Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 28, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #3,061 of 3,872
Thats a large error in marketing then as this I just copied from HifiGo announcement...

Schuoer EJ09 is the latest flagship pair of in-ear monitors to lead their product range with class. It comes as a direct upgrade to the EJ07. The EJ07 used to have a seven driver hybrid setup(Quad EST+10mm DD+Dual BA), the latest EJ09 features a premium 9 driver hybrid setup(5EST+3BA+1DD) on both sides. Users can choose between two different termination options while purchasing the EJ09, 3.5mm single-ended or 4.4mm balanced termination plugs. The EJ09 is available to pre-order from our store at a price of 1260$, the pair is available in 11 different faceplate options.

Features:-
>Premium Hybrid Driver Setup.

>Five ElectroStatic Drivers Each Side.

>Three Balanced Armature Drivers Each Side.

>One Dynamic Driver Unit.

>Custom Facepanel Options.

>Available in 3.5mm Single-ended/4.4mm Balanced termination options.

>2-Pin 0.78mm Connectors.

Flagship Performer:-
Carry your flagship-grade audio performance everywhere with you!!! The Shuoer EJ09 is a flagship-grade IEM with quality HiFi acoustic performance. The pair features premium ergonomic ear shells housing a 9-driver hybrid setup on each side. The pair performs exceptionally well with superb extensions at both ends, rich punchy bass, natural vocals, and an airy soundstage. Your music will not only sound detailed, but it will also sound lively, immersive, taking your musical experience to an all-new level.”

So we need clarification unless you guys already got some. Thats a huge mistatement for the price they are asking!

Jan 28, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #3,062 of 3,872
So we need clarification unless you guys already got some. Thats a huge mistatement for the price they are asking!
Given that I already have my set built and on the way, I'm pretty familiar with what's in there. It's 4x EST, 4x BA, 1x DD. Total of 9 drivers still. Confirmed by my Shuoer rep as well.

Not sure where Hifigo (and other sources) got their 5x EST idea from. Can't even get an odd-number electret from Sonion IIRC. Apparently the Sonion EST65SA01's are the single EST variant.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #3,063 of 3,872
Thats a large error in marketing then as this I just copied from HifiGo announcement...

Schuoer EJ09 is the latest flagship pair of in-ear monitors to lead their product range with class. It comes as a direct upgrade to the EJ07. The EJ07 used to have a seven driver hybrid setup(Quad EST+10mm DD+Dual BA), the latest EJ09 features a premium 9 driver hybrid setup(5EST+3BA+1DD) on both sides. Users can choose between two different termination options while purchasing the EJ09, 3.5mm single-ended or 4.4mm balanced termination plugs. The EJ09 is available to pre-order from our store at a price of 1260$, the pair is available in 11 different faceplate options.

Features:-
>Premium Hybrid Driver Setup.

>Five ElectroStatic Drivers Each Side.

>Three Balanced Armature Drivers Each Side.

>One Dynamic Driver Unit.

>Custom Facepanel Options.

>Available in 3.5mm Single-ended/4.4mm Balanced termination options.

>2-Pin 0.78mm Connectors.

Flagship Performer:-
Carry your flagship-grade audio performance everywhere with you!!! The Shuoer EJ09 is a flagship-grade IEM with quality HiFi acoustic performance. The pair features premium ergonomic ear shells housing a 9-driver hybrid setup on each side. The pair performs exceptionally well with superb extensions at both ends, rich punchy bass, natural vocals, and an airy soundstage. Your music will not only sound detailed, but it will also sound lively, immersive, taking your musical experience to an all-new level.”

Earlier in one of my posts you got to see the driver config diagram, 5EST was an obvious error and shocked how none of the shops picked it up... noted that Shuoer Ali site hasn’t list 09 yet, would be real interesting if that also shown 5EST :D

FJlabs was correct (me too asked Shuoer CS), it’s a 4EST, 1 Sonion BA for low-mids, 2x knowles BA for mid high/high,1x knowles BA for treble, 1xDD for bass...

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #3,065 of 3,872
Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #3,068 of 3,872
Does anyone know if the CIEM version will cost extra? It's not yet an option on Linsoul
09? From my discussions with Shuoer CS, if ordering CIEM the cost will be lower than converting an universal one. But yes there will be additional costs for CIEM. I believe something like $120?? Can’t remember now bbt something like that for EJ07, for 09 could be higher I was told as it’s much more complex with regard to the internals not not even everyone can get CIEM as depends on the size of one’s ear...

Edit: forgot to say, for CIEM you need to drop your requirements to Linsoul/DD/Ali who will then amend accordingly

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #3,072 of 3,872
Does anyone know if the CIEM version will cost extra? It's not yet an option on Linsoul
CIEM's for the 09 are likely not going to be released for the general public according to discussions with my Shuoer rep. There is a lot going on in the IEM, and fitting that into a custom shell for some people is going to be a challenge and not guaranteed to work. But, for reference, mine were more expensive—around 10% more.

09? From my discussions with Shuoer CS, if ordering CIEM the cost will be lower than converting an universal one. But yes there will be additional costs for CIEM. I believe something like $120?? Can’t remember now bbt something like that for EJ07, for 09 could be higher I was told as it’s much more complex with regard to the internals not not even everyone can get CIEM as depends on the size of one’s ear...

Edit: forgot to say, for CIEM you need to drop your requirements to Linsoul/DD/Ali who will then amend accordingly
You stole my answer right from under me!

@fjlabs should have his CIEM 09 soon if not already and I believe could be the first one outside China (or HBB) - hopefully he will share view when ready
UPS is slacking! The package was apparently given to UPS already, but it hasn't received an acceptance scan. -_- You bet I'm gonna go on a fairly lengthy rant review when I get them! I think they're gonna be awesome!

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #3,073 of 3,872
CIEM's for the 09 are likely not going to be released for the general public according to discussions with my Shuoer rep. There is a lot going on in the IEM, and fitting that into a custom shell for some people is going to be a challenge and not guaranteed to work. But, for reference, mine were more expensive—around 10% more.

You stole my answer right from under me!

UPS is slacking! The package was apparently given to UPS already, but it hasn't received an acceptance scan. -_- You bet I'm gonna go on a fairly lengthy rant review when I get them! I think they're gonna be awesome!
Thanks for the info! When you say there's a lot more going on the inside, are they large physically? Could potentially be a problem for some

Feb 2, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #3,074 of 3,872
Thanks for the info! When you say there's a lot more going on the inside, are they large physically? Could potentially be a problem for some
Nope, not physically larger by very much at all. Only thing is, they have 5 sound tubes with 4 bores. Depending on your canal size, it can be tough to fit all that in, without a plastic adapter piece before the nozzle. This isn't a problem for the universal, which appears to be around the same size as the 07's.

One of the main reasons they didn't go with clear (assuming here, my guy didn't confirm or deny this) is probably the adapter they are using is rather unsightly and not something you wanna see. (@Shuoer rep, msg me if you want me to take the image down lol)

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 12.10.05 PM.png

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #3,075 of 3,872
Wow excellent intel here! The adopter defi seemed interesting and you might get yourself into trouble :D

So can’t wait for your set to arrive! I was reframed from poking you over the weekend!! Shame still not scanned yet, I think could potentially due to Chinese New Year around the corner that couriers just super busy using up all the slots... fingers crossed won’t be long now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back