Shure E4C - Reviews, Opinions & Ramblings Thread
May 29, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #181 of 370
Zero,

I think we are waiting for the Black models to ship. I have heard from 2 weeks to a month. I am waiting patiently. It is KILLING me though. I dont want the white ones but I so want to hear these things.

I am leaving the country on the 28th of next month and HAVE TO have something buy then. I will wait as long as I can for black. If time runs out Ill be on the plane with the white ones!

Gypsy

May 29, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #182 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsychology
Zero,

I think we are waiting for the Black models to ship. I have heard from 2 weeks to a month. I am waiting patiently. It is KILLING me though. I dont want the white ones but I so want to hear these things.

I am leaving the country on the 28th of next month and HAVE TO have something buy then. I will wait as long as I can for black. If time runs out Ill be on the plane with the white ones!

Gypsy

Thanks for the info. I won't settle for anything other than black. I'm not in a huge rush, but I want to pair them with an iAudio flash player to make mowing the yard more fun!
cool.gif

May 29, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #183 of 370
I just revieved my E4c's yesterday and i love them. Being an E3c owner i can say that these blow the E3c's away as far as clarity and just overal sound production. Is there anyone out there that has both E4c and E5c i would like to know is the E5c worth buying. I mean now that i have heard the E4c I want to know if the E5c would be an upgrade or if it would just be a different sound. Any comments would be appreciated thank you.

May 29, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #184 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyeyes
I just revieved my E4c's yesterday and i love them. Being an E3c owner i can say that these blow the E3c's away as far as clarity and just overal sound production. Is there anyone out there that has both E4c and E5c i would like to know is the E5c worth buying. I mean now that i have heard the E4c I want to know if the E5c would be an upgrade or if it would just be a different sound. Any comments would be appreciated thank you.

I think vranswer likes his e5's better, but jude prefers the e4. I have the westone um2's, which are based off of the e5's, and at the moment, I prefer the e4c's to them. I'm not necessarily saying the e4's are better headphones, but they have a more balanced sound (and more treble) that I find more enjoyable. This may say more about my preference, though, and isn't necessarily how everyone would feel.

May 30, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #186 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinchyCM
what happened to the group buy?

Jude removed it from the forum. He intends to put in place rules for Group Buys including a specialy designated Group Buy coordinator that will handle all Head-Fi group buy ventures in the future.

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:48 PM Post #188 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbilsbor
Anyone have any idea why half the vendors selling the E4c, specifically the ones selling it for under $200, have disappeared from the shopping search engines? Suddenly there's only like 4 vendors that have it, and it's full retail at all of them.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...arch=shure+e4c

Supply and Demand I guess..... I have had my E4's (the black ones) on order for 2 weeks from Earphonesolutions.com. I know they're shipping out later than the E4C's (white) and I also know there will likely be supply issues and possibly delays, but they are a reputable, friendly, conscientious and AUTHORIZED Shure retailer and they are advertising both the E4's and E4C's for $198....with price-matching of other Authorized Shure dealers. I'm a very bad "gotta' have it now" kind of consumer, but on these, I just decided to bite the bullet and buy from a good source and wait it out. Sometimes you just can't be the earliest of the early adopters.
icon10.gif

Jun 1, 2005 at 7:56 PM Post #190 of 370
Just placed an order at ecost.com. It says that the order is "In Warehouse", which supposedly means that it is being picked for shipment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well.

Jun 1, 2005 at 8:32 PM Post #191 of 370
i just got my e4c's today they are great but alot of my itunes music which is lower bit rate sounds really bad

Jun 2, 2005 at 12:34 AM Post #193 of 370
Well, I ordered my e4cs from beachaudio.com before the Memorial Day weekend, when apparently they were still in stock (though the number was getting lower and lower until it finally hit 0)... and now it's on back order and they emailed me saying I'd have to wait until the next shipment came in. Looks like I'm in the same boat as some other people.
frown.gif

Anyone know when the "next shipment" is? I think I read somewhere that it'll be sometime in the middle of this month (June), but I don't know exactly where I found that (edit: whoops, I guess I found it on earphonesolutions.com. Can anyone confirm that Shure will ship at that time?). Err... and I assumed that everyone gets in-stock at the same time, but apparently I was wrong -- last time I checked ecost.com they were out of stock and now they're IN stock.
confused.gif
Does that mean e4cs should be in stock everywhere soon?

Jun 2, 2005 at 9:56 AM Post #194 of 370
In a post not so long ago,I think that they were initial impressions at CES or some other Tech Show, it was said that the Shure e4 would work well with songs of a lower bitrate as they have a warmer sound.

I have read in another post that the superfi really pick bad encodings or low bitrates.

I have the ER6i's and I still cant tell the difference between 128 AAC or 256 mp3's or higher !!!!

What bitrate sounds bad ... and could it be the recording and matering rather than the encoding ????

I am looking for some new canalphones as my ER6i are falling apart, I listen to electronica ranging from chill to techno and my source is a 4G ipod.

I like detail and a slight increaese in bass would be good too, but I am using the ER6i's so I think that the superfi will be overkill on the bass and detail will be sacrificed, whereas the e4 will do the job very well. That is from the research that I have done so far anyway.

I think I quite like the ety sound ----> so e4

or am I kidding myself as I have never heard any other high rnd phone other than the Ultrasone HFI 650 Trackmasters ------> and the superfi pro will be the answer.

At the moment all the post and reviews are confusing me

Jun 2, 2005 at 11:39 AM Post #195 of 370
it was really my computer that was making it sound bad on my i pod i couldn't notis it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back