Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Aug 31, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #4,606 of 6,068
Can someone elaborate on signal led light or what outputs strength you use for 1200?

Tried to connect with AK DAPs with line-out set at 0.7V and 1V. I heard distortion at 1V and cannot really see difference in led light between "proper" amber and red one for distrorted. Looks like margin between optimal signal and too-high one is really small.

Aug 31, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #4,607 of 6,068
Can someone elaborate on signal led light or what outputs strength you use for 1200?

Tried to connect with AK DAPs with line-out set at 0.7V and 1V. I heard distortion at 1V and cannot really see difference in led light between "proper" amber and red one for distrorted. Looks like margin between optimal signal and too-high one is really small.
Red is depending on track recording.
Some distort and some doesnt at red led.
Some distort at even amber.
Green is widest range.
Light off found when signal is too small moment during a track. It's normal.
If quite seeing light off, turn up volume on AK.
0.7V is BIGGG enough (input pad =0 on kse) for not getting distort.

Sep 1, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #4,608 of 6,068
Thanks

Sep 8, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #4,610 of 6,068
Hello everybody,

Did someone find a good case or pouch for the KSE1200 (other than the Shure case for the KSE1500 case) ?
I'm storing the KSE1200 in a Dignis Arca case http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/product/arca-earphone-case/172/ but I would like to have a case when I use it.
Thanks for your help.

Dignis has a DAP pouch (http://m.dignis.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=128&cate_no=85&display_group=1) that might work. Too bad they don’t offer their KSE1500 case in a smaller size.

Sep 8, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #4,611 of 6,068
Hello everybody,

Did someone find a good case or pouch for the KSE1200 (other than the Shure case for the KSE1500 case) ?
I'm storing the KSE1200 in a Dignis Arca case http://shop2.dignis.cafe24.com/product/arca-earphone-case/172/ but I would like to have a case when I use it.
Thanks for your help.
I have been looking for cases that are ideal for the Chord Mojo and KSE1200 but have not found anything. Shure simply reused the SHA900 case for the KSE1500 and never made a version for the KSE1200. However, they make many branded accessory cases and pouches that you may like:
https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/accessories?filter[accessory_categories]=storage_and_transport

Sep 9, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #4,612 of 6,068
Just listened to a new piece of music, Bizet's Symphony in C. I don't often consciously listen to new music (I should!), but as I did so - the recording was in good sound - I was yet again pleasantly surprised at how extraordinarily transparent KSE1500 is. I feel like I have seen through the depth of the recording and understand it through and through. An LCD-4 might be more resplendent, an HD800 more broad, an HE-1 more ultimately definitive, but KSE1500/1200, certainly paired with the Modi Multibit that it requires to achieve what one could call "minimal excellence" — never mind the increases one would see from Bifrost 1 or 2 - continues to scream high end value.

18 months in, consider me incredibly satisfied with the purchase.

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #4,615 of 6,068
Are none of you concerned by the not replaceable cable for an IEM this expensive?

I believe it's something that's accepted for the fact of the KSE being an electrostat. I'd also expect Shure to put a tremendous effort into its reinforcement because of the voltage going through.

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #4,616 of 6,068
I believe it's something that's accepted for the fact of the KSE being an electrostat. I'd also expect Shure to put a tremendous effort into its reinforcement because of the voltage going through.
I'd be really worried about that. It's the only thing that puts me off

Sep 9, 2019 at 4:41 PM Post #4,617 of 6,068
With that kind of price you just don’t toss them around like the stock iphone earbuds.

Separate energizer unit and thick cable also helps: these are not you easily put in a pocket for later listening, they need storage space. Thus you don’t put it in your ears on a moment’s notice: there’s always preparation before and after.

This being said, you just don’t have anything left to somehow break these. Any failure would not come from a cable: my brick died after 8(?) months and was replaced by shure but that’s clearly a single malfunction.

Sep 9, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #4,618 of 6,068
I got 3 units. First two were malfunction with charge. No charge at all after some time.third all good

Sep 9, 2019 at 6:44 PM Post #4,619 of 6,068
Out of curiosity, who uses their KSE1500 or KSE1200 daily and has logged a lot of hours of use? I would be interested to get some perspective on reliability and wear and tear issues.

Sep 9, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #4,620 of 6,068
I use my KSE1200 just about daily, and have had it 3-4 months. The cables and earpiece connect feel solid; they're like day one. I don't have as much confidence with the plastic earpieces. They feel fragile to me (my biggest gripe about these IEMs). Nothing has cracked or anything, but then I've only had these a few months. On my SE846, which have a similar earpiece build, the back seam on both earpieces started cracking at the 3 year mark. That's my fear with these so I'm being extra careful. When looking closely, I can see micro scratches on the plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back