Shuoer impressions thread
Sep 9, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #2,266 of 3,872
With the release of hybrids from ThieAudio (I have nothing against them, V14 very cool headphones, detailed bass gun) and UM MEST, we somehow forgot about EJ07. And I will most likely make my choice in favor of them. I feel like these are really cool headphones. I will take them blindly, without listening to them. The dollar against the ruble is only growing like a mushroom in the rain.

Sep 9, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #2,267 of 3,872
With the release of hybrids from ThieAudio (I have nothing against them, V14 very cool headphones, detailed bass gun) and UM MEST, we somehow forgot about EJ07. And I will most likely make my choice in favor of them. I feel like these are really cool headphones. I will take them blindly, without listening to them. The dollar against the ruble is only growing like a mushroom in the rain.
I know! At the time I bought EJ, Thieaudio flagships were also just being introduced and I searched extensively back then leading to decide with the EJ. My gut feeling would be initially they probably were not that greatly tuned and after collected feedback and made adjustments they become great (my personal imagination and even if indeed is true, nothing wrong in doing so either).

Ej still is a great set IEM, but yes it’s $150 more than Clair and if someone like BGGAR rate it above EJ then no brainer to go for the Clair for sure. For this matter, Monarch too. My guess is that the ThieAudios are both with 1set of EST drivers (1 set 2 drivers), but EJ/ST etc. deploying 2 sets hence 4drivers. I did some research apparently they are not very powerful (understandable as lacking the proper high vol ), 2 might just not enough output pressure? Anyways, I really want to meet up with owners so can do some A/Bs! They are all great sounding IEMs.

As regards to MEST, it was introduced back in Nov 2019 in Shanghai Audio show but obviously just made the wave serious enough now people fell for it - it’s over my budget initially (as I did splash on two EJs after all), I will try to listen to it at some stage and decide whether to let go one set of my EJs and gone for a CIEM version of MEST or not. Great days for consumers I’d say, and more new flagships coming that we all can find our own right sets. :)

Sep 9, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #2,268 of 3,872
Thinking that because one reviewer prefers one IEM over another does not make it true that one is BETTER for everyone.

I have talked to folks and while the Thie's are amazing they have a flat 2D'ish stage. EJ has the opposite. These are not comparable

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #2,272 of 3,872
I am enjoying the MEST and the EJ07. Quite interesting. MEST and EJ07 have great bass. The MEST feels smoother or refined on its tuning. My EJ07 has 50 hrs of burn in, the MEST is still in low 10's so need a bit more time. EJ07 feels like a closer soundstage (intimate) while MEST feels wider. Guitars riff feel much more detailed on the MEST at least for the current songs.

20200909_220852.jpg

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #2,273 of 3,872
I am enjoying the MEST and the EJ07. Quite interesting. MEST and EJ07 have great bass. The MEST feels smoother or refined on its tuning. My EJ07 has 50 hrs of burn in, the MEST is still in low 10's so need a bit more time. EJ07 feels like a closer soundstage (intimate) while MEST feels wider. Guitars riff feel much more detailed on the MEST at least for the current songs.

20200909_220852.jpg
Wow! Someone too has these two bad boys! Share further A/Bs, will be great to hear more how they compare. Is your MEST universal or CIEM

You don’t happen to own any Thie’s two flagships & able to share some feedback :) ? As an owner of the amazing EJ07s, will be great to hear where else can be even better (my ear/brain not very great hence will the improvements be obvious enough I wonder)

Sep 10, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #2,275 of 3,872
Thinking that because one reviewer prefers one IEM over another does not make it true that one is BETTER for everyone.

I have talked to folks and while the Thie's are amazing they have a flat 2D'ish stage. EJ has the opposite. These are not comparable
Very true. Newer is not always better, most likely its just different, and we all have our own preferences. Even if a newer item is almost universally considered to be better, it doesn’t mean what you have is any less good,

Does the MEST have a 3D’ish stage? I hope so.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #2,277 of 3,872
Thanks bud watched on the day you released it! Great stuff as always! Are you moving towards CIEM version?
It‘s interesting how differently the CIEM MEST measured and sounded, per Crin.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:06 PM Post #2,278 of 3,872
It‘s interesting how differently the CIEM MEST measured and sounded, per Crin.
Yep, the BC needs max contact surface to work the magic best. Have you made up your mind which IEM to go for yet? Perhaps wait for new Shuoer flagship :D ? End of year these Chi-fi manufacturers seemed releasing new products! I’m excited yet worried (of buying more :) )

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #2,279 of 3,872
Very true. Newer is not always better, most likely its just different, and we all have our own preferences. Even if a newer item is almost universally considered to be better, it doesn’t mean what you have is any less good,

Does the MEST have a 3D’ish stage? I hope so.
Absolutely YES!!! This is its special quality while also being OCD detail lovely.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:16 PM Post #2,280 of 3,872
Thanks bud watched on the day you released it! Great stuff as always! Are you moving towards CIEM version?

Thanks man!! I appreicate the kind words. I am moving towards the CIEM version. MEST has been sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back