Shure se535 vs UE 5 Pro vs UE tf 10
Apr 21, 2011 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cwh1996

New Head-Fier
Can anyone tell me which iem should i buy (iems listed in the title) since i am looking for a great pair with superior sound quality. Adding to that, most of my music are either classical or pop. Thank you

Apr 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 7
I didn't like the TripleFi 10's with classical music. I found that there was too much bass for my liking and the instrument separation was not enough. Certain parts of orchestral work would get bunched together and muddy--not super muddy but just enough that it bothered me.
The recessed mids didn't help at all either.
The triplefi's do, however, have very nice treble.

Haven't tried any of the other IEM's you mentioned so I can only assist with the TripleFi's. 

Good luck on your search!

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 7
The triple.fi's have a V-shaped frequency response (boosted lows and highs). By contrast, the SE535 has emphasized mids and rolled-off lows and highs. Choose the sound signature that you like. When it comes to top-tier IEMs, they are all very good in some way or another, and it really comes down to your personal preference.

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 7
Along with the SE535 you should also consider the Westone 4's. Many impressions of the W4's say that they are very neutral or flat sounding which I think will be better for orchestral classical. I have no first-hand experience with the W4 yet, but I shall have them in my ears next week.
If you have a chance to try the SE535 and Westone4's--or any of your other candidates--then that would be the best way to choose since, as calipilot stated, top-tier IEMs are all about personal preference.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #6 of 7
Just got my TF10's today... at first they sounded goood... the bass wasn't too punch but the high's were amazing aswell as the soundstage... now after 10 hours of burn in (yeah I know... not even close to the recommended burn in) ... they don't sound good... they sound GREAT! I am completely in love with the beautiful v-shaped sound... best SQ i've heard in quite a while and I'm only 10 hours into burn in

Users who are viewing this thread

Back