Shuoer impressions thread
Sep 14, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #2,311 of 3,872
But that bone conductor...😁

Seriously, would that not compensate enough for no DD or BA?
From limited research I found, BC is just the icing on the cake not the main dish? At least not able to replace the sweet beautiful mids good BAs can do.

Sadly due to the size limitation (we don’t want an open-can right as we into IEMs) that driver tech all have respective prons / cons. So the clever souls mix nicely different drivers are the winner in the rabbit hole race :)

I have Tape and loved it, way more than my 846. But EJ07 completely blown it away so much so that it’s just shouty to my ears now (initially didn’t agree with crinacle rating and now I realised why he gave it Shouty comments)

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #2,312 of 3,872
From limited research I found, BC is just the icing on the cake not the main dish? At least not able to replace the sweet beautiful mids good BAs can do.

Sadly due to the size limitation (we don’t want an open-can right as we into IEMs) that driver tech all have respective prons / cons. So the clever souls mix nicely different drivers are the winner in the rabbit hole race :)

I have Tape and loved it, way more than my 846. But EJ07 completely blown it away so much so that it’s just shouty to my ears now (initially didn’t agree with crinacle rating and now I realised why he gave it Shouty comments)
I suppose I could just EQ down the bass (heretic!! Burn...) of an EJ or Monarch? Can I do that with Tidal HiFi out of my phone? Does any of that even make sense?

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #2,313 of 3,872

I hear you about Tape and EJ but the low end...I just dunno about that.

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #2,314 of 3,872
I suppose I could just EQ down the bass (heretic!! Burn...) of an EJ or Monarch? Can I do that with Tidal HiFi out of my phone? Does any of that even make sense?
Nah man if you just choose a eartip that is reducing bass then you all set? For example those Xelastic I been told they are big need one size down so gone for SM boom a little small for me and bass is not as heavy...

@redrol said one set of his ej got too much bass whilst another too little, his first set was perfect.

And someone else has to have his EJ adjusted by Shuoer as too little bass? Not sure if there’s a QA issue or just our own preference? I’m more mids/treble guy so bass for me is just right if my both sets of EJs

Edit: of course you can EQ via apps etc. but it’s really up to you, I hate fiddle thru per song hence no eq for me :D

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #2,315 of 3,872
I was thinking 2DD + Planar + Quad EST + Bone Conduction driver = TOTL???? lol
I would like to see a DD - Planar - DD setup. Basically, an arrangement like the IER-Z1R, but with a planar instead of a BA for midrange.

Sep 14, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #2,317 of 3,872
I like seeing all these unique driver configs too. I still wonder/worry about cohesiveness due to that variety. IOW, I'm as interested in hearing about cross-over tech as I am driver tech.
Exactly! That’s why I would think DD bass, Planar mids, DD treble (super tweeter) would be a bit easier to blend well compared to 4 different driver technologies. That being said, the cohesiveness of the MEST is excellent.

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #2,318 of 3,872
Nah man if you just choose a eartip that is reducing bass then you all set? For example those Xelastic I been told they are big need one size down so gone for SM boom a little small for me and bass is not as heavy...

@redrol said one set of his ej got too much bass whilst another too little, his first set was perfect.

And someone else has to have his EJ adjusted by Shuoer as too little bass? Not sure if there’s a QA issue or just our own preference? I’m more mids/treble guy so bass for me is just right if my both sets of EJs

Edit: of course you can EQ via apps etc. but it’s really up to you, I hate fiddle thru per song hence no eq for me :D
I'm laughing my ass off! I can barely figure out a good fit with tips never mind changing the sound signature. Yikes...

Ruh Roh...now there's QC issues with EJ?

Shhhhh...dont be starting rumours.

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #2,319 of 3,872

Redrol, I will take your "too little" set!!

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #2,320 of 3,872
I'm laughing my ass off! I can barely figure out a good fit with tips never mind changing the sound signature. Yikes...

Ruh Roh...now there's QC issues with EJ?

Shhhhh...dont be starting rumours.
Hahaha a proper seal is critical - just try go different ones and smaller ones and you will see. It’s not snake oil I promise!

Well early batches of EJs seemed had issues but I don’t think latter ones do, at least shouldn’t be. Both my sets sound exactly the same to each other.

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #2,322 of 3,872
Hahaha a proper seal is critical - just try go different ones and smaller ones and you will see. It’s not snake oil I promise!

Well early batches of EJs seemed had issues but I don’t think latter ones do, at least shouldn’t be. Both my sets sound exactly the same to each other.
I got the fit licked. New Bee rocks!

Good to know about EJ.

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #2,324 of 3,872
Redrol, I will take your "too little" set!!
Dude, that is my 'Golden' set. I prefer being able to add in some bass if necessary (Brain is in Party mode :D) but keep it clean and pure for most critical listening.

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #2,325 of 3,872
Dude, that is my 'Golden' set. I prefer being able to add in some bass if necessary (Brain is in Party mode :D) but keep it clean and pure for most critical listening.
Finally someone who speaks my language!😁

I thought everyone who listens to iems was a raised by dance club operators.

There is hope for me. According to a BGGAR video, Conductor might be MY Golden set. He said it might be good for...jazz! 🥰

Maybe even classical???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back