Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 22, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #1,336 of 3,872
Huh. I reckon the newer version comes with a balanced cable like mine did. I ordered directly via China though back in end of November.
Could it be the newest version has gone back to the unbalanced cable? I got mine from Japanese warehouse couple of days ago and shipped few days before

Jan 22, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #1,337 of 3,872
Could it be the newest version has gone back to the unbalanced cable? I got mine from Japanese warehouse couple of days ago and shipped few days before
Let me check the original brown box it came with. I'll report back with a photo of the sticker.
I think that it's also unlikely as the newer Singer comes with a balanced cable as well.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 5:43 AM Post #1,338 of 3,872
I also want to report that the stock 2.5 to 3.5 adapter my tape came with is absolutely hot garbage to the point it should not be used, at all. It looks like a cheap adapter that could be found for $1-2.
It adds a ton of sibilance and the peak is also harsher. I used the same adapter with ca polaris which made it sibilant.
The Singer comes with a beautiful adapter which looks high quality. So I'm guessing they knew the tape's adapter was crap.
Now I've ordered a new MMCX to 3.5 cable.

However there is this strangest thing, I've ran the Tape on 2.5 out via Hiby R6, it took me upto 60 steps of volume to get to a good listening volume and I could push higher still. But using it on 3.5 out with the stock adapter doesn't make me feel comfortable to raise the volume, like at all. Using it on 3.5mm out with adapter on Xduoo Link which is rated 32mW@32ohm I never push the volume more than 20% of the full power.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #1,339 of 3,872
Let me check the original brown box it came with. I'll report back with a photo of the sticker.
I think that it's also unlikely as the newer Singer comes with a balanced cable as well.
Thanks! Ill wait then!:)

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #1,341 of 3,872
I ordered mine in the 13/11 from Ali and this is what I got with no issues yet:
ED611AFC-6125-452E-AC82-069B9E2A0360.jpeg

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #1,345 of 3,872
Here are my first impressions of the Shuoer Singer. For the sake of clarity, it is not a single driver. It is an 8mm dynamic + their "electrostatic" tweeter.

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:36 AM Post #1,347 of 3,872
Here are my first impressions of the Shuoer Singer. For the sake of clarity, it is not a single driver. It is an 8mm dynamic + their "electrostatic" tweeter.

Gotta be honest....I really like your presentation style. I really like how you listen and explain what you are listening to, and describe the experience using clear, intelligent audiophile language. Not many people can or do do that. I would just be very careful about modulating your surprise and or tone when praising some aspect....try and remain neutral. People trust neutral; "fangirling", as you yourself said, raises suspicion in an arena where we have good reason to distrust lots of reviewers.

Keep up the good work!

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #1,348 of 3,872
Those still using the Tape, what are you using to power them?

I'm currently listening to mine out of a JDS Labs Element II and the soundstaging, speed, transparency and extension is superb on them. The peak they have in the upper mids isn't bothering me too much and they sound really impressive when fed some Slipknot :metal:

Shuoer Tape.jpg

Jan 23, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #1,349 of 3,872
I can't bear anymore, everytime I laugh to myself
I thought they are using brand SHUOER , sounded like german-ish brand or something and realizes since @Hisma pointed out that actually they are SHUO ER which are chinese of ears.
they are 2 words SHUO-ER and really different pronunciation from 1 word SHUOER (like shure, suuree etc) :laughing:

and anyone have FR graph for the singer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back