Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 25, 2021 at 12:21 PM Post #3,316 of 3,872
Thanks for sharing your experience!
Actually I have got more updates to share here!

Basically, been playing around with my limited collection of cables on K9 Pro with my EJ09 this shocked me and non-scientifically "test" with my not-so-great hearings and found that cables hardly make a difference when using K9 Pro! My random guess would be that, with portable device rely on battery power, material compositions and materials / impedance / impurities will become obvious for sensitive IEM drivers.

However, with ample power from the desktop machines, there just so much power and cables will not make a difference. This also explained why some folks felt this whole cable thing is such a snake oil. I can tell very clearly the differences when swapping cables in my portable devices but it is neglect-able with desktop DACs. These being said, I am now using the stock cable come with EJ09 which has native 4.4mm jack and sounds great with my K9 Pro.

Ps, all those adopters need to be high quality, audible improvements when using crapy ones vs well-made branded one (all my cables are 2.5mm so for my K9 Pro has to use adopter for 4.4mm port).

Nov 25, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #3,317 of 3,872
Dec 7, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #3,319 of 3,872
This explains a lot… I didn’t know what kind of driver this had. The box said electret, Amazon listing said dynamic and electrostatic. Didn’t know what it was! Lol while these don’t hold a candle to my lcdi3 or lcd i10 (the lcd i3 blows my head off if a song has whallop of bass in it) I do have to say they have unique voice, and def are engaging. They’re good, and are unique imo. Of course it’s not fair to compare a lcdi3 to them however the isine 10 is warmer, lusher, deeper in bass. (Had to swap the bass tune plugs on the tape pros otherwise they sounded tinny) for a example on the isine 10 Jim Croce sounds….. shouty, where on the tape pros he’s more relaxed sounding, a little smoother. Metal songs on the tape pro def is engaging, sometimes a little harsh depending on who. They handle Tarja like the Audezes, keeping her from being to hollow sounding. So the tape pros are superb for some, good for others, and kinda eh of others. Def neat trying out the magnotstatic type. Unique drivers intrigue me. One thing tho, the tape pros do draw a alot of power. Needing around 50% volume direct from the iPhone or more.

Listening to them more…. I have to say overall the unique signature does feel good. It’s def a fun ‘phone, ebony ark’s thorn of ice def slams you with them.

After pumping Miami street bass from dj billy e into them….. I take it back on the bass, these can do deep and pressure bass well. Not as head shaking as planars, planars with bass are just….. omg psychotic, but when a song sends it, the tape pros can deliver it. 😳
I agree. I am using the Tape Pro with a TRI Through cable and wide bore tips, the fit is excellent. Wonderful detail, try this one, during a passage for solo harp the black silences and etched details are amazing!

Dec 14, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #3,324 of 3,872
There is no equalizer in my player
Retuning is possible, manufacturer offers this sort of service but reshelling needs to be done as well, it costs about 160 usd. But it also brings certain risks, it is possible to ruin the original signature of IEM, they can raise or lower only broader sections, so there is a danger to raise to much existing peaks and ruin coherance. I am actually going to retune my EJ07m, found its treble to relaxed, instruments like cymbals don't have enough energy and sound to smooth, there's a lack of air as well as bass sounds to bloomy at times, so I played with EQ a bit, tried to be critical and not to overdo anything. I found that +3,5dB for treble and -2dB for sub-bass is a perfect combination for me. But again this is done at your own risk, it is not like sound engineer can control every dip or peak, as I said only broader sections can be tuned with dips and peaks involved.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #3,325 of 3,872
So my EJ07m returned last week from a 2 month round trip to China for a channel imbalance repair (almost all of that time in transit). Service from HifiGo and Shuoer was excellent, and the IEM was returned to me fixed and in good condition.

Interestingly, now I don't find it necessary to use Tanchjim filters. I measured the FR after the repair, and comparing the left channel (that was healthy and therefore didn't need a repair), it measures very closely to what it did before the repair, whereas the right channel now has more bass and matches the left channel closely (therefore repaired).

I can't quite put a finger on why I no longer need filters, previously that was very obvious, since timbre was off on classical guitars, saxophones, etc., but now it is just perfect! In any case, I am very happy with this!

Dec 22, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #3,326 of 3,872
Folks if you not already seen it, Letshuoer (formally Shuoer) is kicking off their Xmas sale on their official website, cheapest price for 07M I’ve ever seen (<$500)! Looks like 20% off across all products! Crazy really…hope no one recently bought anything or can get some kind of partial refund etc.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #3,327 of 3,872
cheapest price for 07M I’ve ever seen (<$500)
Definitely "one of the cheapest" I've seen with this set, although there were some expired deals/coupons on AliEx that went as low as $450 (I got it at this price), don't know if it'll resurface or not lol.

For the time being, official site's deal is the best case scenario for sure.

Dec 23, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #3,328 of 3,872
So my EJ07m returned last week from a 2 month round trip to China for a channel imbalance repair (almost all of that time in transit). Service from HifiGo and Shuoer was excellent, and the IEM was returned to me fixed and in good condition.

Interestingly, now I don't find it necessary to use Tanchjim filters. I measured the FR after the repair, and comparing the left channel (that was healthy and therefore didn't need a repair), it measures very closely to what it did before the repair, whereas the right channel now has more bass and matches the left channel closely (therefore repaired).

I can't quite put a finger on why I no longer need filters, previously that was very obvious, since timbre was off on classical guitars, saxophones, etc., but now it is just perfect! In any case, I am very happy with this!
Interesting you say that, one thing I do know is Chifi do adjust the tuning of IEMs slightly like with Moondrop with the Blessing 2. This is random but I wonder if Shuoer does this since the resonance peaks are only a small adjustment?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #3,329 of 3,872
Sorry, I'll update it just after I do Variations. It's 3rd on my list right now. Under the RSV, EJ OG being first.
Is there a new list?
The v1.5 is the latest one I could find in the thread: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqLMNbh3y8YqrELo2XRTorZba-jJ?e=E7bK4w

In your Starlight review you show another version, where you have Starlight and Variations above MEST: ,
1640800211176.png

But they don't appear in v1.5...
Do you post new versions at new URLs every time? All the other rankings have a static URL - that's much better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back