Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 26, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #3,361 of 3,872
Hi Guys, wow, OK, I read em all!!!!! Thanks for all the info, a lot of it doesn't apply to my search but interesting, informative nonetheless.
Quick first question, if you will, what does OG stand for? Old guard? Original? Having to learn some lingo in my search.
My search:
I need some new CIEMs. I simply cannot get and maintain a seal with ANY UIEM I have ever tried, with any tips I have ever tried. CIEMs work for me. I am ready for better. I finally have my short list down to the OG EJ07 and the EJ07m. I contacted Linsoul and they said I could get the EJ in custom but not the EJ07m.
But just saw this vid on YT:
Sure looks like I can get a custom EJ07m. So I will contact Shuoer directly about that. IF not, then I will be forced to go for the EJ in custom. Pushes my budget but what about this rabbit hole doesn't????
Questions for you experts:
1. Do you think that (assuming I can get an EJ07m made custom for my ears--I live in Thailand WAY away from BKK, so getting ear molds made is a question as well) that the custom fit will obviate the need for the Tanchjim Tanya dampener? Should do that right? IF so, I think I would be a very happy camper.
2. I read here about Shuoer being great to work with, and that some have asked that the tuning of the CIEM be tweaked a bit while being made. I listen to mostly Classical, Rock and Blues. I think my preference is for a V shaped sound, I LOVE BASS and sparkly clear treble, but NEVER sibilant. Any recommendations on how I might ask them to tweak the EJ07m for a little better bass and possibly reducing that 5K bump a bit but increasing upper treble for more air and sparkle? I read that the later might not be possible, but at least the bass?
3. Any thoughts on am I at least going down the right trail here? Should I be trying to go for the OG EJ07 instead?
Any help, suggestions, warnings, etc will be appreciated.
Trying to move up from C and B- rated ciems, changed to balanced cables now (helped) and a powerful Fiio M11 Plus Ltd. DAP (helped a little, my Cowon was already pretty great). Thanks
God Bless,
Wayne

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:12 AM Post #3,362 of 3,872
Hey Wayne,

Yea a lot of good info from all of the folks and well done reading through all these! I will try add a couple of points for you where I can, few other points best let some more qualifies to help out thou. OG = original generation (i.e. the very first EJ07, now we have 07m and soon will be HBB version all slightly tuning as well)
Hi Guys, wow, OK, I read em all!!!!! Thanks for all the info, a lot of it doesn't apply to my search but interesting, informative nonetheless.
Quick first question, if you will, what does OG stand for? Old guard? Original? Having to learn some lingo in my search.
My search:
I need some new CIEMs. I simply cannot get and maintain a seal with ANY UIEM I have ever tried, with any tips I have ever tried. CIEMs work for me. I am ready for better. I finally have my short list down to the OG EJ07 and the EJ07m. I contacted Linsoul and they said I could get the EJ in custom but not the EJ07m.
But just saw this vid on YT:
Sure looks like I can get a custom EJ07m. So I will contact Shuoer directly about that. IF not, then I will be forced to go for the EJ in custom. Pushes my budget but what about this rabbit hole doesn't????
Questions for you experts:
1. Do you think that (assuming I can get an EJ07m made custom for my ears--I live in Thailand WAY away from BKK, so getting ear molds made is a question as well) that the custom fit will obviate the need for the Tanchjim Tanya dampener? Should do that right? IF so, I think I would be a very happy camper.
2. I read here about Shuoer being great to work with, and that some have asked that the tuning of the CIEM be tweaked a bit while being made. I listen to mostly Classical, Rock and Blues. I think my preference is for a V shaped sound, I LOVE BASS and sparkly clear treble, but NEVER sibilant. Any recommendations on how I might ask them to tweak the EJ07m for a little better bass and possibly reducing that 5K bump a bit but increasing upper treble for more air and sparkle? I read that the later might not be possible, but at least the bass?
3. Any thoughts on am I at least going down the right trail here? Should I be trying to go for the OG EJ07 instead?
Any help, suggestions, warnings, etc will be appreciated.
Trying to move up from C and B- rated ciems, changed to balanced cables now (helped) and a powerful Fiio M11 Plus Ltd. DAP (helped a little, my Cowon was already pretty great). Thanks
God Bless,
Wayne

1. CIEM from Letshuoer (formally shuoer ) - apparently most of whom got it said is the best their had ever got, they do have great CS (the Joseph guy is a legend and you will get it when contact Letshuoer); So I would say you should get a good outcome (providing your ear mould is nicely done obviously). Once you go CIEM, Letshuoer can adj tuning and yes being CIEM bore will be longer for sure you won't need any damper
2. Sounds like 07m indeed but I will leave other more capable to advise on this, although listen classical, blues would have 09 come to my mind! its resolution and detail retrieval is amazing (but not as musical / lively as opposed to 07)
3. I haven't heard 07m but you probably already read some good analysis on the comparison, 07m does sound like what you want thou, again, will let other more qualified to help you on this here. BUT, EJ07(x) is not for bass-head thou...

One possible way would be, why not try to get 07m or even wait for 07 HBB, then once happy with the sound or you know what exactly (they react really well to EQ, you can play around with your M11 Plus) then send it back to Letshuoer for CIEM? someone quote when you place order for CIEM you only going to save small amount anyways so if you cannot try them out first, this approach would be best bet to start with? I could be wrong but, you might not even have the need for damper either despite the short bore from 07M?

Anyhow, good luck and hope you too will enjoy the journey and importantly the set whichever you choose & turn into a shower-head (shouer just sounds like shower) fanboy like a few of us :D

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #3,363 of 3,872
Hi Spa03 and thanks for your good, considered answers. I want to get on that Short Bus!!!!!!
Seriously I have enjoyed following your journey on here. YEAH I want that 09, but it is quite a bit more pricey for me and I am an old oil driller, my hearing is probably, no, surely NOT golden, so I doubt that I could appreciate that level of detail, especially in the treble==tinnitus.
HBB???? Now that is something I have not heard of. What is coming???? 07 HBB, can I find out about that and when it is coming????
Shower head, I like it!!!!!
I was just listening to Michael Bruce's meta review of the OG EJ07 and his very interesting comment on not wishing to have elevated treble, because one cannot raise the volume as much to hear all the great bass, midbass and mids without the treble getting tiring and piercing (my wording, sorry if I misquoted). That sounds like a very good point.
All this helps a LOT.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Jan 26, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #3,364 of 3,872
Hi Spa03 and thanks for your good, considered answers. I want to get on that Short Bus!!!!!!
Seriously I have enjoyed following your journey on here. YEAH I want that 09, but it is quite a bit more pricey for me and I am an old oil driller, my hearing is probably, no, surely NOT golden, so I doubt that I could appreciate that level of detail, especially in the treble==tinnitus.
HBB???? Now that is something I have not heard of. What is coming???? 07 HBB, can I find out about that and when it is coming????
I was just listening to Michael Bruce's meta review of the OG EJ07 and his very interesting comment on not wishing to have elevated treble, because one cannot raise the volume as much to hear all the great bass, midbass and mids without the treble getting tiring and piercing (my wording, sorry if I misquoted). That sounds like a very good point.
All this helps a LOT.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
You are mostly welcome! Ahhh now you shared such personal note then yea you prob better go with 07 OG, it can crank up volume so well any other sets with elevated treble will blow our ears off… I haven’t heard 07m so don’t know with slight elevated treble whether it can still volume scale well, the short bus ceo will be able to shed some lights, same as a few others who got both.

Hifiguides forum has most info might have to check it out there on that, long story short he’s not here…

Yep I did extensive research (prob just like you) and Michale’s @redrol the “guilty one” brought me onto the short-bus and couldn’t be happier! Hopefully will be the same for you too!

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #3,367 of 3,872
Looks like you guys are off for CNY too. ha
I see that Linsoul has the EJ07m on sale for $539 for the next 9 days. But they won't do customs of the 07m, so I will have to miss that sale and go thru Shuoer it seems.
God Bless,
Wayne

Jan 29, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #3,368 of 3,872
Looks like you guys are off for CNY too. ha
I see that Linsoul has the EJ07m on sale for $539 for the next 9 days. But they won't do customs of the 07m, so I will have to miss that sale and go thru Shuoer it seems.
God Bless,
Wayne
Lol it’s weekend for sure :) yea reach to Joseph from Letshuoer he would sort it out for you. Do share as when you got your CIEMs

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #3,370 of 3,872
All this helps a LOT.
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne
No you nailed it exactly my friend. There is a sweet spot area for treble which is highly dependent on overall volume. I follow the Etymotic type curve basically, since I consider it correct and true to real life and also it scales well in volume, meaning it sounds better louder. EJ follows this treble curve as well as a handful of sets are within the ballpark and sound quite nice. Of course I enjoy other tunings but as far as that goes, I like it the most.

Jan 30, 2022 at 4:44 AM Post #3,371 of 3,872
Thanks so very much redrol!!!!! Great to hear your opinion. Just want to be sure I understand, do you recommend the OG EJ07 over the m version?
In your opinion would I be happier with the OG? I do like strong bass and sparkly treble, along with luscious mids. Yep I want it all. ha ha
Thanks, God Bless,
Wayne

Jan 30, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #3,372 of 3,872
May I ask a stupid question here? If someone has the free time to answer?
What is a Bass Head? I have read at least 3 reviews that said the Shuoer EJ07and m are NOT for Bass Heads.
I kinda always thought I was one. but might not be? I LOVE BASS. It provides the solid basis for all good music to me. I listen to mostly Classical music. HI Res music, DSD recordings mostly, but I like Rock and Blues a LOT too, Jazz not very often. When an orchestra has a great section of powerful double basses creating a super foundation it just makes the music. I love the double bass, electric bass, organ low pedal notes, deep, rich cello notes, bass drum, lowest piano, etc.
I am NOT into EDM or a lot of loud thumping stuff, so that may let me outta that category? I don't know.
I have a BIG SVS subwoofer in my home theater and it is magnificent at adding pleasure to music and movies. Shakes the house sometimes. But it has to be musical, unless we are talking about explosions and such.
I want to almost feel the bass as much as I can when listening to music, I know not to expect too much from ciems. But am I a bass head, am I looking at the wrong ciems?
Should I wait for the HBB version?
Thanks for any thoughts and your time.
God Bless,
Wayne

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #3,373 of 3,872
May I ask a stupid question here? If someone has the free time to answer?
What is a Bass Head? I have read at least 3 reviews that said the Shuoer EJ07and m are NOT for Bass Heads.
I kinda always thought I was one. but might not be? I LOVE BASS. It provides the solid basis for all good music to me. I listen to mostly Classical music. HI Res music, DSD recordings mostly, but I like Rock and Blues a LOT too, Jazz not very often. When an orchestra has a great section of powerful double basses creating a super foundation it just makes the music. I love the double bass, electric bass, organ low pedal notes, deep, rich cello notes, etc.
I am NOT into EDM or a lot of loud thumping stuff, so that may let me outta that category? I don't know.
I have a BIG SVS subwoofer in my home theater and it is magnificent at adding pleasure to music and movies. Shakes the house sometimes. But it has to be musical, unless we are talking about explosions and such.
I want to almost feel the bass as much as I can when listening to music, I know not to expect too much from ciems. But am I a bass head, am I looking at the wrong ciems?
Should I wait for the HBB version?
Thanks for any thoughts and your time.
God Bless,
Wayne

Most of us love bass, good and high quality, thick and meaty but only few of us are bassheads. Basshead would like to have their bass shelf by good few dBs. It is the level of bass that makes your teeth vibrate.

I've never met 'classical' basshead, most b-heads listen to electronic and rock, but I don't think it is impossible :D

I thought that I am basshead once but then I found out I just love nice meaty low freqs. EJ07/ST7 has plenty of good quality bass, one of the best I've heard.

Jan 31, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #3,374 of 3,872
Jan 31, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #3,375 of 3,872
What is a Bass Head? I have read at least 3 reviews that said the Shuoer EJ07and m are NOT for Bass Heads
IMHO, bass heads have one or both of the following characteristics:
1) They value bass over the other frequency ranges (mids and treble),
2) They value bass quantity over bass quality.

EJO7M may actually satisfy a lot of bassheads, as it has an up 12dB (4 times louder) elevation below 200Hz:
1643648134967.png

And the quality of the bass is as good (if not better) as any IEM I have heard so far.
It's a great choice for bass lovers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back