Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Nov 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,915 of 4,022
Okay, but only been using mine for less than a week haha.
Was freaking out a lil bit today as this is my first pair "high-end" iem
Thanks a lot guys
Btw how do you guys take care of your iem?

It is fairly easy to maintain. Just check the nozzles for ear wax and debris (or use Comply tips with wax guard) and every couple of months clean the MMCX connectors (both the cable and the IEM).

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #2,916 of 4,022
Okay, but only been using mine for less than a week haha.
Was freaking out a lil bit today as this is my first pair "high-end" iem
Thanks a lot guys
Btw how do you guys take care of your iem?

Just don't wrap them around your player or stuff them in your pocket. That will dramatically shorten the life of your cable. And don't get moisture inside the nozzles and you should be fine.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #2,917 of 4,022
It's been a long time since I heard a Shure iem. The last one was the e4 many years ago. I'm thinking of these as a backup as I don't have any universals outside of work. How much do these usually go for and do the Ltd version have more treble? I think I read that somewhere but not sure if that's true or not.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #2,918 of 4,022
It's been a long time since I heard a Shure iem. The last one was the e4 many years ago. I'm thinking of these as a backup as I don't have any universals outside of work. How much do these usually go for and do the Ltd version have more treble? I think I read that somewhere but not sure if that's true or not.

They sell for about $500 US and yes the Ltd has a boosted treble but if you are buying new even in the US the Ltd. is available. I know Earphone Solutions is selling the Ltd.

If you can find and old 535 at a better price, there is a pretty simple modification to change the filter to achieve the boosted treble and more. Their is a thread here at Head-Fi that explains the modification and where to buy the filters from Knowles.

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #2,920 of 4,022
They sell for about $500 US and yes the Ltd has a boosted treble but if you are buying new even in the US the Ltd. is available. I know Earphone Solutions is selling the Ltd.

If you can find and old 535 at a better price, there is a pretty simple modification to change the filter to achieve the boosted treble and more. Their is a thread here at Head-Fi that explains the modification and where to buy the filters from Knowles.

Thanks. 500 is a bit much for a universal so I'll look into the 535 with those filters.

Nov 18, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #2,921 of 4,022
I have the bronze ones this time..I did have the clear ones but lost them :'( anyways when I had the clear ones I took them off of the cable a few times to try other cables and stuff and found that that the sound would cut in and out on the one side so I cleaned them and they worked great again..this time I bought the bronze ones and have had them a few months now and have not taken them off of the cable at all and I have not had any problems with the sound cutting in and out at all...I think these will get dirtier when you take them apart often then just leaving them together..plus I heard it weakens the connection when you take the housing off of the cable often..so I'm thinking if you like the cable that comes with them then leave them together...if you don't like the cable..take them apart ..clean the connection..then put on the new cable and leave them alone..this has been my experience with these anyways ..maybe I'm wrong but it has worked for me..happy listening..cause these really are great iems..plus with the treble roll off..I use a good amp and a half decent ..sorry the name of the cable won't come to mind lol the cable that connects the amp to the iPod..well a good cable and I find that it has lifted the treble quit a bit actually..when I just play them out of my iPod then yes the treble is rolled off..but like I said with a good amp and good cable it has opened up and extened the treble more...hope this makes sense..lol I'm not that good at explaining all this stuff nor to I pretend to either lol cheers.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back