Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 12, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #2,566 of 3,872
I just discovered that I can unscrew the sound hose on the tape, why is this a feature?
Seems later batches of the original tape has that feature. My tape does not and I think mine is the first batch.

Nov 12, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #2,568 of 3,872
"Seems later batches of the original tape has that feature"

I guess that is neat for cleaning, now I can throw just the hoses into hydrogen peroxide
Watch out, you may weaken or dissolve the glue holding the grilles in place in the nozzles.
It might be worth having some sort of solution in place to re-secure grilles.
I keep meaning to try replacing my stock grilles with wire screens.
I knocked one of mine out of the nozzle by accident while experimenting with damping inside the nozzle, and it hasn't gone back as securely as the other one, but it's OK, it doesn't fall out, and if it were to, I'm hoping that the ear tip would catch it before it goes anywhere.
It's not the end of the world, just be aware that it might happen, and you'll have to do something about it!

Nov 14, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #2,575 of 3,872
Indeed, I’m one who’s very jealous, used to be in SZ almost every month with biz trip never made any use of the IEM offering... I can’t even go get my impression scan done as London in yet another lockdown, will definitely go CIEM EJ07/ EJ07 Pro.

And my mate was busy when the preorder window came out that he didn’t order early enough, now don’t know when my order will be shipped, and I’ll still have to wait for him to send me via dhl...

We look forward to hearing your view! @Hisma

However, as an EJ owner, despite the improvements made to Tape Pro, guess I won’t be listening to it too much

Nov 14, 2020 at 6:32 AM Post #2,576 of 3,872
Indeed, I’m one who’s very jealous, used to be in SZ almost every month with biz trip never made any use of the IEM offering... I can’t even go get my impression scan done as London in yet another lockdown, will definitely go CIEM EJ07/ EJ07 Pro.

And my mate was busy when the preorder window came out that he didn’t order early enough, now don’t know when my order will be shipped, and I’ll still have to wait for him to send me via dhl...

We look forward to hearing your view! @Hisma

However, as an EJ owner, despite the improvements made to Tape Pro, guess I won’t be listening to it too much
It's a huge advantage being here. I got impressions done earlier this week from a local IEM maker that builds CIEMs. Small operation, but they did a very professional job, going as far as to take 2 impressions on each ear to ensure there wasn't any significant variation. I was able to have them send the impressions (w/ my EJ07s) over to shuoer directly. Turn around time to have my EJ07 CIEMs in-hand should be within a week to week and a half... for a hand-made custom set!

I bought the tapes honestly to show further support to such a great company, and to have a backup beater pair of IEMs in case my EJ07 unavailable for some reason (like getting reshelled in this case), or just wanting to experience some different tuning. I probably won't use it much either, but let's see... maybe it will really impress me.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2020 at 7:29 AM Post #2,577 of 3,872
It's a huge advantage being here. I got impressions done earlier this week from a local IEM maker that builds CIEMs. Small operation, but they did a very professional job, going as far as to take 2 impressions on each ear to ensure there wasn't any significant variation. I was able to have them send the impressions (w/ my EJ07s) over to shuoer directly. Turn around time to have my EJ07 CIEMs in-hand should be within a week to week and a half... for a hand-made custom set!

I bought the tapes honestly to show further support to such a great company, and to have a backup beater pair of IEMs in case my EJ07 unavailable for some reason (like getting reshelled in this case), or just wanting to experience some different tuning. I probably won't use it much either, but let's see... maybe it will really impress me.
Damn man I’m really jealous now ❤️😂😂!! Wish I can get my impression in London next Month once open up again and reshell my EJ too!!! (Such huge costs in shipping due to the bloody COVID at the moment don’t think will go thru such so will wait for the EJ Pro). Did you get to choose different faceplate?

Yes I did it exactly same as you, to show my support to them (my backup would be either EJ07 Pro or Conductor)...these guys really do try go out of their way to satisfy our request where possible

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #2,579 of 3,872
I ordered Tape Pro from Linsoul through Amazon and was told in advertisements there it would ship on 11th. Still not shipped as of 14th and email back and forth got me nowhere. Not holding my breath for these and I’m not surprised as Linsoul have not been reliable for me over the years. I’m a fan of all things Shuoer so I’m excited but not holding my breath because of vendor I had to settle on.

Nov 14, 2020 at 8:30 PM Post #2,580 of 3,872
I ordered Tape Pro from Linsoul through Amazon and was told in advertisements there it would ship on 11th. Still not shipped as of 14th and email back and forth got me nowhere. Not holding my breath for these and I’m not surprised as Linsoul have not been reliable for me over the years. I’m a fan of all things Shuoer so I’m excited but not holding my breath because of vendor I had to settle on.
They're slammed with 11-11 sales and preorders for multiple popular IEMs. I don't think the advertisement was that they would definitely ship on 11-11, but rather that was the date orders would begin to ship. Also keep in mind Linsoul is often late updating tracking status as they do it by hand, it is possible the IEMs have shipped already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back