Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #1,081 of 4,022
I am tempted by that ebay price as well.  Is there any risk they aren't authentic?  I own the SE530s and love them.  I haven't tried the other high end IEMs frequently mentioned on this forum and therefore can't compare them.  I called Shure Customer Service a couple of weeks ago and asked about the difference between the 530s and the 535s.  A very nice many explained that the drivers in the 535s are identical to those in the 530s.  The differences are that (1) the cable can be replaced and (2) either the L or R IEM can be replaced.

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:46 PM Post #1,082 of 4,022

Quote:
Didn't someone else buy their SE535 at that price or similar price from that seller? The ad looks pretty familiar from when there was a link to some ebay ad on the SE535 when this thread was still relatively short in page number.

I think MKang25, maybe... ?

Aug 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #1,083 of 4,022
Ah that's who I was thinking of but wasn't positive. In terms of fakes I don't think there are fakes yet. It's still relatively new to the market I believe so will need some more time before fakes pop out although that seller seems trustworthy but I've never purchased from that seller. It is a tempting price for prospective buyers however. You wouldn't get warranty from Shure however although you can look into one of those online warranties that you can buy for like 30 bucks or so.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #1,084 of 4,022

Quote:
Ah that's who I was thinking of but wasn't positive. In terms of fakes I don't think there are fakes yet. It's still relatively new to the market I believe so will need some more time before fakes pop out although that seller seems trustworthy but I've never purchased from that seller. It is a tempting price for prospective buyers however. You wouldn't get warranty from Shure however although you can look into one of those online warranties that you can buy for like 30 bucks or so.

Thanks for your response.  My 530s are fine.  I think I will just keep using them and if I have a problem with them then buy the 535s.  By then the price from authorized firms may be better.

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #1,085 of 4,022

Quote:
Thanks for your response.  My 530s are fine.  I think I will just keep using them and if I have a problem with them then buy the 535s.  By then the price from authorized firms may be better.

thats what im thinking too.  everything costs RRP when it comes out but give it 6 months and the price gets in line with the others

Aug 20, 2010 at 7:49 PM Post #1,086 of 4,022

Quote:
I think MKang25, maybe... ?

Nope bought mines from SoundEarphones asked them for a price match back when EarPhoneSolutions had some crazy % off and got a good deal. I personally did not buy it from the eBay sellers because I wanted the warranty protection, 2 years + 2 years from AMEX is very good and if I bought from an eBay seller would not have gotten that.

The other reason that these might be cheap are they might stolen? Just a guess.

But other than that I HIgHLY doubt anyone is going to be making Fake 535s anytime SOON because of the fact that the detail that goes into the housing design and cable of the phones especially the clear ones. IF you look at the clear ones there are paint indicators inside the plastic and outside which is some very high level of detail which I think forgers are going to have a hard time trying to replicate.

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #1,088 of 4,022

Quote:
just bit the bullet on these
i really hope the hype is for real

Awesome, what IEMs are you coming from?

Oh and make sure you get the clear, they sound better than the bronze
beerchug.gif

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #1,089 of 4,022

Quote:
I am tempted by that ebay price as well.  Is there any risk they aren't authentic?  I own the SE530s and love them.  I haven't tried the other high end IEMs frequently mentioned on this forum and therefore can't compare them.  I called Shure Customer Service a couple of weeks ago and asked about the difference between the 530s and the 535s.  A very nice many explained that the drivers in the 535s are identical to those in the 530s.  The differences are that (1) the cable can be replaced and (2) either the L or R IEM can be replaced.

There are also noticeable sonic difference as reported by many owners of the 530s and 535s.

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #1,090 of 4,022

Quote:
Awesome, what IEMs are you coming from?

Oh and make sure you get the clear, they sound better than the bronze
beerchug.gif

mtpg/mtpc/md/ex700lp/ddm/ps200 and a lot more

really? clear sound better than bronze?
i find that hard to believe
who cares i got the clear
they caress my eyes
hopefully they can caress my ears too

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #1,091 of 4,022

Quote:
mtpg/mtpc/md/ex700lp/ddm/ps200 and a lot more

really? clear sound better than bronze?
i find that hard to believe
who cares i got the clear
they caress my eyes
hopefully they can caress my ears too

Nice, seems like your coming from a lot of Dynamic driver IEMs hopefully these do not sound to drastically different from what you are used to

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #1,092 of 4,022
Bass and timbre might be the first things you notice that are different from dynamics and BA although I'm not sure about the SE535 :p

Aug 21, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #1,093 of 4,022

I would lol @ that suggestion @ Bennyboy my friend, but I don't want your name hit by a bunch of posters stating that because you and I shared a humorous moment we have disrupted this thread and caused at least 50 new head-fiers to leave in disgust and disown their first-borns. So I will refrain. 
Quote:
Hey Eric, why not buy a dozen and flog them to head-fiers for cost plus a lollipop for yourself? You know it makes sense.

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #1,094 of 4,022
About to pull the trigger on those $279s on eBay soon. Just got my clear 535's in today and thought I would join the community after lurking for so long and share my feelings on them in the next week or so. Only thing holding me back from buying a backup or two is because i paid $100 shipped for mine. LOL 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300455379745

Aug 21, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #1,095 of 4,022

Quote:
About to pull the trigger on those $279s on eBay soon. Just got my clear 535's in today and thought I would join the community after lurking for so long and share my feelings on them in the next week or so. Only thing holding me back from buying a backup or two is because i paid $100 shipped for mine. LOL 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300455379745

What the... ???
Is that for real?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back