source sounds better to my ears (in my specific case, the QP1R).  

It's all good because I'm glad that there are products that take care of individuals' wants and needs, as there are a lot of people that don't mind the bulk/requiring extra cable/extra device to charge or keep charged and love the sound that the Mojo is able to create in a mandatory conjunction with a source. 

Funny thing, the m9XX that I own sounds very similar to the Mojo, so even if I went with the Mojo for strictly home use, I've got a very close in sound signature already that is the m9XX (not to mention it costs less as well).

May 20, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #15,400 of 22,945
As long as it sounds good, then no worries about what it is and isn't.  I would just rather not strap a device or add a device to my source that will automatically add bulk, an extra cable attaching to the source, and adding another device I need to charge or keep charged, especially when I feel the source sounds better to my ears (in my specific case, the QP1R).  

It's all good because I'm glad that there are products that take care of individuals' wants and needs, as there are a lot of people that don't mind the bulk/requiring extra cable/extra device to charge or keep charged and love the sound that the Mojo is able to create in a mandatory conjunction with a source. 

Funny thing, the m9XX that I own sounds very similar to the Mojo, so even if I went with the Mojo for strictly home use, I've got a very close in sound signature already that is the m9XX (not to mention it costs less as well).

No worries Maurice, you know I'd advocate what the user prefers above everything else, just look at my sig. :wink_face:

Really, I just thought I'd add to the earlier conversation that the Mojo, among other products, are difficult to classify within the Forum structure on Head Fi.

:beerchug:

May 20, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #15,401 of 22,945
No worries Maurice, you know I'd advocate what the user prefers above everything else, just look at my sig.
wink_face.gif

Really, I just thought I'd add to the earlier conversation that the Mojo, among other products, are difficult to classify within the Forum structure on Head Fi.

beerchug.gif

Sounds deep! 

No worries with regards to the forum structure or anything of the sort.  Glad there is a place for us at all to discuss about potentially great sounding equipment, music, and various meet-ups and events.  I'm grateful and more (I don't want to upset anyone by saying how I really feel [it's positive]). 
normal_smile .gif

beerchug.gif

May 22, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #15,402 of 22,945
Hello all,

Just a bit of a follow up from me. I tried this weekend with no Filters in. Kind of mixed feelings. The soundstage was a little wider to my ears but the base dropped off and, hard to put this into words, but the various parts of the sound didn't seem to work together. After a day listening to no filters I went back to my modded blues and that's it for me. Loved the return of that sound I love.

Cheers,
Simon

May 22, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #15,403 of 22,945
OK anyone wanting to try my Knowles filters ready made PM me. I'm willing to loan them out and if there's more than one maybe passing them on. It's almost all of the types so you should get an idea what works for you.  But I do want them back and I won't include the one I've settled on. 

May 23, 2016 at 4:04 AM Post #15,405 of 22,945
  Can you let me know where to buy the knowles filter? thanks

i have both blue and black filters new sealed never been used for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back