Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
Nov 17, 2013 at 12:37 PM Post #2,296 of 3,218
   yupp my jh16 is better than the se846 ... and i have only one pair of ears so no point keeping both ... but if i were to choose a universal fit i would definitely choose the 846 anytime ... i sold it not cos it was bad but because it has become rather under utilized ... only use them when i'm have to do task that requires me to put on and off the iems frequently. so i decided to sell them since i was offered a good price ... i got my jh16 at 1.4k++ during the summer sale and i kinda evaded tax so that was all i paid ...the 846 is still the universal to go to if you ask me

are you filthy rich or something? so you sold 846 to get jh16?

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #2,297 of 3,218
are you filthy rich or something? so you sold 846 to get jh16?

Ehhh nope not filthy rich ... I'm just a student with no job ... I just spend within my means and save on unnecessary stuffs ... and I bought the jh16 before I sold the 846 just in case I felt that the 846 was still better... I bought the jh16 only cos it had rather good reviews plus there was a summer promotion ... which sums up to 1.4k... which was much cheaper than what jaben retails for in sg, $1998sgd. So I thought it was a good opportunity to get customs

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #2,298 of 3,218
How would you compare the JH16Pro to the 846?

Would say the JH16Pro's vocal presentation doesn't stand a chance in front of the 846 :)

Nov 17, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #2,300 of 3,218
High praise indeed. What filter do you use most?

I find the highs to aggressive with the highs-filter, so I just use the normal filter (blue) for my daily use.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #2,301 of 3,218
About the filters, I personally feel that the white (treble) filters allows for a increased resolution, clarity and perhaps good for monitoring, etc. And as a detail and clarity lover, I have been using them for quite a while, since I bought them from a few months back. However, they do get a little tiring due to the treble tilt. And when I change back to the blue filters and change from a Mid-heavy cable to its stock cable (weightier in the bass/lower mids), the timbre seems quite better. 

It changes from like sterile to enjoyment. I just want to listen to my favourite singers rather than my reference pieces to test speakers/earphones. So that's that. The black filter I haven't tried them properly but I have a feeling that they are a bit too warm for me. 

Nov 18, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #2,303 of 3,218
Ehhh nope not filthy rich ... I'm just a student with no job ... I just spend within my means and save on unnecessary stuffs ... and I bought the jh16 before I sold the 846 just in case I felt that the 846 was still better... I bought the jh16 only cos it had rather good reviews plus there was a summer promotion ... which sums up to 1.4k... which was much cheaper than what jaben retails for in sg, $1998sgd. So I thought it was a good opportunity to get customs

you got no job and you still can manage a way to squeeze the fat, share me your secret how does one man turns nothing into something. how do you make money with no jobs which later save you enough dope to buy both jh16 & se846?

Nov 18, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #2,304 of 3,218

you got no job and you still can manage a way to squeeze the fat, share me your secret how does one man turns nothing into something. how do you make money with no jobs which later save you enough dope to buy both jh16 & se846?

I'm not sure about daltonljj. But here in Singapore, most of us kids receive pocket money as we have to buy our own breakfast and lunch, from our parents and if you don't spend your cash on stupid useless items, it is easy to grow some savings. So it is not exactly nothing to something.

Nov 18, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #2,305 of 3,218
  how does the low frequancy and bass of the jh16's compares with the 846?

I used to own a pair of pre-FP JH16Pros, and I have to say that the new JH16Pro (with FP) has less aggressive bass and lower body than the previous. In terms of the new FP-ed version comparing to the 846, I find both producing relatively accurate bass response :)

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2,306 of 3,218

ehhhh it not really exactly from nothing to something. Its more of something none physical to something physical ... haha I used my brains to study ... in turn get a scholarship which gives me monthly allowance ... and if i don't spend on useless stuff, i spend them on audio stuff ... haha

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #2,308 of 3,218
Just an experience to share with all.

My local store just launched a great awesome on the th-600 and I really wanted it and tried every single way possible to sell my 846 to fund my purchase.

Funny thing is when I heard the th-600 again with a 4S>National>th600 setup, the tonal a balance or timbre felt rather off after getting used to the astonishingly lifelike tonality of the SE846.

I realised that this great strength of the 846 was overlooked as I took it for granted. The 846 is gonna be with me for a while, I know it.

However, I was wondering if any of you have suggestions as what to drive them with. As I starting to feel the bulk of my 4S> National > 846 combo. Thanks a lot!

Cheers!
Mitch

Nov 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #2,310 of 3,218
Mitch,

My portable rig is iPod Touch 5th-->Lightning to 30 pin adapter-->silver LOD-->RSA Protector-->balanced OCC silver cables-->SE846. I use 3M's Scotch fasteners to connect the amp to the iPod. Very low profile and with a balanced amp and silver cables the sound is 3D and sublime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back