Shure E500 v. Ultimate Ears UE-10
Jan 25, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #256 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
again you read way too much into things. Actually I put it in those terms because eating cereal and trying different cereals is something I do. So more that I was dumbing it down for myself. Or putting in terms of something I can understand or feel comfortible talking about.

Again I state, don't color what isn't colored. I happen to be a cereal fanantic.
icon10.gif

So in other words you have nothing to add to this thread rather than being a 3rd party nay-sayer, tooting your own horn to yourself.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

Jan 25, 2006 at 10:33 PM Post #258 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by nothingman
Any chance my new BitHead will be strong enough to drive the E500? I think one post said they're rated 32 Ohms - does anybody have experience with that impedence/amp combination?

Thanks!

Strong enough? Yes.

Good enough? Don't know.

The E500's are very efficient.

-Ed

Jan 25, 2006 at 10:36 PM Post #259 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
So in other words you have nothing to add to this thread rather than being a 3rd party nay-sayer, tooting your own horn to yourself.
rolleyes.gif

-Ed

well you have nothing to add but defend your friends and take the axl to me. You think I am going away.

3rd party nay-sayer, so I wouldn't say that. I am interested in the E500 and guessing I will get a pair. Just don't think there are totally better then UE-10s. And you aren't tooting your own horn. I have brought you down with me.

Jan 26, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #260 of 607
Quote:

Just don't think there are totally better then UE-10s. And you aren't tooting your own horn. I have brought you down with me.

This is completely subjective much like our opinions in the review. I really don't want to piss on anyones shoes but just be patient and wait until they come out and give them a listen for an hour or two....you may just agree with us then.

Jan 26, 2006 at 2:24 AM Post #261 of 607
The E500's will never top my UE-10's, and anyone who says they do is a dirty lying communist.

ok, I'm just mad I didn't get to hear them...
etysmile.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #262 of 607
Quote:

well you have nothing to add but defend your friends and take the axl to me. You think I am going away.

3rd party nay-sayer, so I wouldn't say that. I am interested in the E500 and guessing I will get a pair. Just don't think there are totally better then UE-10s. And you aren't tooting your own horn. I have brought you down with me.

You haven't brought down anything but your own reputation.

You are nothing but a troll making arguments about a pair of earphones you never heard for yourself.

-Ed

Jan 26, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #263 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
The E500's will never top my UE-10's, and anyone who says they do is a dirty lying communist.

etysmile.gif

LOL, well the vacuum metalized finish had a slight champaigned finish, almost Pinky in color.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Jan 26, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #264 of 607
I am so excited for these that I'm beginning to detest my UM2's. I think I always have been displeased with them, but the knowledge that there is a solution on the horizon has allowed that displeasure to become conscious in a way it couldn't before- because before there was nothing on the horizon that gave me reason to think there would be an alternative.

Jan 26, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #265 of 607
Quote:

etysmile.gif

You were invited...
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #266 of 607
Quote:

etysmile.gif

LOL. Yeah - it is a shame you were not there. I am sure you would have enjoyed them as much as we did.

But don't forget - my Counter Strike name is Communist Charlie.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 5:05 AM Post #267 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
You were invited...
wink.gif

What about me??? Mine get lost in the mail?

ohhhhh... I see this was for the sophisticated folk, y'all didn't want the redneck there.... I see... Well it's not over! I'll be the first to get a pair!

*sends nice bottle of Whiskey and box of Cubans to Sugarfield*

Jan 26, 2006 at 5:12 AM Post #268 of 607
Post #13 in this thread (pretty funny):

Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
The replies in this thread will be of two types:
1) Enthusiasm and questions regarding the E500
2) Denouncement and skepticism by people who feel threatened.

I'm definitely interested now
biggrin.gif
What's the sensitivity like? Is it still super high and likely to reveal system hiss out of a DAP's headphone out?

Post #147 in this thread (totally hysterical!):

Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
I hate it when I'm right.

And by "hate" I actuallly mean "love."

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #269 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
You were invited...
wink.gif

I know, Aaron, you guys were awesome with your generousity... I'm just saddled with my current workload
evil_smiley.gif

Seriously, though, I can't wait to hear these new suckers
basshead.gif

Jan 26, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #270 of 607
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
But don't forget - my Counter Strike name is Communist Charlie.
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

I KNEW IT!!!!
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back