Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 4, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #3,301 of 3,872
Remove the dampers and see if anything changes. The sound tubes are very near the outside of the bores. It's also possible they blocked a bore tube with some of the glue that holds the stock grills on. Regardless Shuoer has excellent customer service and you can count on them to make it right.

Thanks, good suggestion. Tried it, but unfortunately I still see the channel imbalance even without dampers and with clean grills. Good to know Shuoer has good customer support though.

EDIT: Removed conclusions over the effect of dampers for now.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #3,302 of 3,872
I'm thinking of picking up the EJ07m on 11.11 Do they sound good playing rap/hiphop, EDM, Pop, classic rock? I have the IKKO OH10 and really like them and want to step up to the next level.

Was also considering the Xenns Up but price, not sure if the extra will be worth it over the EJ07m.

Nov 2, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #3,303 of 3,872
I'm thinking of picking up the EJ07m on 11.11 Do they sound good playing rap/hiphop, EDM, Pop, classic rock? I have the IKKO OH10 and really like them and want to step up to the next level.

Was also considering the Xenns Up but price, not sure if the extra will be worth it over the EJ07m.

They are different. You can check my UP review where I made a comparition. If you get ej07m, make sure to also grab tanya for filters (and sweet tips).

Nov 12, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #3,306 of 3,872
I'm looking for nice elevated sub and midbass without bloatiness or bleed, forward mids and extended treble. Want good detail with nice imaging, layering and separation of instruments. above average soundstage is a plus
I think the EJ07M will meet all of your requirements as it has copious amounts of bass and the toes a fine line with the treble without being excessive

Nov 13, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #3,308 of 3,872
Did any of you tried cable rolling? What were the results? Just interested if it is possible to get a better treble extension or a bit brighter signature. Maybe silver cable would do a trick?
Yes for me, a high quality one does improve sound signature on a sensitive set. Gold silver one opens up soundstage too with good treble extension.

Azla Xelastec also brights up treble

I know these as I’m a treble head myself and had played around with cables and tips to get to where I am now

Nov 13, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #3,309 of 3,872
Yes for me, a high quality one does improve sound signature on a sensitive set. Gold silver one opens up soundstage too with good treble extension.

Azla Xelastec also brights up treble

I know these as I’m a treble head myself and had played around with cables and tips to get to where I am now
What cable did you try? Need a recommendation. I myself have Fiio LC-RE but MMC version for my other IEMs, it is tri-metal coper, silver, gold plated coper, I found that I was able to extract more details and clarity with it, perhaps I will try to sell it and buy 2 pin version for EJ07m.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #3,310 of 3,872
I’m now settled on a Labkable single Crystal silver, price not crazily high and improvements strong enough.

Sadly good cable do cost a lot. I own K9 Pro, Q5s and Q1 MII but I doubt their cable is really the top purity category (could be wrong as never tried their cable). But again, cable is such a bad category for diminishing return you got to find what’s acceptable vs overly spend to extract that tiny bit of auditable improvements… I used to own the Titan but just can’t justify the 1k price tag!!!

Nov 13, 2021 at 10:39 AM Post #3,311 of 3,872
I’m now settled on a Labkable single Crystal silver, price not crazily high and improvements strong enough.

Sadly good cable do cost a lot. I own K9 Pro, Q5s and Q1 MII but I doubt their cable is really the top purity category (could be wrong as never tried their cable). But again, cable is such a bad category for diminishing return you got to find what’s acceptable vs overly spend to extract that tiny bit of auditable improvements… I used to own the Titan but just can’t justify the 1k price tag!!!
Can you give me link for that cable you mentioned? So far from what I saw they are really pricey, for Fiio one I paid about 200 usd. Surely there a better ones, but I will stick for 200 usd price bracket, even 200 usd for a cable is kind of a lot :sweat_smile:

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #3,312 of 3,872
Can you give me link for that cable you mentioned? So far from what I saw they are really pricey, for Fiio one I paid about 200 usd. Surely there a better ones, but I will stick for 200 usd price bracket, even 200 usd for a cable is kind of a lot :sweat_smile:
I’m using the silver Galaxy II 8 wire one. I’ll recommend you try out first, for my 07 OG, the improvement is not as obvious as when with 846. I think o bought it a good 5yrs back now around $250 back then?

Haven’t heard of 07M but I felt original tuning might have enough spark so best hold the cable thing after trying with your fiio first?

For me it’s obvious when using with 09 (treble monster) on my K9 Pro, the Silver Galaxy II really do smooth out the sharp edges in certain songs 😅

Nov 13, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #3,313 of 3,872
I’m using the silver Galaxy II 8 wire one. I’ll recommend you try out first, for my 07 OG, the improvement is not as obvious as when with 846. I think o bought it a good 5yrs back now around $250 back then?

Haven’t heard of 07M but I felt original tuning might have enough spark so best hold the cable thing after trying with your fiio first?

For me it’s obvious when using with 09 (treble monster) on my K9 Pro, the Silver Galaxy II really do smooth out the sharp edges in certain songs 😅
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Nov 21, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #3,314 of 3,872
It is a magneto static driver by the korean company called earbridge.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-world-s-first-magneto-static-earphone-hpsd-e70#/
This explains a lot… I didn’t know what kind of driver this had. The box said electret, Amazon listing said dynamic and electrostatic. Didn’t know what it was! Lol while these don’t hold a candle to my lcdi3 or lcd i10 (the lcd i3 blows my head off if a song has whallop of bass in it) I do have to say they have unique voice, and def are engaging. They’re good, and are unique imo. Of course it’s not fair to compare a lcdi3 to them however the isine 10 is warmer, lusher, deeper in bass. (Had to swap the bass tune plugs on the tape pros otherwise they sounded tinny) for a example on the isine 10 Jim Croce sounds….. shouty, where on the tape pros he’s more relaxed sounding, a little smoother. Metal songs on the tape pro def is engaging, sometimes a little harsh depending on who. They handle Tarja like the Audezes, keeping her from being to hollow sounding. So the tape pros are superb for some, good for others, and kinda eh of others. Def neat trying out the magnotstatic type. Unique drivers intrigue me. One thing tho, the tape pros do draw a alot of power. Needing around 50% volume direct from the iPhone or more.

Listening to them more…. I have to say overall the unique signature does feel good. It’s def a fun ‘phone, ebony ark’s thorn of ice def slams you with them.

After pumping Miami street bass from dj billy e into them….. I take it back on the bass, these can do deep and pressure bass well. Not as head shaking as planars, planars with bass are just….. omg psychotic, but when a song sends it, the tape pros can deliver it. 😳

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #3,315 of 3,872
I'm still waiting on my EJ07M order to arrive - looking forward to trying them! It's interesting how similar the tuning is between EJ07M and Monarch MK2. HBB's graph shows the two as extremely similar, while Crinacle's show more difference - may be due to unit variation / measurement discrepancies.

graph (1).pnggraph.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back