Shure SE535 Special Edition
Nov 22, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #76 of 240
Quote:
Does anyone have any coupon codes for accessoryjack? I am looking at purchasing these from their website. Thanks!

I've been wondering the exact same, and would really appreciate it if someone happened to know of any valid coupon(s).

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #78 of 240
Bought a pair on Tuesday and today added a 3rd party cable, Baldur Mk2, as I hated the stock (aesthetic reasons).

This combination is a match, made in heaven. The sound is truly stunning!

Stock red 535, my Westone 4 was better. With the Baldur Mk2, the red 535 trumps the W4s many times over in every aspect. Never thought I would say that as I had never liked the original 535s.

Funnily, I bought the red 535s on a whim after reading this thread Tuesday morning. So glad I did!!

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM Post #80 of 240
Does anyone on Headfi have a pair to compare with the regular 535s?

Not sure I trust that review on hardwarezone

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #81 of 240

Here is a pic. Sorry about the quality, phone camera.

The cables are very comfortable to wear. The colour is atually darker than as shown in the picture. Again cannot reiterate how great the red 535s sounds with the Baldur MK2

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #82 of 240
Quote:

Here is a pic. Sorry about the quality, phone camera.

The cables are very comfortable to wear. The colour is atually darker than as shown in the picture. Again cannot reiterate how great the red 535s sounds with the Baldur MK2

I think you should try them with a DHC Symbiote cable than, and do you have the original SE535's to compare with?

Nov 26, 2011 at 7:33 PM Post #84 of 240
Thank you johnkim0011.

I am actually located in Hong Kong. Both items were purchased locally. Having said that, the cable is readily available on auction sites. I am very fortunate to be in Hong Kong as all the cables are readily available at IEM shops for auditioning and I listened to about six different cables before settling on the ones bought. 

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:13 PM Post #85 of 240
Ahh, I see. I already have SE535CL but I'm so tempted to get a red version.... 
o2smile.gif

Quote:
Thank you johnkim0011.

I am actually located in Hong Kong. Both items were purchased locally. Having said that, the cable is readily available on auction sites. I am very fortunate to be in Hong Kong as all the cables are readily available at IEM shops for auditioning and I listened to about six different cables before settling on the ones bought. 

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:00 AM Post #86 of 240
Got some of these a few hours ago. So far i'm very impressed. I wanted something a bit warmer and with more bass impact than my Grado GR10's and these certainly deliver. Does anyone want pics?

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #87 of 240
^ Pics are always welcome, my friend. :)

P.S. If and when time permits, a comparison between the GR10 and SE535 SE would be greatly appreciated. :D

Dec 1, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #88 of 240
I hated my red se535s out of the box.  Found them too forward sounding, all the instruments were spot lighted too much, making the sound very harsh and hi fi sounding. Extemely fatiguing! Bass was impactful with good slam but no bloom and sounding very woody. Comparing with the Westone 4s.

What a great relief that I hated the stock cable! The sound I am hearing now......STUNNING

Will write a more thorough report.

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:04 AM Post #90 of 240
well basically everything is the same Blue cable with a mark 2. they call it baldur mk2 ,beat audio calls it something else mk2. price varies according to the fittings ie plugs etc. hmmmm you can pm me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back