Shure SE535 replacement cable
Jun 8, 2011 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 95

ejlif

New Head-Fier
I just received my replacements for my E500 since the cable was shot on it.  I was a little bummed to see that the cable is now just a single piece and very long.  I really liked how the E500 had a cable that you could hang a shuffle or nano right around your neck like a necklace and didn't have all that excess cable to deal with.  This is how I almost always used it.  Does anyone know if there is a short cable available that only goes just below the neck ?

Thanks, Ryan Stratton 

Jun 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #2 of 95
I feel the same way as you and would love to know also!

Jun 10, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #4 of 95
I called Shure and they said that is the only cable they offer.  If anyone knows of an aftermarket company that can make the short cable or even just cutting the stock cord off let me know.  I really don't like how long the cord is and feel like there is a lot more chance of damage with such a long cord.  I've gotten so used to having my nano hanging around my neck it's hard to go without now.  

Jun 11, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #5 of 95

Quote:
I called Shure and they said that is the only cable they offer.  If anyone knows of an aftermarket company that can make the short cable or even just cutting the stock cord off let me know.  I really don't like how long the cord is and feel like there is a lot more chance of damage with such a long cord.  I've gotten so used to having my nano hanging around my neck it's hard to go without now.  

I too will keep my eyes open. I thought for sure I saw something, before purchasing my 535's (maybe it was a dream) It is long, but it doesn;t bother me, but can see how if you're so used to wearing it short how that would be a problem

Jun 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 95
Bought a cable from ebay, they can do custom length at no charge (asked for .6m)

Company is Beat Audio, They have a few options of cables, though the one I got doesn't seem to be available ATM...(I got the PEARL V2)

http://shop.ebay.com/billybalala/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Should have it in a week or so hopefully, will post my impressions when it arrives!

Jun 22, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #7 of 95
you guys should just re-terminate the cord yourself. It's a pretty simple thing to do with a little bit of soldering  and im sure you could find guides and videos online to show you how. Your only cost is the price of the phone jack that you add to the cable and you can make the cable any length you want. I did this myself to use the new shure cables with their last generation accessories.

Jun 23, 2011 at 1:59 AM Post #8 of 95

Quote:
Bought a cable from ebay, they can do custom length at no charge (asked for .6m)

Company is Beat Audio, They have a few options of cables, though the one I got doesn't seem to be available ATM...(I got the PEARL V2)

http://shop.ebay.com/billybalala/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Should have it in a week or so hopefully, will post my impressions when it arrives!

Yeah PLease do Post, I was looking at those Pearls

Jun 23, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 95
I bought a pair of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FURUTECH-Shure-se535-se425-se315-upgrade-cable-/250830582776?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3a66aaf3f8#ht_4523wt_1141

Heard good things from other users. Will report back when they arrive. Still dubious based on the price.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #10 of 95

Quote:
I bought a pair of these.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FURUTECH-Shure-se535-se425-se315-upgrade-cable-/250830582776?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3a66aaf3f8#ht_4523wt_1141

Heard good things from other users. Will report back when they arrive. Still dubious based on the price.

I also own a pair of SE535, and that FURUTECH upgrade cable seems very interesting, especially for its price!
Did you receive yours then?
Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #11 of 95
Quote:
I also own a pair of SE535, and that FURUTECH upgrade cable seems very interesting, especially for its price!
Did you receive yours then?
Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

I wish to know the very same.

Dec 13, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #12 of 95
I bought the furutech upgrade cables for my se535s.  The original cable was too long and after 5 months of use, the static began.  So I bought these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Version-Furutech-Shure-upgrade-cable-SE535-SE425-SE315-SE215-Black-/250950921328?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3a6dd72c70

I've only used the upgrades for about a few days, but here are my thoughts so far:

Pros:

1.) 120cm length is perfect for iPod use
2.) main cable seems pretty sturdy

Cons:

1.) The cables are more susceptible to vibration noise, so gym use might be annoying.
2.) These cable to not lock as securely to the drivers as the original cables.  I'm not sure if this is the case with all furutech cables, but I notice a significant difference in how strongly the cables attach to the drivers - a little too easy to detach.

That being said, I hope these do not have the static problem my original cables went through. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 12:56 PM Post #14 of 95

Quote:
Did you notice any sound quality improvement with that cable?

The one thing i notice is that the highs sound brighter (not in a bad tinny way).  But when these cables hit anything, the vibration noise is much more noticeable in these Furutech cables.  Otherwise, not much difference in sound quality. I don't say that to degrade these cables though - I thought my SE535s sounded great before the static began. 

Dec 15, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #15 of 95
Just talk to Chris_Himself on here, he makes custom cables for a good price. I got him to make this one for me, exactly as I wanted it:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back