Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jun 15, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #3,151 of 4,022
Oh yea, they are a huge upgrade from the 215's i had previously. It really showed that some of music files I had were pretty bad quality.
Got them for a deal i guess, around USD350.

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #3,152 of 4,022
pretty good deal 
beerchug.gif
 ..... what is your sources ? i see a rockboxed ipod classic 
wink_face.gif

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:54 AM Post #3,153 of 4,022
I have a lot of 128k mp3s coming from my old 215s. Now i'm slowly switching my sources over to 320k or flacs when i can get my hands on them.

Yea, I just found an ipod laying around and i just hate itunes.... so i decided to rockbox it and i'm glad i did

edit: I noticed while using the SE535s on my PC with youtube, i noticed some of the quality of the songs suck, issit me or the source?

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #3,154 of 4,022
It depends... If you use any media player on your PC with a quality track and the sound still sucks..it will be your PC ...if the quality was good it will be you tube

BTW .... Stop using 128 mp3.. 320 ,aac & flacs are so good
Your ears and headphones even Se215 deserves better

Jun 16, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #3,155 of 4,022
I know i know.. but it's hard to find newer sources of some older songs which i have in my library. Slowly but surely, i will rid of the 128k's.
I'm still getting used to the new sound of the 535's and seeing how they sound as they get more burnt in

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #3,156 of 4,022
  I almost wish it didn't come with a bag of all these different tips. I keep swapping around because I can't decide which are best, LOL.

yes, that BAG was not helpful. I like the amount of options there are, but the bag that it came with had all my tips stuck together, some deformed and such. Wasn't the best impression I had

I use the L size olive shaped silicon ones, I guess it has the best isolation for me (leaves no area open)
Foam just seems so weird to me, haven't given them a good test yet, and the triple flange ones go right IN to your ear, which feels a bit awkward (nothing should bury that deep into your ear lawl)

Quote:
  I have a lot of 128k mp3s coming from my old 215s. Now i'm slowly switching my sources over to 320k or flacs when i can get my hands on them.

Yea, I just found an ipod laying around and i just hate itunes.... so i decided to rockbox it and i'm glad i did

edit: I noticed while using the SE535s on my PC with youtube, i noticed some of the quality of the songs suck, issit me or the source?

Do yourself a favor and make the change, you'll absolutely enjoy the quality and difference you'll hear.
now I rarely have anything 128k, most are 320 or flac
sometimes it can be your source, but a easy desktop setup can be rather inexpensive.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #3,157 of 4,022
  Do yourself a favor and make the change, you'll absolutely enjoy the quality and difference you'll hear.
now I rarely have anything 128k, most are 320 or flac
sometimes it can be your source, but a easy desktop setup can be rather inexpensive.

Yes. I'm slowly creeping away from the god-awful 128k right now. Seeking sources and replacing my library one by one.

Now another question...
i got these so called 24/96 flacs but seems like the highs break up into crackling sounds. I've looked at the frequencies and it seems that they not crappy. Hope it's not my SE535 or my iPod classic :p

Jun 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #3,158 of 4,022
  Yes. I'm slowly creeping away from the god-awful 128k right now. Seeking sources and replacing my library one by one.

Now another question...
i got these so called 24/96 flacs but seems like the highs break up into crackling sounds. I've looked at the frequencies and it seems that they not crappy. Hope it's not my SE535 or my iPod classic :p

Sounds like whatever you are playing those flacs through can't handle the higher bitrate.

Jun 16, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #3,160 of 4,022
I have an old pair of SE530 lying around with a busted left side. At the time I decided not to buy the SE535 at the discounted rate and just opted to buy the SE215 to save some money. In retrospect that was a dumb choice but I was probably pissed that they and also my previous E500PTH had broken and they were now charging me money. But now I'm back to doing something with them and was wondering if it'd better to send them back and get the SE535 for $240 or get custom molds by InEarz with the SE530 drivers?

Jun 16, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #3,161 of 4,022
I have an old pair of SE530 lying around with a busted left side. At the time I decided not to buy the SE535 at the discounted rate and just opted to buy the SE215 to save some money. In retrospect that was a dumb choice but I was probably pissed that they and also my previous E500PTH had broken and they were now charging me money. But now I'm back to doing something with them and was wondering if it'd better to send them back and get the SE535 for $240 or get custom molds by InEarz with the SE530 drivers?

Probably you should send them back and get the SE535Ltd or SE846..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back