Shure SE535 Impressions
Jan 26, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #61 of 70
Got mine yesterday. I have to say I wasn't impressed at all out of the box but after about 25 hours of burn-in they are starting to sound very good. I'm not really sure if it is the burn-in or me just getting use to the sound signature of these great IEM's but I'm starting to love them.

I had similar experience with my ATH-ES10, I pretty much thought that they were crap out of the box.. difference was they probably needed about 100h before they started sounding good.

I spent some time trying out some of the different foam pieces etc. Was initially a little bit nervous about changing them after reading about some users here had broken the nozzle while trying to remove them. I found that the technique mentioned by some member in here where you use your nail to loosen up at first then twisting and angling the foam tip a little bit while pulling worked really well.

My impression of the different ear pieces where that the white rubber ones had best seal but felt really uncomfortable. The yellow foam ones were the most comfortable but they didn't give as good of a seal as the black foam ones. Haven't really tried the rubber olive shaped ones yet, they look like just standard ones that come with any cheaper type in-ear headphones. So I ended up sticking with the black foam ones that were already on out of the box (size 2).. *sigh* :wink:. Best combo between good seal and comfort, for me at least.

Has anyone used the SE535 with a iBasso D10 amp? I'm not really sure which opamps I have in mine atm but I didn't really like the combo. I was hoping to get some tips for a opamp that's good with the SE535's.. Anyone?

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #62 of 70
Wow, just tried the gray "olive" shaped sleeves and they are by far the best sound wise.. I get what I feel to be a 100% seal with these baby's. getting a fuller bass than with the black foam sleeves. I feel a little bit stupid for not giving them a chance from the beginning now. But in my defense the sleeves are a bit tricky to take off :). So the gray olive ones are definitely my new favorite sleeves, and now I have tried all of them :). Has anyone experimented with not pushing the sleeve all the way back on the nozzle to get the sleeve placed further in your ear canal and that way getting a tighter and better fit?

Apr 5, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #63 of 70

Quote:
Wow, just tried the gray "olive" shaped sleeves and they are by far the best sound wise. Has anyone experimented with not pushing the sleeve all the way back on the nozzle to get the sleeve placed further in your ear canal and that way getting a tighter and better fit?

The user guide warns against not installing the sleeves correctly else they could remain deeply seated in the ear when you withdraw the IEM. Sounds like a hassle to extract a deeply seated sleeve.

Apr 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #64 of 70

Quote:
For what it is worth, I had fit issues where housing was rubbing my ears canal the first few days until I realized they need to be orientated in your ears so the cable are projecting almost forward (not upwards) before going behind your ears.  That fixed the fit for me.

I fullly agree with you Spyro .It makes a BIG difference.

BTW, I'm always so much surprised that "so called" reviewers are talking about "soundstage" using IEM's. Lunatics if you would asking me.

May 26, 2012 at 6:08 AM Post #65 of 70
is the se535 worth it if i am going to use it with my iphone 4 without a amp and listen to 320 kbps vbr?

May 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #67 of 70
Quote:

Nothing like a simple and concise answer. 
wink.gif

May 26, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #68 of 70
Quote:

Has anyone used the SE535 with a iBasso D10 amp? I'm not really sure which opamps I have in mine atm but I didn't really like the combo. I was hoping to get some tips for a opamp that's good with the SE535's.. Anyone?

havent tried the ibasso d10 with the se535 but i did buy a ibasso p4 warbler for my se535-ltd-j and i upgraded to the lme49990 opamp andi must say in short, this opamp is mind blowing. i would recomend it highly.

Jan 10, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #70 of 70
What's the best route for getting custom molds?  I use and like the yellow foam but I am sure custom would give me even better fit and better isolation.

Can I just go to my neighborhood audiologist and tell him something simple??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back