Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jun 29, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #3,601 of 4,022
  ALSO, do you guys know where to buy triple flanges that are pretty much identical to the stock ones? Would be nice to have a few so i can cut and try different things.

congratulations
beerchug.gif
and here is a place to get a treble flanges : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=shure+triple+flange

Jun 30, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #3,602 of 4,022
  How do these work with iPhone 5s using Spotify premium or Tidal, or ipod Classic 7th Gen with lossless files?  These are on Massdrop right now and I'm interested in a really good IEM, but some concern they might be too good for iPhone or iPod and reveal their deficiencies.  If these need a dac/amp to sound great, id probably just use them at home and would likely prefer my over-ear headphones.

I use my SE535 almost exclusively with my iPhone 6 and have no complaints. It's possible that the primary reason that I so use it is that I don't currently have an amp suited to driving IEMs with manageable gain. My UHA-6S MkII has an op-amp that drives the SE535 too loud too quickly. But given how great the SE535 sounds straight out of the iPhone, I may very well skip an amp/DAC for them altogether. They're my OTG solution, so the simpler the chain the better. If I decide to get a more demanding, higher-level IEM, then I'll have my Leck retrofitted. 

Jul 11, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #3,604 of 4,022
  congratulations
beerchug.gif
and here is a place to get a treble flanges : http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=shure+triple+flange

thanks but amazon almost never seems to ship to sweden. :frowning2:

These however seem to do and they werent crazy expensive (my local dealer that sells shure charges like 20 bucks for 1 pair of flanges)
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-EA306-Sleeves-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000F657DY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1436647265&sr=8-3&keywords=shure+triple+flange

Are they the same? They mention a bunch of other phones but they look the same.

Jul 14, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #3,605 of 4,022
Are Westone cables with MMCX connectors compatible with the SE535? Viz., 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1043798-REG/westone_78540_52_thin_linum_cable.html.

Seems like it would be nice for OTG.

EDIT: There is evidence in this thread that at least some Westone MMCX cables are compatible with the SE535.

Jul 15, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #3,606 of 4,022
I tried my Westone W30 cable with my brand new SE535 and it worked with big caveat: the cable connection is kind of loose so when i move the cable it disconnects quite easily hence i have given up.

Rule of math: if it seems easy you're doing it wrong.

Jul 16, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #3,608 of 4,022
Thank y'all for the responses. I'll keep my eyes on the Westone cables. I'm looking for a cable that's shorter than the stock Shure cable but doesn't cost a fortune (and isn't microphonic). 

Jul 19, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #3,609 of 4,022
SE535 sounds really good out of my iPhone 6. I think W30 is a bit better though (better instrument separation and treble).

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #3,611 of 4,022

EDIT: There is evidence in this thread that at least some Westone MMCX cables are compatible with the SE535.

I have two blue Westone MMCX cable and one black one. All three works fine with SE535/846.

I have tried twice both cables that are included in the Westone W30 retail box and none of them attaches properly to the SE535 mmcx. I can get connection but so flimsy that just by inserting the iem in the ear the cable detaches from the shell. You can tell that it ani't going to work because the click upon connection is very faint compared with the regular click sound.

If somebody has achieved a secure connection with that loud click please tell how...

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #3,612 of 4,022
I have tried twice both cables that are included in the Westone W30 retail box and none of them attaches properly to the SE535 mmcx. I can get connection but so flimsy that just by inserting the iem in the ear the cable detaches from the shell. You can tell that it ani't going to work because the click upon connection is very faint compared with the regular click sound.

If somebody has achieved a secure connection with that loud click please tell how...

You can try using different sized MMCX washers, as that may/should help regarding securing a tight connection.

If you are having trouble finding them, Ted Allen (headphonelounge.com) has some MMCX washers, as he included some MMCX washers for me when I purchased my MMCX Silver Litz from him.

Hope this helps!

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:18 AM Post #3,613 of 4,022

You can try using different sized MMCX washers, as that may/should help regarding securing a tight connection.

If you are having trouble finding them, Ted Allen (headphonelounge.com) has some MMCX washers, as he included some MMCX washers for me when I purchased my MMCX Silver Litz from him.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info.

Anyway it's not a big deal. I'm happy with stock cable. Just wanted to give it a shot to check if reports were accurate about Westone cables working flawlessly in the SE series.

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #3,614 of 4,022

Thanks for the info.

Anyway it's not a big deal. I'm happy with stock cable. Just wanted to give it a shot to check if reports were accurate about Westone cables working flawlessly in the SE series.

No worries at all.  Now you (and anyone else who reads the posts above) will know a way to make the connection more secure/tighter, regardless of most of the various MMCX connectors used (Westone, Shure, third party/custom MMCX connectors, etcetera). 

Aug 7, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #3,615 of 4,022
For anyone who pairs their SE535/846 with an AK. This seller has a balanced cable for $40.00. Good quality but unfortunately, there are no markings for right and left. Solid 2.5mm connection, which is a known problem for the AK240. Three left as of this posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back