Shuoer impressions thread
Sep 16, 2021 at 12:55 AM Post #3,287 of 3,872
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #3,288 of 3,872
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:16 PM Post #3,289 of 3,872
One of the best Review of these I could find.
I usually like @Gizaudio, but that specific review seems to be of a different product, as if the script was swaped with that of the Xenns Up or something. It could be that he needs Tanchjim dampers, but even then, the ej07m is just not like what is described.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #3,290 of 3,872
Sep 16, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #3,292 of 3,872
I usually like @Gizaudio, but that specific review seems to be of a different product, as if the script was swaped with that of the Xenns Up or something. It could be that he needs Tanchjim dampers, but even then, the ej07m is just not like what is described.
Yea agree, what he described is not the 07/07m I would recognise, also departed from all the folks who got the 07m…

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #3,293 of 3,872
Ok, maybe some geo-location sales going on as your link gave me full price $560. Not sure because VAT but 20% in U.K. would end up £330+66.

Yes if anyone can get it $470 it’s just nuts and great for anyone looking for a TOTL IEMs
It could be that. I've also discovered that if you click "Follow Store" then refresh, sales prices avaailable to "Followers" become active.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #3,295 of 3,872
Yea agree, what he described is not the 07/07m I would recognise, also departed from all the folks who got the 07m…
Yeah people should have their own opinions but the idea the 07m is wispy and cold sounding is not at all what I thought. In fact its one of the more thick iems i've heard. Not only bass but the mids are quite big and bold.

Sep 27, 2021 at 7:58 PM Post #3,297 of 3,872
I actually like the bass on the Variations more than EJ07m.. but not the mids or trebles. It's just a bit intense. The bass on the 07m is tuned to counteract the bit of extra treble and it's appropriate but I do find it a bit much after some hours. Still this isn't a bad metric, it is what it is. A TOTL tuned EJ07.

[edit]
BUT I like the 07 bass more than Variations. There is a goldilocks area for bass for me and the 07 and Variations nailed it. Matter of fact so does the RSV. The 07m is slightly more than I want in general though, I'd prefer more than less if you know what I mean. All these sets are playing at such a high level, I am splitting hairs.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #3,298 of 3,872
Forgot but for Isolation the 07m is fantastic as long as the short tip doesn't mess with anything. The Variations is huge and has a thick bore and is as good as an IEM with that build can get for me... which is pretty excellent. I run a lot with my iems and as long as sound can't trasmit through the IEM body Im pretty good. I play too loud for outside noises to affect anything.

Oct 3, 2021 at 2:44 PM Post #3,299 of 3,872
So, I thought something was not right with my EJ07m... and since I was having fun with graphing IEMs anyway, I found a massive channel imbalance in the bass and sub-bass, right where the DD should be doing its thing (these measurements were taken while using Tanchjim Tanya Dampers on the EJ07m):

ej07m-channel-imbalance.png

I then repeated the measurements 3 times per channel, each time refitting the IEM to the coupler to exclude problems derived from coupler sitting. My coupler is DIY, using a Daytonaudio iMM-6, so not good enough for accurate graphs, but more than good enough to pick up channel imbalance in IEMs. I will still make a few more measurments without Tanya dampers, but I hardly think these will make any deference since they affect mostly the higher mids/lower treble, as I understand it.

I am disappointed to say the least. Now let's see how good HifiGo's and/or Shuoer's customer service is...

Oct 3, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #3,300 of 3,872
Remove the dampers and see if anything changes. The sound tubes are very near the outside of the bores. It's also possible they blocked a bore tube with some of the glue that holds the stock grills on. Regardless Shuoer has excellent customer service and you can count on them to make it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back