Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #1,681 of 4,022

Quote:
^ Yes, I think SE535 is worth the extra money over SE530. There may be very little to no improvement in sound quality, but there is a huge improvement in the ergonomics with the cable being much better and the shape of the earphone being more compact allowing for better fit.

I know about all cosmetic improvements, but, if am refered to recent comments from maverickronin or moseboy, concerning FR and all that technical charabia, do i keep my 530 or go for it, and take the 535 ? I don't want to regret my move in case i don't like this new signature... (am using UM56 with my 530) For me it is the sound quality more important over the cosmetic. Like i said earlier, i have to send back my 530 + 50. $ to get the new 535.

voilà!

I hope my english is enouh good to explain here all my confusion about this wonderfull world of  "conquest of the best IEM"

confused.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM Post #1,682 of 4,022

Quote:
^ Yes, I think SE535 is worth the extra money over SE530. There may be very little to no improvement in sound quality, but there is a huge improvement in the ergonomics with the cable being much better and the shape of the earphone being more compact allowing for better fit.

Maybe not a huge sound quality improvement (which is expected as they both share the same drivers), but I'd say the sound balance is improved. Specifically in the highs, I'm hearing things with the SE535 that I just didn't notice with the SE530. They were "there," just not nearly as noticeable. Granted, the downside to that is the SE535 can be much less forgiving.

Still, I'd agree that the SE535 is worth the extra money.

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #1,683 of 4,022

Quote:
I know about all cosmetic improvements, but, if am refered to recent comments from maverickronin or moseboy, concerning FR and all that technical charabia, do i keep my 530 or go for it, and take the 535 ? I don't want to regret my move in case i don't like this new signature... (am using UM56 with my 530) For me it is the sound quality more important over the cosmetic. Like i said earlier, i have to send back my 530 + 50. $ to get the new 535.  

Oh, the signature is the same. It's still the Shure sound, it's just more refined, so don't worry about that: I don't have any doubt that you will love the SE535.

The big question is if a UM56 designed to fit on the SE530 will fit on the SE535. THAT I have absolutely no clue....

Anyone?

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #1,684 of 4,022

Hi Moooseboy !

If you have red my post (en francais) I love my SE530 + UM56, I have a chance to Upgrade, to replace my 530 to the new 535.
At the cost of only 50. $ + return my 530. What about your personal experiences or difference in sound? Do you prefer 530 over the 535 ?
My kind music vary from: Jazz, vocal, folk, celt, r&b, electronica, soft/pop rock, trip-hop, new age, all appreciated with my 530/um56.
So, do i with 535 get the same or better feel, or atmosphere ?  
voila !  good post Mose  

cool.gif

Pierre

Quote:
Okay, first of all, if anyone is hearing sibilance with the SE535, I say fit issue. I heard sibilance too (which I didn't think was even possible with Shure's earphones) and it turned out that I had to go up one tip size from what I used with my SE530. Now I don't hear any sibilance at all, and everything sounds like it should. If you don't like the sound signature, that's another story. That's a personal preference thing and I can understand if the Shure sound isn't your cup of tea. But in my experience, peakiness and an unbalanced sound are far from what you should hear with the right fit.

Second of all, why are we thinking the SE535s are good for mixing? They're not, and they're not meant to be. Shure tuned them in a way that makes them really fun and easy to listen to. The result is that they are balanced, but not reference. Do not use these on a mixing board. In fact, I wouldn't trust any universal IEM on a mixing board. There are way too many variables that come into play. For mixing, if you are going to use an IEM, I personally say you have to go with a reference custom (and if I were to choose, I would go with the JH13 Pro *drool*). But again, don't use any of Shure's (current) earphones for a job they weren't meant to do, lest you get some very unsatisfactory results.

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #1,685 of 4,022

Quote:
je pense que ca vaut le coup oui pour 50$ tu te retrouveras avec une version un peu ameliore de tes 530, et comme le cable est detachable sur le nouveau model tu pourras les garder tres longtemps en changeant juste le cable dans un ou deux ans si besoin est... 
je pense que cest une bonne affaire que tu vas faire. 

Enfin, moi qui me croyais perdu ici ... le seul franco...lol
Merci, pour la rapide reponse chromatic !
Mais si je lis les posts de Mose ou de Maverick concernant les fr ou les differences de qualités audio... les 535 on-ils moins de bass ou un faiblesse quel que part ? Vais-je les apprécié davantage? Je me souviens d'avoir lu que membre préférait plutot les 530...
encore merci

A+ 

d(-_-)b

Pierre

Dec 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #1,686 of 4,022

Quote:
Quote:
In my experience with virtually every IEM I have ever owned or heard, siloce tri-flanged tips seem to create a bit more congested, in the head sense of feeling and a smaller soundstage.  I find complys/olives to show a more open and natural sound with a slightly larger soundstage.  Just my opinion.

While I think SE535 is a fine IEM I find the midrange a bit too forward for my tastes.

I don't think the mids are that forward, just not as recessed as other IEMs can be. The FR charts show a very flat response. YMMV.

Hi, what is your personal opinion about upgrading my 530 to 535 ?  have to send back to Shure my 530 + 50. $...to get it.
...regardless all the new fla-fla  (cosmetic) that  less important to me than the sound atmosphere i get with my 530 
I know that 530 are balanced and flat iem, but is 535 are more , less or same flatness? balanced,? FR ?
Am happy with the bass i get from the 530. but, if the 535 give me less... i'l keep my 530 !

voila !

d(-_-)b

Pierre

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #1,687 of 4,022

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe not a huge sound quality improvement (which is expected as they both share the same drivers), but I'd say the sound balance is improved. Specifically in the highs, I'm hearing things with the SE535 that I just didn't notice with the SE530. They were "there," just not nearly as noticeable. Granted, the downside to that is the SE535 can be much less forgiving.

Still, I'd agree that the SE535 is worth the extra money.

Can u elaborate more about that 535 downside ?
* My kind of music are: jazz, pop/soft-rock, alternative, folk, celt, electronica...
  Is 535 + my um56  will be ok to listen those music kind? if not, i'l keep my 530 then.
* Am taken care about what is writen on graph, am thrusting more my ears either!!!

regards

Pierre

rolleyes.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #1,688 of 4,022
@Skullbox, It is generally frowned upon to post four times in a row. It is better to just use the edit function

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #1,689 of 4,022
Ummm...I think you're mistaken, first off, sibilance is around 6-8kHz, not at 10kHz

Take a vocal chain AKG C12 > Neve 1073 > 1176 and sibilance will be around 5.5 male and 7 female, correct

When you replace the 1176  with a Tube Tech CL1B or Avalon 737sp the sibilance shifts higher. To 10k. Most tracking engineers in the pop world use the 737 compressor and love it for what it does to vocals etc...

Your correct that natural sibilance falls into that freq range but the aim when mixing sibilance is to still keep it apparent (not de ess it) yet shift it up to a more pleasurable listening frequency. Only certain top mix engineers realise this and the rest don't know that this is one of the reasons they love the avalon for tracking vocals so much.

Mate, I aint making bold assertions, theres always a reason behind everything I say.

Let me ask you a question, is there clear presence in vocals and other upper midrange instruments when you listen to your SE535's?

Listen to some Serban Mixes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serban_Ghenea if you need good references

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #1,690 of 4,022

Quote:
Quote:

Oh, the signature is the same. It's still the Shure sound, it's just more refined, so don't worry about that: I don't have any doubt that you will love the SE535.

The big question is if a UM56 designed to fit on the SE530 will fit on the SE535. THAT I have absolutely no clue....

Anyone?

Good! cause i have read alot pages in this tread, and some mention different comment about the sound difference. (more tremble/mid forward emphasis over other fr...) 
Drivers position differently, causing difference in the end.  Giving then a less warm atmosphere, less bass...?!
* What about "Granted, the downside to that is the SE535 can be much less forgiving"
* I think that the nozzle are the same, if not, i will make them a tour in the FREZZ for a will! lol

d(-_-)b

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #1,691 of 4,022
Oops...sorry about that then !

ksc75smile.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #1,692 of 4,022

Quote:
@Skullbox, It is generally frowned upon to post four times in a row. It is better to just use the edit function

Oh yeah! sorry,  how to do that edit function then ?

biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #1,693 of 4,022

No worries! The edit button is just at the bottom left of your previous post.
Quote:
Quote:

Oh yeah! sorry,  how to do that edit function then ?

biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #1,694 of 4,022

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In my experience with virtually every IEM I have ever owned or heard, siloce tri-flanged tips seem to create a bit more congested, in the head sense of feeling and a smaller soundstage.  I find complys/olives to show a more open and natural sound with a slightly larger soundstage.  Just my opinion.

While I think SE535 is a fine IEM I find the midrange a bit too forward for my tastes.

I don't think the mids are that forward, just not as recessed as other IEMs can be. The FR charts show a very flat response. YMMV.

Hi, what is your personal opinion about upgrading my 530 to 535 ?  have to send back to Shure my 530 + 50. $...to get it.
...regardless all the new fla-fla  (cosmetic) that  less important to me than the sound atmosphere i get with my 530 
I know that 530 are balanced and flat iem, but is 535 are more , less or same flatness? balanced,? FR ?
Am happy with the bass i get from the 530. but, if the 535 give me less... i'l keep my 530 !

voila !

d(-_-)b

Pierre

Bonjour Pierre:

For  me the improvements were worth it as I found the smaller sound stage and rolled off treble a bit too much for me. Thankfully both have been fixed on the SE535s. But they are not totally different sounding IEMs. The SE535s are still Shures with amazing mids and deep well defined bass and now with treble that is no longer rolled off and better sound staging. You will have to decide if that's worth it to you.

BTW, here's an awesome deal on the SE535s from a Canadian retailer here in the GTA (greater Toronto area) and I can definitely vouche for them too.

http://www.electronicsforless.ca/audio-3/earphones-headphones-38/shure-se535-cl-sound-isolating-in-ear-earphones-1835.html

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #1,695 of 4,022
I received my SE535s 2 weeks ago and have been switching back and forth between my TF10s with Null Audios Lune mod and my 535s. Since I listen to harder rock/metal for the drums I tend to like the TF10s for the more pronounced lows. With the mod the TF10s highs are much brighter, something I enjoy very much. BUT what I don't enjoy are the recessed mids. It's hard to notice the mids when Joey Jordison is ripping up the double bass drum kicks. This is where I prefer my 535s. I think when I listen to Clapton, SRV, or Cream I prefer my 535s. But when it comes down to Rush, The Who, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, and Disturbed I definitely prefer m TF10s. Just a personal preference. Maybe more time with them would change my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back