Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 25, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #1,366 of 3,872
I got the EJ07 for for a trial period and I gotta say, Better than the Moondrop A8 and S8. It took me a bit to find the best pairing which is an Xduoo 05+ with a Muse 02 opamp. I nearly made myself deaf after i hit this combo. Turning up to insane 120+db levels. EJ07 sounds absolutely bonkers good. It's visceral at these volumes. I absolutely love this IEM. I was playing some dueling female vocalists, actually this track

Nearly had an orgasm and had to go smoke a cigarette. I mean the track is pretty cool but the 2 females singing into opposite ears made me flip out. EJ07 is the real deal and imo TOTL.

nice. what tips/cable? All stock?

Jan 25, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #1,367 of 3,872
nice. what tips/cable? All stock?

Large Comply ISO: IMG_20200125_083330.jpg

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #1,369 of 3,872
if you have better cables around, try changing out the stock one, it's not that good. Depending on how you feel about the treble, you can improve it over stock by going with a pure silver cable.

I dont play the cable game. Thanks though!

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #1,371 of 3,872
Hey folks does anybody have impressions on the Singer? I’m considering it but like mentioned above there are few posts regarding it. Is it a pass?
Does it best the Tape?

I have the H27 by the way and absolutely love it, very neutral but with perfect low end for me......it drips with detail, the DD and 2 Knowles are tuned extremely well I think.
So is the Singer a step up or down or sideways?
Thanks in advance!

Jan 26, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #1,372 of 3,872
Singer impressions seem to be a bit in the air...the only real concensus I could find is that the soundstage is narrower, some people really like them, some people say it's too similar to the Tape, some people say it's not as shouty and they do have a bass filter so there's that

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #1,373 of 3,872
I just spend a few hours listening to the Singer today. I can't recommend. Even if I exclude all the issues it has with tuning, its soundstage, imaging, and resolution are just alright up for the $75 price tag. @Detectit @eclein

I don't even need to compare it to the Starfield or T4. It can't stand up on its own, let alone against the best of the $100 segment.

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #1,374 of 3,872
I just spend a few hours listening to the Singer today. I can't recommend. Even if I exclude all the issues it has with tuning, its soundstage, imaging, and resolution are just alright up for the $75 price tag. @Detectit @eclein

I don't even need to compare it to the Starfield or T4. It can't stand up on its own, let alone against the best of the $100 segment.

Thanks, you just saved me (and others, I'm sure) $75.

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #1,376 of 3,872
@Ziggomatic Yea I much prefer the WT T-one. I wrote a review for it here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/wg-t-one.24160/reviews

I think if you really prioritize a balanced signature the WG T-one is the best right now. But if you are OK with either a thicker signature, the Starfield is better. A more analytical signature, the T4 is better.

Jan 27, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #1,377 of 3,872

Thank you very much I’m gonna get the T4 I think, I love the T3 and friends have said T4 is outstanding, you were a great help!

Jan 27, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,378 of 3,872
Wow, I can't believe I'm reading this! My heart has been set on getting the Singers all along! If they are so much ("too much"?) like the Shuoer Tapes then how can they possibly be bad?? Was also rapt that they come with a balanced cable, I wonder how many current Chi-fi EMS have those?

My shortlist in fact has been Shuoer Singer, Semkarch CNt1 (is it *also* called LZ A6 Mini or something like that?) and KBear Diamond. But what's with all these T3s, T4s and Starfields now? Are those all Moondrop products. or what?

Oh gahhd (sound of overwhelmed groaning...)

Jan 27, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,379 of 3,872
Wow, I can't believe I'm reading this! My heart has been set on getting the Singers all along! If they are so much ("too much"?) like the Shuoer Tapes then how can they possibly be bad?? Was also rapt that they come with a balanced cable, I wonder how many current Chi-fi EMS have those?

My shortlist in fact has been Shuoer Singer, Semkarch CNt1 (is it *also* called LZ A6 Mini or something like that?) and KBear Diamond. But what's with all these T3s, T4s and Starfields now? Are those all Moondrop products. or what?

Lz a6 mini is not the same thing as the cnt1. Semkarch is like a sub brand of lz though, or essentially the same company

Jan 27, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #1,380 of 3,872

I've only listened to the Tape for about 5 mins but I think the Singer and the Tapes are quite different. And yes, they do come with the 2.5mm cable with the 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter just like with the Tapes. Pretty neat since I've never seen any other <$100 IEM do this.

I can't comment on the KBear Diamond. But the T4 and Starfield are the best of the $100 segment right now IMO and are vastly superior to the Singer. The T4 has kinda superseded the T3 but the T3 is still quite a good IEM. I'd also take the T3 over the Singer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back