Shuoer impressions thread
Nov 5, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #2,522 of 3,872
Is the Tape pro's treble rolled off? I love the treble from Tape, hoping the pro is not a very dark iem

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #2,523 of 3,872
Is the Tape pro's treble rolled off? I love the treble from Tape, hoping the pro is not a very dark iem
From BGGAR's graph, the treble is indeed toned down quite a bit. I don't know that the graph looks dark per se though. Just a more balanced tuning.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #2,524 of 3,872

I think here we may be looking into the Fletcher Munson Curve situation which illustrates an interesting phenomenon of human hearing.

When listening to music through your IEMs.

As the actual loudness changes, the perceived loudness our brains hear will change at a different rate, depending on the frequency.

At low listening volumes – mid range frequencies sound more prominent, while the low and high frequency ranges seem to fall into the background. At high listening volumes – the lows and highs sound more prominent, while the mid range seems comparatively softer.

in reality, the overall tonal balance of the sound remains the same, no matter what the listening volume.

Now looking at Tape Pro’s graph it is arguably superior to the original Tape by vast margin and I feel that many people now can comfortably listen to the Pro with slightly higher volume than the original version which prevented loud SPL by super shouty upper mids.

This in turn, will balance out slightly lower top and bottom amplitude as you will be perceived to hear more top and bottom ends with slightly louder volume level.

I highly doubt that you would feel its high rolled off.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #2,525 of 3,872
I think here we may be looking into the Fletcher Munson Curve situation which illustrates an interesting phenomenon of human hearing.

As the actual loudness changes, the perceived loudness our brains hear will change at a different rate, depending on the frequency.

At low listening volumes – mid range frequencies sound more prominent, while the low and high frequency ranges seem to fall into the background. At high listening volumes – the lows and highs sound more prominent, while the mid range seems comparatively softer.

in reality, the overall tonal balance of the sound remains the same, no matter what the listening volume.

Now looking at Tape Pro’s graph it is arguably superior to the original Tape by vast margin and I feel that many people now can comfortably listen to the Pro with slightly higher volume than the original version which prevented loud SPL by super shouty upper mids.

This in turn, will balance out slightly lower top and bottom amplitude as you will be perceived to hear more top and bottom ends with slightly louder volume level.

That and since the bass is also lowered, it will balance itself out overall. Although with the bass boost config it might be a warmer iem than the original tape but I doubt it be considered dark.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #2,526 of 3,872
Cumulatively, the midrange looks to be much improved and not very recessed like the original.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #2,527 of 3,872
Cumulatively, the midrange looks to be much improved and not very recessed like the original.
An indirect effect of lowering both mids and treble.

Nov 5, 2020 at 7:54 PM Post #2,528 of 3,872

That's intresting, sure makes sense!
Thankyou for detailing it out @tgx78
Much appreciated

Nov 5, 2020 at 8:01 PM Post #2,529 of 3,872

thank you for this detail. i am new to this world of audiophiles so it is very interesting to learn. thank you.

Nov 6, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #2,533 of 3,872
I was more curious compared to the LZ a7

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #2,534 of 3,872
Does anyone have a comparison between the shuoer tape pro and the nf audio nm2+? I wanted to get some insight before i place my order for 11.11

Are detail retrievals better on the newer shuoer tape pro? I was looking for a step up from my it00, i love them for the fun sound sig, but i guess im looking for something more neutral with better details and imagine

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #2,535 of 3,872
Does anyone have a comparison between the shuoer tape pro and the nf audio nm2+? I wanted to get some insight before i place my order for 11.11

Are detail retrievals better on the newer shuoer tape pro? I was looking for a step up from my it00, i love them for the fun sound sig, but i guess im looking for something more neutral with better details and imagine
As the mere mortals don’t have the Tape Pro yet there are no comparisons right now. It will ship from 11.11 so comparisons will come after 11.11.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back