Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
May 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #257 of 3,218
Quote:
I just got off the phone with Robert Urlich Shure, founder and CEO of Shure, and he told me that the SE846 actually cost over 1.5k$ in production and amortization of R&D. R.U. Shure then told me that they sold it at such a low price only out of love for the fans. Finally he hinted that there might be a package with the AK120 and that monthly installments would be possible.

Oh Really?
So the CEO is loosing Millions of Dollars because of his fans, what kind of rip off are we talking about here, it costs them 1.5K to make them, yet they sell it underpriced, It costs them a maximum of 100 Dollars to make these earphones, and which the rest is put to R&D, 1500 to make a 4 driver headphone what a joke, acoustically they had made a perfect resemblence and they are demanding the price for it, Until I hear it, I cannot justify to spend that much on such a rip off product.

May 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #258 of 3,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by HideousPride /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Interestingly enough, they changed the list price to $1,250.

You now "save" a precise 20% figure with the preorder. 

Was it even set yet? None have been delivered and it's not yet on Shure's home country site.

May 10, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #259 of 3,218
I hope you did not actually think I talked to[thethb CEO of Shure....
Oh Really?
So the CEO is loosing Millions of Dollars because of his fans, what kind of rip off are we talking about here, it costs them 1.5K to make them, yet they sell it underpriced, It costs them a maximum of 100 Dollars to make these earphones, and which the rest is put to R&D, 1500 to make a 4 driver headphone what a joke, acoustically they had made a perfect resemblence and they are demanding the price for it, Until I hear it, I cannot justify to spend that much on such a rip off product.

May 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #262 of 3,218
Quote:

Oh Really?

Bwahahahaha.

May 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #264 of 3,218
Quote:

Oh Really?

I think your missing out the laser etched steel plate assembly, which acts as a low pass filter, I can see this probably took a lot of R&D.

May 10, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #265 of 3,218
yes they bound to release a special edition for their flagship! i quite content with my se535 red edition. in fact i got it this feburary! so there's no reason to get a new one!

I agree. I bought my 535 Special Editions in November and love the sonic signature. I am not going to go chasing after rainbows looking for that perfect sound. It always amazes me here the number of people who have multiple headphones/IEMs. You can only listen to one at a time. I have one IEM for travel and one headphone for home. Of course it is heresy here to say I use my IEM and headphone to actually listen and enjoy the music not as a science project.

May 10, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #266 of 3,218
Quote:
. Of course it is heresy here to say I use my IEM and headphone to actually listen and enjoy the music not as a science project.

Sometimes I wish I had never gotten involved with high-end audio. I feel like I used to just enjoy music more and not worry about it so damn much. But then, my journey has been very rewarding. But it never ends. 

May 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #267 of 3,218
Quote:
 It always amazes me here the number of people who have multiple headphones/IEMs. You can only listen to one at a time. I have one IEM for travel and one headphone for home. Of course it is heresy here to say I use my IEM and headphone to actually listen and enjoy the music not as a science project.

Totes brodawg.  Its like all those fools that eat more than 1 type of food, or wear different clothes sometimes.  Variety is for suckers. 

May 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #268 of 3,218
hey fellas do you think it's WAY TOO EARLY to pick these up for someone like myself who just got se535 ltd literally this year!? Again these cans are tempting but i'm shy away from the price! i think i should wait for another year to hear the announcement for a special edition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back