Shure SE535 replacement cable
Feb 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #46 of 95
Hi guys,
Been reading these forums forever, but finally signed up. Just picked up a pair of SE535 Red special editions and was wondering what you guys would suggest for an upgrade cable around $100. Was looking on ebay and came across Pearl V.2, Oyaide (red one looks sick) and baldur mkII (but a bit out of my price range). Some of the cheaper cables I saw were the furutech and the texas cable, anyone have any experience with them? I'm mostly looking for a cable to tighten up the bass and increase soundstage a bit

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #47 of 95
@smnfs

I'm tempted by the Echo series one. Works out about the same as the Baldur MKII/III incl. shipping, but looks like it's much better constructed. Did you just go for pure copper wires? I'm not convinced it makes any difference; what I'm most interested in is getting a cable that will last so I save money in the long run. But I keep an open mind...

How long have you had yours?

EDIT: @jay19, check this out: http://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/accessories/6528.html (Audio Cables - Fact & Fiction Revealed)

Feb 2, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #48 of 95
Quote:
Hi guys,
Been reading these forums forever, but finally signed up. Just picked up a pair of SE535 Red special editions and was wondering what you guys would suggest for an upgrade cable around $100. Was looking on ebay and came across Pearl V.2, Oyaide (red one looks sick) and baldur mkII (but a bit out of my price range). Some of the cheaper cables I saw were the furutech and the texas cable, anyone have any experience with them? I'm mostly looking for a cable to tighten up the bass and increase soundstage a bit

I bought the Furutech Cable for my Shure SE315, and I instantly noticed tighter bass upon first using them.

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #49 of 95
I am using the  MKIIs on the old bronze 535's and there is an incredible difference between this and stock.  I finally feel like Im truly getting my moneys worth, the sound 1000% better much warmer bass and punchier, can feel it in the heart, before the 535s were lacking in this dept., but most importantly the incredible sound stage and separation it creates, truly amazing (mids are pronounced making the spatial field of the stage immense, and even the highs and cymbals sound clearer, more realistic tone, enveloping.)  Listening now 2/22/74 Dead and it absolutely brings out the magic of the interplay of the band with incredible realism....Highly, highly, recommend these cables.  I ordered them from sunricky on ebay, payed an extrea 15GBP to get them to Colorado from Hong Kong in 4 days from ordering  Ord

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #50 of 95
Just picked up the UE900 cables from logitech, but been contemplating the MKIIs (theres MKIII now?). Couldnt stand the white cables on my 535ltds. Would you say their worth the extra $150 or so? Not sure if i can justify that after spending $500 on the IEMs. Thoughts?

Feb 9, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #51 of 95
I know the MKIIs have well known synergy with the shure 535's, not if you discussing cable for your shures or your ue900s'...in terms of the shures, yes!, worth $150 (assuming your not trying to put food on the table, if anything else, it can wait!)

Feb 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #52 of 95
Apparently this is "beyond" the Baldur MKII: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beyond-BALDUR-MK2-Nordost-silvering-ODIN-cable-SHURE-535-UE900-TF10-WESTONE-W4-/111007581716?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item19d8914614. Also, "the work can be described as a super solid." I'm not sure whether this is meant to be a claim about the build quality of the cable or a claim that it's made out of some exotic form of matter.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:22 AM Post #54 of 95
Quote:

@smnfs

+1 interested in PlusSound cables for SE535, but not clear about which material to choose... how is yours?

I chose the silver wire and I can't complain about the sound, sounds quite good...

BUT one important point is definitely those ear guides,
they're too thick for my ear and it hurts after a certain amount of time wearing them.
So please guys dont mix an upper sleeving and earguides together -> either no sleeving or no guides :wink:

Mar 5, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #55 of 95
Hi,

I have been using the bronze 535's and then moved to the limited edition reds which i lika a lot more. 

Recently i got the mk2 baldur cables for the 535 reds and initial listening impressions were not that great contrary to all the great reviews by everyone.. 

The mids are definately more relaxed after the cables, the soundstage is bigger and theres a better sparkle to the sound.. 

What I lost with the cables is the attack and authority of the red cables and the smooth high's.. The high's are almost too shrill with the addition of the baldur cables and i actually got fatigue quite soon after listening to them.. I dont know if anyone else has had this experience.. 

Mar 5, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #56 of 95
Quote:
Hi,

I have been using the bronze 535's and then moved to the limited edition reds which i lika a lot more. 

Recently i got the mk2 baldur cables for the 535 reds and initial listening impressions were not that great contrary to all the great reviews by everyone.. 

The mids are definately more relaxed after the cables, the soundstage is bigger and theres a better sparkle to the sound.. 

What I lost with the cables is the attack and authority of the red cables and the smooth high's.. The high's are almost too shrill with the addition of the baldur cables and i actually got fatigue quite soon after listening to them.. I dont know if anyone else has had this experience.. 

when i compared the dream cable to the baldur mk2 i found what you are finding, i read to many reviews about the mk2 and and  decided to try it out myself. i did feel like the cable added a layer of dynamics to the sound of the se535 bronze and reds. but i never could rellay ''fall in love'' with the baldur not like i did with the dream cable

the dream cable really blew the baldur mk2 out of the water. but the pure silver doesnt add any dynamic style signature but even more detail and even more analytical presence to the iems.

i also feel like any cable you use is going to lack in sound without presence of a amplifier, i was a ibasso warbler p4, the dream cable and the 535 reds and the sound was pure bliss.....the cable sounded great without the amp, but the amp added layers and layers of detail and presence that without the amp just were not there. so thats something to think about too....

i really feel like aftermarket cables really shine amped, unamped it seems like their ability to completely change the sound of the iems are limited.

now i just got my se530 back from BTGAUDIO and had him do the removeable cable mod. i picked up a spc occ cable for them, and noticed that the occ copper seems to add the dynamics to the mids and lows like the baldur mk2 while also incorperating the brighter sound of the dream with the silver plating.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #57 of 95
So i've been using my UE900 black stock cable on my 535LTD reds for some time now, and WOW, for such a cheap cable they actually made a big difference. Bass feels tigher, and sound stage increased by quite a bit. Definitely recommended for a cheap replacement!

Mar 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #58 of 95
Quote:
So i've been using my UE900 black stock cable on my 535LTD reds for some time now, and WOW, for such a cheap cable they actually made a big difference. Bass feels tigher, and sound stage increased by quite a bit. Definitely recommended for a cheap replacement!

Agreed.  Got the blue replacement cable for my 215's and the sound stage does seem to have widened.  Plus the fit is much better now that the cable is not so ridiculously heavy.  I can appreciated the durability of the stock Shure cables but given they are replaceable I like the Logitech much better.  And the price is a steal.

Mar 6, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #60 of 95
Quote:
Just wish to take this off at a slight tangent, will the inline remote cable for the se535 degrade the sound quality of the special edition se535, if i use it?

Can't speak to the 535's but I got both the black cable with no inline remote and the blue cable with it because I wanted a backup and got free shipping when ordering both.  I notice no difference in sound quality with my 215's switching between cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back