Shure E500 v. Ultimate Ears UE-10
Jan 26, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #272 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by ether
hum.... i am thinking of getting a pair of E5c...
should i just pull the trigger? or i should hold out until May?

Judging from the preliminary impressions, I'll say wait.

Jan 26, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #274 of 607
Well I was all bent on getting a UE-10 but now this thread got me all curious about the E500....lol, decisions. If UE releases a new custom earphone anytime soon, that's going to be a tough decision too....

Jan 26, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #276 of 607
Quote:

lol thx guys
May.... it's a long wait
hum... i the mean time, i'll "try" to stick with my EX81 for as long as i can..

Good things come to those who wait...
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #277 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
Good things come to those who wait...
wink.gif

Definately seconded.

I am also very curious to see what UE's response to the E500 will be. UE-12?

Jan 26, 2006 at 2:52 PM Post #278 of 607
If UE is boiling something, I would be surprise if the objective is to counter the sq of Shure's E500. But if that's the case, it would be a new model that won't be custom.

If custom, UE10's better brother, I would be scared to know what price they would come to decide on.

If the initial impressions from the meet would come to be true to our ears months from now, UE would have to come up with a budget universal pair that's less strain on the pockets. That is if they care about their iem sales. But like one poster here mentioned, they have other market considerations and iem's may not be big in their hindsight.

Jan 26, 2006 at 3:31 PM Post #279 of 607
[size=small]My question is when the second generation of high end IEMs comes out how will these companies treat them old customers. Will they offer discount to upgrade to there new line. Personally if any of the three companies, Westone, Sens., or UE offered some kind of discount on the upgrade, I be compelled to go with there line of IEMs. Being that I truly enjoy having custom IEMs and will want to upgrade but get in under a discount as a loyal patron of there products.[/size]

Jan 26, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #280 of 607
Quote:

hum.... i am thinking of getting a pair of E5c...
should i just pull the trigger? or i should hold out until May?

I've got a brand-new set that I'll sell on the cheap!
tongue.gif

(really)

Jan 27, 2006 at 1:55 PM Post #281 of 607
Ok,
It took me a while to chime in on this thread because I didn’t actually hear the new Shure E500 and I have not owned (so of course have not experienced) the UE-10 Pro’s.

I currently own the Shure E5C and have been very happy with them, I use the Custom EQ to boost the highs up a bit and find them to be very pleasing.

I can say that I truly look forward to see if the E500 lives up to the great press that it has gotten from the folks here that have been lucky enough to audition them (I truly envy you guys :) ).

I remember posting a message saying that I didn’t buy into the idea that IEM’s had to be custom molded to sound their best (Document Here: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...1&postcount=89) and being shot down immediately.

So,
The bottom line for me is that I have put aside a grand ($1K USD) and if the E500 sound as good or even better then the UE-10 Pro for half the money, I will buy them, if the UE-10 Pro still gets the nod from the folks hear that we trust (the un-biased and not defending something just because a lot of money was invested folks), then I will buy the UE-10 Pro (Even though, I really don’t want custom IEM’s because I don’t want to go through any re-fit issues).

Feb 5, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #282 of 607
I really think Shure should move the position of the microphone onto the earpieces itself. I run the cables of my IEMs inside my clothing and with the mic on the cable, it'll be muffled. Plus I really don't feel like dangling that giant piece of plastic infront of me for all to see.

Feb 5, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #283 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
[size=small]My question is when the second generation of high end IEMs comes out how will these companies treat them old customers. Will they offer discount to upgrade to there new line. Personally if any of the three companies, Westone, Sens., or UE offered some kind of discount on the upgrade, I be compelled to go with there line of IEMs. Being that I truly enjoy having custom IEMs and will want to upgrade but get in under a discount as a loyal patron of there products.[/size]

But think, if they did let return customers upgrade for a discount, the saying "welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet" wouldnt hold as much water. It would be more like, "Welcome to Head-fi, sorta sorry about your wallet for your first purchase..."

Feb 5, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #284 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany

Futuresonics offers just such a plan, although...it does cost 150 bucks.
TAKEN FROM THEIR OFFICIAL SITE:

Service and Maintenance: Future Sonics offers a complete reconditioning and upgrade (depending on age, condition and other variables of the Ear Monitors(R) brand personal monitors) to restore them, by hand, to "better than new" condition. $150.00/pr..
Basically what they're saying is, if you pay an initial extra 150, you can "trade up" later. It seems like a lot o' money but, their new IEMs might cost more than 150 bucks above their current model. You just might save a few dollars but...it's a gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back