Shure E4C - Reviews, Opinions & Ramblings Thread
Jun 2, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #196 of 370
ordered mine on pagecomputers last thursday and got them yesterday for $193 shipped...

anyway i let them burned in non stop for 15 hours now... but compared to my B&O, although the bass is more and better, the mids and highs are not as good it seems
confused.gif
the B&O earphones has mids and highs that are clearer by a tad bit, thats in a quiet enviroment of course since they are just earbuds... hmmm

Jun 2, 2005 at 2:09 PM Post #197 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by trinitone
Well, ecost.com says that the e4cs have shipped. So, if you're looking for a pair right away, they may be your best bet.

Ordered mine yesterday afternoon at 3:40, paid for next day shipping ($9.99) and got them at 8:30 AM today. Listening now...

So far so good, I think these are a keeper.

Jun 2, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #198 of 370
Every store I go to has them for either a very high price or they have none in stock. Where is a good place to buy them with fast shipping? Also, the blacks don't come out till mid July correct? Thanks!

Jun 2, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #199 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by aWanderlust
Every store I go to has them for either a very high price or they have none in stock. Where is a good place to buy them with fast shipping? Also, the blacks don't come out till mid July correct? Thanks!

The last official thing I heard was 6/13 for the E4's but lately I've been seeing some sites saying July so I'm not sure what to make of that. It appears that eCost has the E4C's in stock at a decent price.

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:04 PM Post #203 of 370
The e4cs arrived at 1:00 PM today. I've only been able to listen to them for about an hour, and so far I am quite pleased. This is my first foray into "on the head hi-fi", as most of my experience is with home audio/video. But, it had to happen sooner or later. More to come after I've been able to check them out for a while.

Jun 2, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #204 of 370
Ordered my E4c from compu-plus earlier in the week, while they were still at $177... seems like they've got them for $245 now...!? Anyway I'll be getting them shortly so I'll post my impressions of how they comapre to my ER-4p.

I bought the E4c because I was looking for something to use while working out and the microphonics with the ER-4p were annoying me. (funny enough, the old-style cable was somewhat acceptable -- then they got damaged & had to replace them with the new-style braided cable and I find the microphonics are way worse).

Jun 3, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #205 of 370
just got the E4c shipped for 210 from eCost, supposed to come tomm at 10 am....excited to hear em'!

Jun 3, 2005 at 9:24 AM Post #206 of 370
AAAARGGGGGGGRGRGR I CAN'T stand reading this thread no more !!!

mad.gif
plainface.gif
plainface.gif
mad.gif
plainface.gif
plainface.gif
mad.gif
plainface.gif

Jun 3, 2005 at 10:27 AM Post #207 of 370
Quote:

Originally Posted by countach
AAAARGGGGGGGRGRGR I CAN'T stand reading this thread no more !!!

mad.gif
plainface.gif
plainface.gif
mad.gif
plainface.gif
plainface.gif
mad.gif
plainface.gif

Why is that, because you don't have any E4Cs?

Jun 3, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #208 of 370
Here i am looking forward to a upgrade but i read all the threads about both E4c and Ue's super.fi pro's but im still sort of lost between the two..
I have a pair of Ety's (er6i) and a corda II amp. For a while i was looking to upgrade to E5c but...i would like to have the detail of etys and the bass of e5c (dont we all
wink.gif
)
My question is how much high end detail is lost with fi.pros comparing to the er6i when they are connected to a corda II amp (everyone agreed that er6i loses some high-end detail when played from corda II)..
The dual driver idea is quite intruiging..thats why super.fi has 'bigger' sound..
i think its the next logical step...
note: i never heard e4c nor super.fis.

Jun 3, 2005 at 2:53 PM Post #209 of 370
Msflsim you sound like you are in the same position as me.

I have the ER6i and I have loved their clarity and separation as they were my 1st high-ish end canalphone however after time and audtioning other phones I have found them lacking in the bass department.

I have had then for over a year and the plastic gel casing is falling off so what better time could there be to upgrade.

I am going for the e4's as the bass will be a a definite improvement from what I have now and I think that for my ears the superfi's might be bass overkill and sacrifice the detail.

So I am now waiting for the black e4's to be shipped to the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back