Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 17, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #2,596 of 3,872
In the little plastic case with the eartips, there's little mesh looking things. Are those for the earphone's nozzles? If so, that's pretty cool, then you can clean the nozzles separately from the IEM's for earwax buildup.

Also thanks for the quick review, pretty excited for my set to be shipped
yep. You get extra mesh for the nozzles, and a cleaning brush. Along with extra screws, which I guess can be tuned to modify the bass response. For me, the bass is just fine where it is so I have no desire to tinker with it.
It also comes with a case which probably has a cable in it. Didn't even bother opening it honestly... because this was a 2-pin set I already had some nice custom cables to pair this set with.

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:45 AM Post #2,597 of 3,872
yep. You get extra mesh for the nozzles, and a cleaning brush. Along with extra screws, which I guess can be tuned to modify the bass response. For me, the bass is just fine where it is so I have no desire to tinker with it.
It also comes with a case which probably has a cable in it. Didn't even bother opening it honestly... because this was a 2-pin set I already had some nice custom cables to pair this set with.
for the “poor” folks here waiting patiently for our sets, would you pls give the screw a go? There’s a change tool right can you try swap that and share how much more bass would give?

Also, would you mind fiddling a bit on the nozzle swap, do they provide a different damper set or just as the same shipped with? It’s amazing we can now change bass as well as nozzle damper which obviously will allow us different “tuning” effects!

From the pic I saw, the stock cable is a beautifully made one, of course will not be comparable to your custom 4.4...

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #2,598 of 3,872
That's awesome! Thanks!

Nov 17, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #2,599 of 3,872
for the “poor” folks here waiting patiently for our sets, would you pls give the screw a go? There’s a change tool right can you try swap that and share how much more bass would give?

Also, would you mind fiddling a bit on the nozzle swap, do they provide a different damper set or just as the same shipped with? It’s amazing we can now change bass as well as nozzle damper which obviously will allow us different “tuning” effects!

From the pic I saw, the stock cable is a beautifully made one, of course will not be comparable to your custom 4.4...
Yep, I just took the cable out. A nice 4-core 2.5mm balanced with a separate 3.5mm adapter. Feels well made (though the pins looks slightly bent based on my pic).
Ka11ZE8.jpg

Shouer really outdid themselves.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 5:03 AM Post #2,600 of 3,872
Tape pros are here -
6OaweQm.jpg

yTRINJT.jpg

KFCUQ6y.jpg

Quick & dirty impressions:
source: hifiman HM1000 red (dual PCM 1702 R2R DAC/Amp), custom litz SPC 4.4 balanced cable, azla xelastic tips
Bass: Very much present. I never owned the OG tape, but if the bass was tuned down for this model I reckon the OG tape would be too much. The bass response is excellent, if not a tad slow on the decay for me. Keep in mind however I have a warm source. So someone using a more neutral source would likely have a difference experience with the bass. Suffice to say, bass is good though a tad flabby, without managing to bleed into the mids.
mids: forward. Very forward. But very much clear and detailed. I guess OG tape required some EQ to reduce a harsh peak. No need here. It's got smooth, detailed mids with a natural timbre. Though the forwardness leads to what I feel is flat imaging that takes some of the immersiveness away. But this is a $120 product, and my benchmark is the uber holographic EJ07. This isn't a replacement for that set.
treble: very well tuned. Tight and just a hint of sparkle, though I would describe it on the slightly relaxed side. This is my preference though again, this is apparently the OG tape had a very pronounced treble energy. On this one I feel it's tuned just right enough that you can listen for hours without fatigue, but not worry about lost detail.

Overall: Crazy good value for $120. It's expertly tuned. Pronounced bass, forward mids, relaxed-ish but detailed treble. Only complaint is due to the forwardness, the tape presents no sense of depth or height in the imaging department. You can still pinpoint detail, but it's not "special" in any sort of way that the EJ07 or other higher priced sets.
But for what it is, it's probably one of the best values in the under $300 category. It easily beats my $300 T800.
Thanks for this, now I gotta decide on this and the NM2+ any idea? Want something with a balanced or flat sound signature

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #2,601 of 3,872
Thanks for this, now I gotta decide on this and the NM2+ any idea? Want something with a balanced or flat sound signature
Just FYI, the NM2+ is very well balanced in its tuning, but doesn’t have a flat or very neutral signature. There is a mid bass boost and an upper midrange boost.

Edit: More articulately put ⬇. Yes, it is not colored sounding, just not strictly neutral.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #2,602 of 3,872
IMO the NM2+ is an excellent IEM, very monitoring, analytical but still with musicality, it has a very slight bass boost and prominent upper mids, but the former for the sake of body and the latter for the sake of clarity, I don't find the sound colored at all.

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:16 AM Post #2,604 of 3,872
Shuoer Tape EQ:

low shelf: 45hz, Q: 0.8, Gain: 1.5dB

Peak EQ: 120hz, Q:2.2, Gain: -3dB

Peak EQ: 1350hz, Q:1.5, Gain: 2dB

Peak EQ: 3500hz, Q:2.3, Gain -4.5dB

Peak EQ: 6000hz, Q: 2.9, Gain: -2dB

Peak EQ: 8000hz, Q:3.0, Gain: -1dB

High Shelf: 10 000hz, Q:1.1, Gain: 2dB

Please try this preset if you have the Tape, I like this better than the Oratory1990 preset. (This is my own preset.) :smile:
No rush (as LSoul may not have shipped your pre-order yet), but I’ll be curious to see your comparison of the Pro’s new tuning, compared to your EQ settings on the original Tape.

Nov 17, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #2,605 of 3,872
No rush (as LSoul may not have shipped your pre-order yet), but I’ll be curious to see your comparison of the Pro’s new tuning, compared to your EQ settings on the original Tape.
Yeah, I messaged them today and they havent shipped it yet.

I might compare it with both the stock original tape and with my EQ preset on it.

Nov 17, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #2,608 of 3,872
Kind of disapointing to hear abut the average soundstage. I'm still waiting for a good under $200 IEM with good timbre and excelent soundstage
NM2+

Users who are viewing this thread

Back