Shure SE535 replacement cable
May 22, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #61 of 95
All, I desperately what a new cable for my clear 535's.  I came very close to buying the Double Helix Silver-copper Symbiote SE Hybrid, but made the decision that I'm not waiting 8 weeks.  I'm willing to spend up to $400.  I would say that comfort is very important as I were them about 5 hours a day.  From all my research, I'm interest in silver cables.  If you have or could buy the best cables in the range, what would you buy?  

May 22, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #62 of 95
Hi all, My names Rich and i'm new to this forum.

I tried out that Baldur MK2 and 3 with my Shure 535 Red buds. It sounded tinnier and more weighted towards the high end then the stock cable. I settled on different cable. the 'Transwave 8, SPCOCC Oyaide'. The sticker at the bottom states 'Signal Audio' It seemed to give a wider range of tones to my ears whilst still sounding crisp. It was expensive though, around $1500HKD (£120/$190USD).

I'm by no means a audiophile but these cables hightened my enjoyment of the earphones. I run them through an AK100 with FLAC audio.

Bought in HK along with the earphones. Prior to the Shures I had Sennheiser IE80s but the bud snapped off during a flight :/

Many thanks
Rich

May 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #63 of 95
+1 for Chris_himself cables.  I got the silver occ with oyaide plug just over a week ago for my UE900's and i'm amazed at the clarity and detail. Tighter bass great mids and a crisp top end. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #64 of 95
Hi,

I just got my SE535's and I'm very happy with them, the only thing that's really annoying is that the cable is too long.
For my iPhone I was looking for a cable with remote and mic, are there any replacement cables that are shorter and have a remote + mic?

:)

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #65 of 95
Actually there is an official cable that is 1.2m (shorter than the 1.6m that come with the se535)

Good/bad point is no memory wire (i find it doesnt always stay behind the ears so well)
Its also quite a bit thinner than the stock cable, less bulky but a bit flimsy.

Its usually about $50 - for example

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SHURE-CBL-M-K-MOBILE-MUSIC-CABLE-SE315-SE425-SE535-/180584269460?pt=US_Computer_Headsets&hash=item2a0ba94694

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:17 PM Post #66 of 95
I used the SE535 primarily for Jazz and vocals, however, they were too lush and sluggish for EDM, Hip Hop, Trance. The CK10 has been my go-to IEM for these fast, high BPM genres and as such, the SE535 sat in my drawer unused for nearly a year. Thought about selling them, but decided to give them another try. I was somewhat skeptical about aftermarket cables, but after picking up a silver cable the SE535 sounds livelier especially in the mids and treble. The stock cable is grainy and veiled and wish Shure offered a silver cable upgrade.

Anyway, I'm hooked on silver now so looking for another option. I've had connector issues with the silver cable I purchased off eBay and the connector actually snapped off the pin on my driver. Shure's customer service was great and they sent a replacement driver. With the new driver, still having issues with the connector from the silver cable whether it's audio breaking out or the driver snaps off from the cable when squeezing the foamies for insertion. The cable is stiff, microphonic and the memory wire/tubing is overly thick. Other than that, the silver cable sounds amazing.

Interested to hear of vendors/products that have excellent build quality, braiding, Y-splitters, cable cinch, flexibility, strain relief, service, and SQ nuances with solid core vs. stranded wire, 24 vs. 26 AWG. Would like to keep budget under $100. Beyond that, it would be more feasible to build my own cables. Thanks.

Jul 2, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #67 of 95
Bump. Recently acquired 535s & love them, but looking to squeeze out last degree of performance for £100 GBP - if such a thing is possible. Dubious of silver in my home system but can see it may benefit these.

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:00 AM Post #69 of 95
I got a cable from http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320974108917
it looks and sounds great.it delivers better resolution.
you can contact the seller to custom different length ones for you, I guess.

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #70 of 95
  Yes,the original cable is too long,i bought one upgrade cable for my SE535.By replacing it,the sound improved a lot.I bought the cable here.http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Zephone-upgrade-line-Apollo-TF10-15-IE8-535-UM3X-UE900/831221_1115155270.html

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #71 of 95
hi,

im searching for an upgrade cable myself and came across this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pure-99-9999-6N-Silver-Headphones-upgrade-cable-for-Shure-SE-215-315-425-535-/221292916121?pt=US_Audio_Cables_Adapters&hash=item338615ed99

on paper it is suppose to be very good. with 6N Silver wire and 24K gold connector 
anyone owns this cable? maybe other products made by this seller?
im afraid that the build quality might not be good..as the picture doesnt put my mind a ease

i've owned the baldur mkII by sunricky and the left channel stop working after 6 month of use in the office. so im a little woried about this.

thanks.

Nov 19, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #72 of 95
I've tried a few of these 'upgrade' cables, and I don't believe any of them make an appreciably positive difference. It's all a bit of a scam designed to exploit audiophiles. Save your money! I recommend using Logitech's cross-compatible UE 900 cables for SE535s, as they have the most ergonomic and durable design.

Nov 19, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #73 of 95
Hearing is Subjective. As are opinions. in general this hobby is Based off of subjective reasoning more so than objective reasoning. i mean look at reviews just subjective reasoning BUT its what people use to gauge weather or not a iem or headphone, amp or dac or dap is good. so subjective reasoning even though no true hard data behind it. really doesnt mean anything becuase most people cant or wont be interested in reading data sheets, and data sheets dont exactly give you any impressions on how iem will sound. as much as people want people to use objective reasoning for their purchases or opinions. subjective reasoning win most of the time.

what 'upgrade' cables have you used?

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #74 of 95
I don't think every circumstance of source--cable--adaptor--earphone is the same. There are likely too many variables to generalize. It is best to name all of the particular items so that others can compare the exact situation. It may be the case that there is nothing left to eke-out in a particular case of source-to-earphone so that maybe a cable change won't necessarily make an audible difference.

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #75 of 95
  I don't think every circumstance of source--cable--adaptor--earphone is the same. There are likely too many variables to generalize. It is best to name all of the particular items so that others can compare the exact situation. It may be the case that there is nothing left to eke-out in a particular case of source-to-earphone so that maybe a cable change won't necessarily make an audible difference.

EXCELLENTLY SAID. 

And this i dont think is taken into consideration when people test IEM's they listen to a particular iem out of a ipod and then make a judgement on sound. but dont take into consideration other form factors like amps,cables,daps,dacs,interconnects ect.

i said it before and i will say it again. before i build a high end rig, my se535 and w4r DID NOT sound like they do with the Rig. NOW they sound phenomenal, before straight out of a ipod i could see where one might judge them for how they sound. now i know everyone cany afford a high end rig, but one shouldnt make a judgement when everything isnt being taken into consideration like the counter components of the rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back