Shure SE535 Impressions
Dec 25, 2010 at 11:14 AM Post #46 of 70
I have a broken IE8, can compare the Shure 530 once I get it. I´ve done some A-B tests against a Shure 420 once though. Shure had more clarity and detail, while IE8 had larger soundstage and more bass. Hard to say which one I prefered.

Dec 29, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #47 of 70
@vrln: Wow really? Didn't know that. But that's cool, thanks for clearning that up; of course I didn't know for sure but it made sense to me you know? But yea man, when you send them in I hope you get the 535s, and the clear ones at that lol; they really are a beautiful IEM.

Jan 1, 2011 at 2:37 AM Post #48 of 70
Does anyone have a source component recommendation for the SE535's?

I really love the new SE535's but I am listening using my Droid X with PowerAmp..

I would like a dedicated source to listen to music... it would be great if it was portable..

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #49 of 70
I recently got the RSA Predator amp; so far its got about 150 hours of burn in on it.  I've been listening to my SE535s on it and they have never sounded as good as they do with the Predator.  Previously I was using my iPod touch with the iBasso T3D which sounds quite good, and is very tiny to boot, but lately the Predator has been really opening up and sounding pretty phenomenal.  Very tight punchy bass with beautiful mids and very large soundstage.  I think the Predator and the SE535's go very well together as I'm getting great results thus far and from what I've read with the long burn in times on the predator I'm only beginning to scratch the surface.

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #53 of 70
Hi, I just upgraded from my 530 to the 535 and for some reason I can not feel the same good sound I was used to have before with my 530's....I am using the same sleeves from before but still there is something wrong....I am not sure if it is the new shape they have (more squared), or if it is because the cable swings next to the bud or what..... but I would like to know is there are other members who feel the same after the upgrade...

thanks

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #54 of 70
I for one felt the SE535 was a sizeable upgrade over the SE530. More sparkle in the highs, slightly wider soundstage and less prominent (though still very forward) mids.

Quote:
Hi, I just upgraded from my 530 to the 535 and for some reason I can not feel the same good sound I was used to have before with my 530's....I am using the same sleeves from before but still there is something wrong....I am not sure if it is the new shape they have (more squared), or if it is because the cable swings next to the bud or what..... but I would like to know is there are other members who feel the same after the upgrade...

thanks

Jul 15, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #55 of 70

Quote:

thanks

I for one feel strongly that although Shure uses the same drivers, there was an immediate improvement in sound when I first put the 535's on. We had owned the earlier 500's and 5c's. When I first put the 535's on I Immediately noticed the highs,, then the added bass punch, and the mids were still mind melting. Although as mentioned above maybe not as prominent as the 530's (probably due to the added highs and improved bass) I used the same tips, Always triple flange too. Soundstage was also improved. I felt a need to go through my entire collection to see what I had been missing. Do you possible have a fit issue. I know the Memory wire and cable is a bit stiff at first, but give them a little more time before you make any decisions

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #56 of 70
Received these today. Only about 45 mins use.

Not bad at all, good job I have the Klipsch tips or it would have been medium silicones only out of the tips supplied, foam/squidgy and me do not mix, cannot for the life of get a seal.
Oh and while on about tips, for £300 you should be able to get the tips off as supplied easier than that, epic fail.

Anyways, what a very very nice set of iems. James Blunt/Bedlam unplugged sounds excellent. The soundstage is quite outstanding. Easily for me up there with the IE8`s on that mark.
Bass? Will have to let my brain get used to this "when needed" thingymeajig. It is there, very much soo but for the first time I am really hearing I suppose how bass should be portrayed. Slapping "Breathe" on from the Prodigy shows you how these are not bass shy.

Well, well. My first ever pair of armature iems, 3 of them at that.
Ahh another thing of note is these are also the most sensitive iems in my collection also. I had set my P3 to zero gain from +10. 8 o`clock was loud enough at that setting.

I know these are not anywhere near as good as the Beats from Dr Dre but blimey they certainly are not far off.
Am I shure? After this weekend I imagine very much so.
Nice.

Edit: Maybe my brain but the highs have tamed a bit even after just over an hour and now the bass is definitely there. Reign ft Ian Brown - Way out West mix is pretty decent.

This is for all iem`s. Get yourself a copy of Joanna Newsom - The Book Is Right On. One of my test tracks, sounds top class across the board on my iems. It is simple, thats why I have it as a test track. This will tell you how your sound/head stage is.

Aug 12, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #57 of 70
Interesting impressions.  Can you advise what particular areas the Dr Dre's beat the SE535's?  That would help many potential buyers.

(the cutting out of sound with sweat has already been mentioned.)

Aug 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #58 of 70
Sorry mate, call it tongue in cheek / sarcasm. People across the net love them.

Day 2....  Very nice indeed. Don`t know how to explain but it is like watching 3dtv but in your head. Spacious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back