Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 20, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,321 of 3,872
Just tested shuoer singer and can confirm that sound is more dark and bass is stronger. Positive thing they are not so "shouty" as tapes. Good for bass heads. Details are quite similar but sound stage is far from older brother. Personally I stick to tapes ( already had the issue with.moisture condensation ) next purchase - BQEYZ spring 1 and TRI I3 referring to positive reviews.

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #1,322 of 3,872
Just tested shuoer singer and can confirm that sound is more dark and bass is stronger. Positive thing they are not so "shouty" as tapes. Good for bass heads. Details are quite similar but sound stage is far from older brother. Personally I stick to tapes ( already had the issue with.moisture condensation ) next purchase - BQEYZ spring 1 and TRI I3 referring to positive reviews.

how is the impression if you use the other filter pair ?

Jan 20, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #1,323 of 3,872
I didn't check them. Unfortunately they are much different than tapes so I sent them back next day. I forgot to mention that the noise is more present when music fade away. I'm not audiophile but expect more for 60£
( F.Audio X03 ,AK4493EQ)

If you know similar earph. (Tapes) with wide soundstage and details I would appreciate any advice

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #1,324 of 3,872
I've read about this before in this thread, tried it myself and I must say the really high peaks of the Tape are gone! Very pleasant to listen to now, even the tracks I couldn't stand listening to before with the Tape.

I've bought a tripple set of Ostry OS100, OS200 and OS300 tips on Aliexpress, just for the included filters. I find the tips themselves mediocre so I'm not gonna use them.
I removed the filter by pushing it out from the back, and inserted the filter in a Symbio W Peel size large (also from the back towards the tip).
The filter fits perfectly and is very easy to do with most other tips, for now I tried the OS200 (red filters), later on I will try the OS100 and OS300 filter as well.

ijD6Tar.jpg

Have you tried the other ones?
I'm pretty curious about the results!

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #1,327 of 3,872

those curves look nice, less peaky

do you sense any losses in detail, separation ? more recessed parts ?

or is it actually better and easier to listen to on higher volumes ?

this might actually be even easier than using microtape mod - since I guess, I didn't get the right type one and it might swallow a few details for me

Nicehck NX7 FTW !

Which ones do you recommend ? the black ones ? red ones ?

Jan 21, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #1,328 of 3,872
Have you tried the other ones?
I'm pretty curious about the results!
OK, I did compare the 3 types of filters today.

Ostry OS200 (Red): I listened to this yesterday already for about 3 hours so I know I liked them. High peaks are being tempered the most with these.
Ostry OS100 (Blue): Removes the least amount of high peaks, better than without a filter but still to much high peaks for me. Least favorite option for me.
Ostry OS300 (Black): The perfect middle option, it removes a bit less of the high peaks making it sound more open/natural.

Still switching between red and black, but so far I think the black filters will become my favorite out of the three. :thumbsup:

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #1,329 of 3,872
As suggested, I returned back my first version of Tape to the seller, fearing they will fail some day (they were working great, except for the MMCX connector issue).
Supplier resend me new tape highlighting that is the new version with supposedly quality issues solved.
Now don’t know how much is the truth, will find out soon.
Cable is same unbalanced 3.5.
Meanwhile the box it came with is this, for reference.

0E6081D6-BBD0-4081-98AE-1D8E01704445.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,330 of 3,872
As suggested, I returned back my first version of Tape to the seller, fearing they will fail some day (they were working great, except for the MMCX connector issue).
Supplier resend me new tape highlighting that is the new version with supposedly quality issues solved.
Now don’t know how much is the truth, will find out soon.
Cable is same unbalanced 3.5.
Meanwhile the box it came with is this, for reference.

New sticker????

Jan 21, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #1,333 of 3,872
I was being sarcastic that the only thing they changed was the sticker.
Mine have still been working fine.
Ahaha! Understood, well yes there are basically the same, same position of the vent hole and same old 3.5 unbalanced cable.
So I’m wondering if this is a new version for real or not...

Jan 21, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #1,334 of 3,872
Customer service told me that they are not aware of any problem with shuoer tape. I reckon we need to just wait for release of v2.0 for now I can see on AliExpress they dropped price to 88£ from 110£ probably they want to get rid of as much as they can.

Jan 22, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #1,335 of 3,872
Ahaha! Understood, well yes there are basically the same, same position of the vent hole and same old 3.5 unbalanced cable.
So I’m wondering if this is a new version for real or not...
Huh. I reckon the newer version comes with a balanced cable like mine did. I ordered directly via China though back in end of November.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back