Shuoer impressions thread
Sep 10, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #2,281 of 3,872
Yep, the BC needs max contact surface to work the magic best. Have you made up your mind which IEM to go for yet? Perhaps wait for new Shuoer flagship :D ? End of year these Chi-fi manufacturers seemed releasing new products! I’m excited yet worried (of buying more :) )
I ordered the UIEM MEST. I’m still to hesitant to get another CIEM. I think my ear anatomy is not conducive to getting a stable seal with a rigid CIEM.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #2,282 of 3,872
I ordered the UIEM MEST. I’m still to hesitant to get another CIEM. I think my ear anatomy is not conducive to getting a stable seal with a rigid CIEM.
Wow! Congrats man!! Do share your feedback upon receiving it - yep if both Michael and Chris agree with the hype (real) then must be THE one. I think you made a good call here, had I not got myself 2 EJs, I might consider too. But I love them so much, will be hard to let go...

I’ll continue enjoying my EJs for now and see where the end of year leads us to! Maybe I’ll go with CIEM MEST too or MEST PRO. :D

Sep 10, 2020 at 8:10 PM Post #2,283 of 3,872
I’ll continue enjoying my EJs
Please do!:ksc75smile:
If you look at redrol‘s chart, the MEST is barely above the EJ07, and the EJ07 is better in some aspects.

Sep 11, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #2,284 of 3,872
Hey fellas. I just recently got a iBasso DX160. Turns out i got a 4.4 balanced cable that didnt really fit my EJ07 well.. kind of tight, so I didn't try EJ until last night. You might be saying oh, I bet he is gonna rec the DX160 + EJ07... but you would be dead wrong. These 2 things sound bad together. There is bad synergy.

So I figured I would recommend what the EJ loves, and by that I mean it is SHOCKINGLY good and synergistic.

I'll list the things we need for proper EJ blast capacity.

Xduoo 05+
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xduoo-xd-05-plus/

Muses02 Opamp to replace the stock OPA1612
https://www.njr.com/MUSES/series/MUSES02.html
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/njr-corporation-njrc/MUSES02/MUSES02-ND/2202386

*note, do NOT get a Muses02 off ebay or the chances it is fake are extremely high. It should cost around $45

Now you might say, well, thats nice, Im sure Redrol likes his funny little amp device. But turns out tons of folks noticed I was rocking this rig and the EJ and decided that since I may not be completely deaf, they wanted to try the combo. One by one people are crapping their pants and flipping out in funny ways.

:)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #2,285 of 3,872
Hahaha well found experiment dude!

I will let other better positioned to comment on device, as I only use Apple Music (tried Tidal Loselss can’t tell difference!) So, I enjoyed EJ with AK XB10, then Q1 II, and Q5s, wire wise Q5s gave best details, volume and dynamics but now I’m deeply enjoying Bluetooth via CF01!:sweat_smile:

Without wire life is soooo much better, and despite its been found CF01 has output set at 20ohm I actually prefer the sound out of it than all above other DACs... just my silly ears I guess :D

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #2,286 of 3,872
Dude thats super interesting!!
The Xduoo has multiple gain modes, and I tested the output impedance. Turns out the medium gain which is about 2-3ohm sounds best and low gain which is about .4ohm sounds slightly less good.

Synergy!!! Hell of a thing.

Sep 11, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #2,287 of 3,872
Dude thats super interesting!!
The Xduoo has multiple gain modes, and I tested the output impedance. Turns out the medium gain which is about 2-3ohm sounds best and low gain which is about .4ohm sounds slightly less good.

Synergy!!! Hell of a thing.
Absolutely! I can’t listen long if I turn of high gain on the Q5s, fatigue sets in quickly... in low gain I simply turn up volume :D :)

On CF01, I have to set on full volume!

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #2,288 of 3,872
Crinacle was experimenting with impedance adapters on the TA Monarch, and found that it sounds good with the 20 Ohm. It would be really nice if he experimented with other IEMs and graphed it. I would really like to know how the EJ07 and MEST respond to increased impedance.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:33 PM Post #2,289 of 3,872
The reason that worked is because of the Monarch's non-standard / special Impedance curve. Other IEMs will not react the same or even close.

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #2,291 of 3,872
Hey fellas. I just recently got a iBasso DX160. Turns out i got a 4.4 balanced cable that didnt really fit my EJ07 well.. kind of tight, so I didn't try EJ until last night. You might be saying oh, I bet he is gonna rec the DX160 + EJ07... but you would be dead wrong. These 2 things sound bad together. There is bad synergy.

So I figured I would recommend what the EJ loves, and by that I mean it is SHOCKINGLY good and synergistic.

I'll list the things we need for proper EJ blast capacity.

Xduoo 05+
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xduoo-xd-05-plus/

Muses02 Opamp to replace the stock OPA1612
https://www.njr.com/MUSES/series/MUSES02.html
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/njr-corporation-njrc/MUSES02/MUSES02-ND/2202386

*note, do NOT get a Muses02 off ebay or the chances it is fake are extremely high. It should cost around $45

Now you might say, well, thats nice, Im sure Redrol likes his funny little amp device. But turns out tons of folks noticed I was rocking this rig and the EJ and decided that since I may not be completely deaf, they wanted to try the combo. One by one people are crapping their pants and flipping out in funny ways.

:)
This has me curious now. Can you explain the differences you hear with the dx160 vs xduoo 05+

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:15 PM Post #2,292 of 3,872
The Hiby impedance adapter 4.4mm to 4.4mm 20ohms paired really nice with Ej07 and Conductor. The sounds really clear and bass and sub bass are more pronounced.
Wooow prob why then CF01 with 20ohm sounds better on the EJ07s than using Q5s?!
Did you try yourself and would you mind sharing the two main differences between those two Shuoer flagships? So far only really @redrol published an in-depth A/Bs, although I love that review, will be great to hear a different prospect :)

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #2,293 of 3,872

I’m not sure why but using my EJ07 with the stock cable on my DX160 2020 sounds fine to me. When I read your post I immediately hooked it up and listened for issues, finding none. I’m not trying to tick you off or anything but they sound fine on mine. There is probably a simple reason but beats me why that is. Different ears maybe? Older ears(62yo) here?

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:03 PM Post #2,295 of 3,872
Upon having a close looked at both physical DD drivers, on the left the EJ07 has thicker DD driver, on the right Conductor has thinner DD driver. The EJ07 has less impactful bass, more rumble. The Conductor has more impactful bass less rumble.

EJ07 and Conductor drivers.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back