Shuoer impressions thread
Mar 1, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #3,108 of 3,872
Thanks! I've just updated the firmware of my Lotoo Paw S1 to the latest version and now it unfolds 4x MQA ... The difference is clearly audible when I connect the Paw S1 to my laptop and stream some Tidal Master tracks.
I also found some good eartips finally, Spinfit CP155 L size, they are very easy to clean and they have a shape that prevent wax a bit.

Mar 1, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #3,109 of 3,872
Thanks! I've just updated the firmware of my Lotoo Paw S1 to the latest version and now it unfolds 4x MQA ... The difference is clearly audible when I connect the Paw S1 to my laptop and stream some Tidal Master tracks.
I also found some good eartips finally, Spinfit CP155 L size, they are very easy to clean and they have a shape that prevent wax a bit.
How is it now EJ07 going for you? Any further feedback you might have? And compared to S8F are they still quite comparable? (Sounded like S8F quite a capable set even without the EST drivers!)

Mar 1, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #3,110 of 3,872
How is it now EJ07 going for you? Any further feedback you might have? And compared to S8F are they still quite comparable? (Sounded like S8F quite a capable set even without the EST drivers!)

Honestly? Imho I think EJ07 is totally another league from Fearless S8F.
Better signature;
More balanced treble/mid/bass;
Better overall quality;
Technically superior (tri-brid BA/DD/EST vs full BA, imho the difference is huge, and I usually love single DD);
I feel like S8F have too much higher-mids and no bass compared to EJ07. Also using S8F my ears hurts, but maybe I have sensitive ears.

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:23 AM Post #3,112 of 3,872
I have an S8f, EJ07. Both headphones are good in their own way. But I wouldn't say there's less bass in the S8f. It is massive in itself, and it also has excellent speed. The S8fs have an aggressive pitch, but that doesn't bother me. All this is treated by replacing the drain cable. There is also Voyager 14, also monstrous headphones

Mar 2, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #3,113 of 3,872
I have an S8f, EJ07. Both headphones are good in their own way. But I wouldn't say there's less bass in the S8f. It is massive in itself, and it also has excellent speed. The S8fs have an aggressive pitch, but that doesn't bother me. All this is treated by replacing the drain cable. There is also Voyager 14, also monstrous headphones
I have both S8F and EJ07 and agree regarding the low end. They are both my favorites along with Mangird Tea which is also excellent!

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #3,117 of 3,872
Had the conductors , thinking of either the 7's or 9's what's the overall consensus ? Is it worth the extra .... And what's with that ugly ass 4.4 on the 9's cable ? That's going to get a re termination for sure !
Lovin my 07, considering 09 (likely will go ahead). Fjlabs did some very good detailed review above I found very helpful. Apparently can reach out to Shuoer CS too, to make adju (might be limited to CIEM?) so I might try ask them make the bass a bit more punchy, mids a bit more smooth and lower treble slightly - which should be a more 07 like upgrade :D

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #3,119 of 3,872
Careful @Spa03. The 09 isnt like any other Shuoers. Might as well be a different brand.
😂 - I know dude! The configuration is a departure, tuning too! Hence why I said, tempting - will wait for HBB’s and others reviews before deciding. Pity (but support) you not getting one, after all, I got on the boat (short bus) checking your review and base off your ranking vs those I have heard so trust your feedback

Mar 3, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #3,120 of 3,872
Haha nice. I can say HBB got the 09s.. he tends to only want to give reviews to stand-out and excellent sets now and the 09 got no review.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back