Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Sep 16, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #3,946 of 6,068
Anyone experienced popping/hissing noise when listening to DSD files (.dsf) via Sony NW-WM1A or Shanlins M0 players? If listened to the players with Shure SE846 everything sounds good. I’ve asked this in the Sony NE-WM1A thread but no one experienced the issue. I just wondered if my KSE1200 if defective.

haven't experienced that on my 1Z.
However the WM1 SE output doesn't play DSD natively, it's converted to PCM. There are some options in the menu that allows you to tweak the conversion iirc. You might want to give that a try.

Sep 22, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #3,947 of 6,068
Anyone experienced popping/hissing noise when listening to DSD files (.dsf) via Sony NW-WM1A or Shanlins M0 players? If listened to the players with Shure SE846 everything sounds good. I’ve asked this in the Sony NE-WM1A thread but no one experienced the issue. I just wondered if my KSE1200 if defective.
That's an issue with how WM1Z or WM1A plays DSD. And there is a solution. Just go to sound settings (swipe down) and use dynamic normalization. It will make DSD louder and you wont find any more hissing on DSD tracks.

Sep 22, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #3,948 of 6,068
That's an issue with how WM1Z or WM1A plays DSD. And there is a solution. Just go to sound settings (swipe down) and use dynamic normalization. It will make DSD louder and you wont find any more hissing on DSD tracks.
Ok thank you for the suggestion. I’ll give that a try.

Sep 23, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #3,949 of 6,068
Should I leave my KSE 1500 constantly plugged into the USB? I'm using it at desktop only and never take it away from my PC. Does it have any harmful effects to its battery?

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:28 PM Post #3,950 of 6,068
I don't know that it matters much in terms of battery. I know that it sometimes buzzes when I try to play music line-in and charge.

I still haven't gotten a regular USB to micro cable to sound decent. It always stutters uncontrollably.

Sep 24, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #3,951 of 6,068
Should I leave my KSE 1500 constantly plugged into the USB? I'm using it at desktop only and never take it away from my PC. Does it have any harmful effects to its battery?

I don't know that it matters much in terms of battery. I know that it sometimes buzzes when I try to play music line-in and charge.
I still haven't gotten a regular USB to micro cable to sound decent. It always stutters uncontrollably.

Yep, KSE may buzz when plugged into USB. It isn't isolated properly electrically, it should play best from the battery. It shouldn't stutter, though... It doesn't, even when connected to the crappy iPhone, leave alone a proper notebook. Then about the battery. New generation batteries shouldn't suffer much from being constantly plugged in.

Sep 24, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #3,952 of 6,068

Do you use a MacBook Pro to feed the usb ? there is a known bug in current iOS when using the MacBook Pro with the Kse 1500 that produces stuttering
Jrf

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #3,954 of 6,068
Hi
Has anyone had the KSE1200 amp fail?
I received my KSE1200 yesterday and charged it until the light turned green. It sounded fantastic and very pleased with it.
I listened more today and even more impressed. I charged again until light turned green.
When I came to turn it on again now, nothing - no lights, nada - just a dead amp!!!
Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and if there's any solution before I return it.
Cheers
Paul

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #3,955 of 6,068
Hi
Has anyone had the KSE1200 amp fail?
I received my KSE1200 yesterday and charged it until the light turned green. It sounded fantastic and very pleased with it.
I listened more today and even more impressed. I charged again until light turned green.
When I came to turn it on again now, nothing - no lights, nada - just a dead amp!!!
Just wondered if this has happened to anyone else and if there's any solution before I return it.
Cheers
Paul

My 1500 has a lock button under the power button. Any chance you accidentally have locked it. On the 1500 if you try and switch it on when locked it comes up with a hold enabled message on the screen but on the 1200 without a screen it might go unnoticed.

Oct 5, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #3,956 of 6,068
My 1500 has a lock button under the power button. Any chance you accidentally have locked it. On the 1500 if you try and switch it on when locked it comes up with a hold enabled message on the screen but on the 1200 without a screen it might go unnoticed.
Unfortunately there's no lock button - just a PAD button (0dB or -10dB). But there's no lights when I turn it on (either Power LED nor Input Level LED).
Thanks for the suggestion.

Oct 5, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #3,959 of 6,068
Nothing happens on the charger now - no lights at all.
If only it was something easy :triportsad:
On closer inspection I noticed a tiny hole on the bottom of the amp. It reminded me of a reset button!!
Inserted a small pin - and bingo - my amp came back to life :). There's obviously a trip switch to protect the batteries I guess.
No mention of this in the manual though.
Hope this helps someone else in the same situation.
Cheers
Paul

Oct 5, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #3,960 of 6,068
Very cool. Good to know. Glad you are back up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back