Shure SE535 Impressions
Dec 12, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #31 of 70

Quote:
SE530/535, when fitted properly sound just about prefect for my tastes and I am the kind person who is after a completely balanced sound which is airy, musical, smooth, revealing and natural all at the same time and the only headphone I've heard thus far that successfully combines all of these qualities is the Shure SE530. To my ears a properly fitted SE530 sounds just natural - the best thing apart from actually being there in the studio or concert and hearing the music live. If you hear it as mid centric or bass light or whatever, chances are that you are not getting a good fit. Even it feels comfortable and seals well, that doesn't mean that the fit is right.

Hi, is the new 535 have the same or very similar Balanced sound, airy, musical, smooth... as the 530 ?
Have to make a decision soon, return my 530, or keep it!
Yourself, what you preference bethem?

:wink:

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #32 of 70

Hi, is the new 535 have the same or very similar Balanced sound, airy, musical, smooth... as the 530 ?
Have to make a decision soon, return my 530, or keep it!
Yourself, what you preference bethem?

:wink:

If you already have the 530s, I don't think it is worth it to go and buy the new one; on the other hand if youre taking e 530s back or getting a large amount f money for them, the build quality of the 535s is unmatched as far as I know.

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #33 of 70
i like the sound signature of the 530...warm forward and thumping.
felt the remarks that the top is a little roll off to be true.
At the moment i own a Monster Turbine GOLD...got one at a really good price..
the sound signature is similar to the 530 but with better clarity goodbass and clear highs.
Its like a 530 which has gone thru an oil-change..and tuned up :)
( best part is i dun have to fork out a princely sum for the 535 )

ps : getting a good fit with the monster is definitely the do-or-die step..but definitely worth the trouble.
beerchug.gif

Dec 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM Post #34 of 70
I am aiming at getting the Monster Turbine Copper. I have the regular Monsters and they sound really good. The shure headphones, none of them have sounded good to me.

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #35 of 70

i like the sound signature of the 530...warm forward and thumping.

felt the remarks that the top is a little roll off to be true.

At the moment i own a Monster Turbine GOLD...got one at a really good price..

the sound signature is similar to the 530 but with better clarity goodbass and clear highs.

Its like a 530 which has gone thru an oil-change..and tuned up :)

( best part is i dun have to fork out a princely sum for the 535 )

ps : getting a good fit with the monster is definitely the do-or-die step..but definitely worth the trouble.

beerchug.gif

Interesting; so I'm guessing you like the Golds better? How much better would you rate them as? Is it just certain parts you like more, a better sound signature, or some combination of the two?

Don't mean to bother you, just looking for more input. :)

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #36 of 70
i am speaking from memory..sold the 530 a few months back..missed it definitely.
when i got the gold recently, first hearing was WOW..THIS IS IT!
Similar bass, mids....highs are like 20% better...clearer...
its as if the monster tidied up what the folks at shure should have done on the 530..
anyway, they have put out the 535... i havent heard this new iem yet.
At the moment, i am well served.

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #37 of 70
Does anyone know if Shure offers to replace any currently broken 530´s with a 535? Maybe the 530 are no longer under production so they´ll have to give out the new ones :xf_eek: (wishful thinking!)

I just had to go for the Shure 530 when I saw it for sale today for 229 euros. Quite a nice price eh :) I used to have Sennheiser IE8´s, but first the cat bit the cord in two, and once I got that fixed I forgot them in my loundry once. Let´s just say that the washing machine didn´t leave a very good mark on the sound... The new Shure´s have a two year warranty, so I´m banking on the fact that they´ll probably break (I will wear them the way that should destroy the cord), heh.

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #38 of 70

Quote:
Does anyone know if Shure offers to replace any currently broken 530´s with a 535? Maybe the 530 are no longer under production so they´ll have to give out the new ones :xf_eek: (wishful thinking!)

I just had to go for the Shure 530 when I saw it for sale today for 229 euros. Quite a nice price eh :) I used to have Sennheiser IE8´s, but first the cat bit the cord in two, and once I got that fixed I forgot them in my loundry once. Let´s just say that the washing machine didn´t leave a very good mark on the sound... The new Shure´s have a two year warranty, so I´m banking on the fact that they´ll probably break (I will wear them the way that should destroy the cord), heh.

Just because they arent in production anymore doesn't mean they won't fix the old ones. I'm sure they aren't going to just start giving new ones out for broken old ones.....

But hell, I hope they do it for you :)

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #39 of 70
I must make a decision right now. I have the chance of getting a brand new pair of Shure SE530PTH for 300$ or the new model SE535s for 575$, in both cases from an authorized european dealer (I live in Europe). I have ordered the 530s but i have a week to cancel the order thus my question would be if the sound difference between both models is worth almost 300 bucks ? I don't mind about the build quality and cable issues since i do have a full 2 year warranty so had i any trouble down the road i'm almost sure that i would get a replacement (possibly the 535s). Please help me out :wink:
Merry Xmas

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #40 of 70

Quote:
Quote:

Just because they arent in production anymore doesn't mean they won't fix the old ones. I'm sure they aren't going to just start giving new ones out for broken old ones.....

But hell, I hope they do it for you :)

As far as I know Shure don´t really do repairs at all in the literal sense, they just give out a new one if the old one is broken. Production costs on IEM´s are low anyway, not economical to repair I would guess. Since the old ones aren´t made anymore, it´s actually quite common that one ends up with an updated model. Sennheiser at least sure doesn´t repair any IEM´s here in the EU, they just give out newly packaged ones (had experience on this with my previous IE8) during warranty "repairs".

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #41 of 70

Quote:
I must make a decision right now. I have the chance of getting a brand new pair of Shure SE530PTH for 300$ or the new model SE535s for 575$, in both cases from an authorized european dealer (I live in Europe). I have ordered the 530s but i have a week to cancel the order thus my question would be if the sound difference between both models is worth almost 300 bucks ? I don't mind about the build quality and cable issues since i do have a full 2 year warranty so had i any trouble down the road i'm almost sure that i would get a replacement (possibly the 535s). Please help me out :wink:
Merry Xmas

Some say there are no sound differences (they spec the same), others say there are slight ones. Definately nothing close to the almost 300 dollar price difference. Especially with the 2 year warranty, I´d definately go for the SE530PTH. Far better value :) I´m actually in the same situation as you... Should get the 530´s next week.

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #42 of 70
well actually i must thank you since i did a google search for the SE530s after reading your post and location. A few weeks back i did the same but their price tag was the regular one all around Europe. But yesterday night while i was doing my customary research for a new pair of IEMs i stumbled across your post and voilá i found the deal. It's in www.pixmania.com by the way.

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #43 of 70
No problem, didn´t know others were interested in it too. I think there should be a separate EU deals thread, since most stuff posted in the main deals thread is US only (customs etc etc). Maybe I´ll start one :)

edit: deals thread made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back