Shuoer impressions thread
Feb 1, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #3,811 of 3,872
I couldn't get a seal on the KL for the life of me, but they have good tonality.

I absolutely love KL tonality, it's really spot-on. But I agree they 're not the easiest fitting IEMs. I've found a good compromise with the transparent tips, but after 2 months from ordering new ones, I still haven't managed to get replacements for them from the company. To be honest, they tried to ship the parcel a couple of times, both got lost and communication with them it's not easy, you have to email them multiple times to get an answer...

Feb 1, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #3,812 of 3,872
Hello everyone. I've just purchased an OG EJ07, still waiting to receive it. I've read somewhere here in the thread (some pages ago) about a kind of mod to boost the treble but i didn't understand if it was a faulty pair or if it's mandatory for better result sound quality wise. Any tips about that?

Feb 1, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #3,813 of 3,872
Hello everyone. I've just purchased an OG EJ07, still waiting to receive it. I've read somewhere here in the thread (some pages ago) about a kind of mod to boost the treble but i didn't understand if it was a faulty pair or if it's mandatory for better result sound quality wise. Any tips about that?
if you like high frequencies, then you shouldn't have bought these headphones. I sold my EJ07 only because there were very few high frequencies to my ear in them. The EST driver as the main one for high frequencies is poorly suited and it is better to mix it with a balanced armature.

Feb 1, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #3,814 of 3,872
Do you like your ER4? If so, you’d love 07. I’m a treble head but crank up volume with 07 is just heavenly. With a high quality single crystal silver you should have enough!

Otherwise, can use use foam tips but cut off front bit and let the bore exposed into ear canal.

09 has much much higher energy in treble and can be fatiguing and certain songs shouty (those think Tape are shouting but I don’t find it, so a bit prospective)

Feb 1, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #3,815 of 3,872
for me the 07m destroys the z1R, far FAR more natural. Also I got a custom 07m in resin and it sounds far better than the original metal shell version. Much more controlled FR.
Dude, we are fighting. Lol. The z1r is resolving, wide as well, and has unbeatable bass! The og is good and does have a more natural sound, but In a way that makes it sound different from virtually every headphone or iem I've ever heard, which is a bit odd. I don't know what to do with thst info

Feb 2, 2023 at 1:18 AM Post #3,817 of 3,872
C54D3ED7-63D5-4D7C-9A0D-1BF159112EC2.jpeg

After trying the s12 the s12 pro is in the house. Though I’m typically not a fan of V signature the s12 sets are an absolute treat for the price

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #3,818 of 3,872
After trying the s12 the s12 pro is in the house. Though I’m typically not a fan of V signature the s12 sets are an absolute treat for the price
Especially if you consider how much the S12 costs and how the OLEG07 sounds, then I would immediately choose the S12 without hesitation. I would personally assume that at the price of EJ07, the S12 should have sounded, and not the EJ07 themselves. How was it possible to release such a veiled sound from the EJ07 at a price of $ 800? Maybe someone likes such a "comfortable feed", but you can't hear any details or shine in high frequencies in the presence of 4 EST

Feb 2, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #3,819 of 3,872
Especially if you consider how much the S12 costs and how the OLEG07 sounds, then I would immediately choose the S12 without hesitation. I would personally assume that at the price of EJ07, the S12 should have sounded, and not the EJ07 themselves. How was it possible to release such a veiled sound from the EJ07 at a price of $ 800? Maybe someone likes such a "comfortable feed", but you can't hear any details or shine in high frequencies in the presence of 4 EST
I never got a chance to try the 07 but I was considering a used pair when one popped for a good price

I’ll remember to try it before any purchases decisions

Feb 2, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #3,820 of 3,872
Dude, give it a rest. The EJ has been around for 3 years now. People know exactly what it is. You want more details, fine, the EJ was never for you. I hear ALL the details I want because the IEM is designed to be turned up LOUD.

Feb 2, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #3,821 of 3,872
Dude, give it a rest. The EJ has been around for 3 years now. People know exactly what it is. You want more details, fine, the EJ was never for you. I hear ALL the details I want because the IEM is designed to be turned up LOUD.
Totally agree. I think Alex should sell his set really cheap to me to compliment my EJ07M'S!

How do you buy a $800 set not doing your research not as if there is no impressions out there?

Also I think it has outstanding liniar extension and sparkle in the highs and a SE12 would take the top of my head off.

All about our own different ears and tastes!

Feb 2, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #3,822 of 3,872
Totally agree. I think Alex should sell his set really cheap to me to compliment my EJ07M'S!

How do you buy a $800 set not doing your research not as if there is no impressions out there?

Also I think it has outstanding liniar extension and sparkle in the highs and a SE12 would take the top of my head off.

All about our own different ears and tastes!
I sold EJ07 a long time ago. S12 high frequencies are of excellent quality and are configured in such a way that they will not be sawing at ease.

Feb 2, 2023 at 10:52 PM Post #3,823 of 3,872
Well the S12 stock is not for me, so i retuned the hell out of it. I'll say this: driver is one of the best if not the BEST on the market. Takes a lot more finesse to get the tuning to work with the driver though.

Feb 3, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #3,824 of 3,872
Well the S12 stock is not for me, so i retuned the hell out of it. I'll say this: driver is one of the best if not the BEST on the market. Takes a lot more finesse to get the tuning to work with the driver though.
You took your apart and retuned it? Can you expand on what you mean by it being the best? Do you mean in relationship to other planars at that price point, or more broadly?

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #3,825 of 3,872
I can approve that EJ07 is good, and it has all detail that you need, it has enough treble (ps: i don't like Exaggerated treble, for example Shuoer S12 which can be fatiguing in long run)

EJ07 NOT for resolution and detail lover, it's their main weakness, EJ07 obviously for staging lover, really good 3D placement, it has grand presentation. Listening volume affect big differences, that's why some people don't like it and some people love it so much.

it obviously love some power, not that much, but i don't think smartphone can give enough juice.
1675755288970.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back