Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 27, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #1,381 of 3,872
I've only listened to the Tape for about 5 mins but I think the Singer and the Tapes are quite different. And yes, they do come with the 2.5mm cable with the 2.5mm -> 3.5mm adapter just like with the Tapes. Pretty neat since I've never seen any other <$100 IEM do this.

I can't comment on the KBear Diamond. But the T4 and Starfield are the best of the $100 segment right now IMO and are vastly superior to the Singer. The T4 has kinda superseded the T3 but the T3 is still quite a good IEM. I'd also take the T3 over the Singer.
Hmmm.. So again I ask, are all three of those made by Moondrop? And where may the best reviews of them be found? Right here in Head-Fi or elsewhere? 'Vastly superior" is quite the claim! Would still like to know (very much) in what way(s) the Singers fall short of the apparently wonderful Tapes?

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #1,382 of 3,872
Starfield is by Moondrop, T3 and T4 are by Tin HiFi.

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #1,387 of 3,872
The Tin Hifi T3 was my first Tin iem, both myself and a friend were blown away by how good they sound. I use them off and on all the time. My first iem with a Knowles BA in it and now I don’t want anything new unless its new tech or has Knowles drivers.
Aliexpress uses the titles in the description as meta tags, search target words. (Not sure if I used correct terminology) when you search for an iem you’ll get all results with your search word so they try and pull customers to their item instead of your searched item. I never trust the descriptions unless I can find confirming info. Many sellers don’t get the translation correct or simply write what sounds good to sell product....its war! Lololol

Jan 27, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #1,388 of 3,872
The Tin Hifi T3 was my first Tin iem, both myself and a friend were blown away by how good they sound. I use them off and on all the time. My first iem with a Knowles BA in it and now I don’t want anything new unless its new tech or has Knowles drivers.
Aliexpress uses the titles in the description as meta tags, search target words. (Not sure if I used correct terminology) when you search for an iem you’ll get all results with your search word so they try and pull customers to their item instead of your searched item. I never trust the descriptions unless I can find confirming info. Many sellers don’t get the translation correct or simply write what sounds good to sell product....its war! Lololol
I do know what you mean! Ali Express and the Forty Thousand Hustlers, each one of whom is our Dear Friend!

.. But tell me, T3 is the first Tin HiFi unit with Knowles drivers?

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #1,389 of 3,872
Yes friend...lol...the first Tin IEMS had dynamic drivers only. The T3 has a dynamic and Knowles BA, Tins first hybrid iem and the only one I have but its a goodie!
The T4 goes back to using dynamic drivers and they can tune stuff pretty well.

I’m having to dispute with an order I never got, and its almost two months and everytime the seller uses “friend” in his message I remind him friends wouldn’t refuse to refund my money, friends help friends. They have no clue, the translation thing is the problem but they think calling everyone friend is a good thing and helps sales I guess. Sales, friend are all key words to use...lolol.
Later friend.

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #1,390 of 3,872
Yes friend...lol...the first Tin IEMS had dynamic drivers only. The T3 has a dynamic and Knowles BA, Tins first hybrid iem and the only one I have but its a goodie!
The T4 goes back to using dynamic drivers and they can tune stuff pretty well.

I’m having to dispute with an order I never got, and its almost two months and everytime the seller uses “friend” in his message I remind him friends wouldn’t refuse to refund my money, friends help friends. They have no clue, the translation thing is the problem but they think calling everyone friend is a good thing and helps sales I guess. Sales, friend are all key words to use...lolol.
Later friend.
Heh...... and perhaps we might suggest to me them that someone make a ripper new IEM with the name 'Dear Friend'? I'm sure that would tickle a lot if us...

Jan 27, 2020 at 8:20 PM Post #1,391 of 3,872
@warbles If you don't like the T2 or the T2 Pros, you won't like the T3 and likely the T4. No big deal, you probably just don't like a more neutral, brighter signature. I would guess that you like to listen to bassier genres (such as EDM, hip-rop, rap, etc.) based on that.

In which case, the MoonDrop Starfield would be the better choice. When I say the Starfield is vastly superior, I mean that it does better than the Singer in every way, some more than others. The Singer has significant issues with tuning while the Starfield does not. The resolution of the Starfield is much much better than the Singer. The soundstage and imaging are quite a bit better.

As for the Shuoer Tape, I'm getting around to reviewing them but in the brief 5 mins I found them alright. They made vocals sound pretty thin and the overall sound was very in-your-face. I'll need to listen more but I'm seeing the hype over it.

Jan 27, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #1,392 of 3,872
@warbles If you don't like the T2 or the T2 Pros, you won't like the T3 and likely the T4. No big deal, you probably just don't like a more neutral, brighter signature. I would guess that you like to listen to bassier genres (such as EDM, hip-rop, rap, etc.) based on that.

In which case, the MoonDrop Starfield would be the better choice. When I say the Starfield is vastly superior, I mean that it does better than the Singer in every way, some more than others. The Singer has significant issues with tuning while the Starfield does not. The resolution of the Starfield is much much better than the Singer. The soundstage and imaging are quite a bit better.

As for the Shuoer Tape, I'm getting around to reviewing them but in the brief 5 mins I found them alright. They made vocals sound pretty thin and the overall sound was very in-your-face. I'll need to listen more but I'm seeing the hype over it.
Thankyou for this response. But the problem with the TINs is very far from what you describe. And I never listen to any of those genres you mention - ever. Oh dear! It's certainly nothing to do with overt brightness. More like something horribly dull and bland in the mid-range somewhere, which immediately makes me need to discard them. I say 'oh dear' because, once again, I think I don't have a shareable problem with this one, and yet, given the brill rep of the TINs, it's very hard to keep such experience to oneself! Thankfully, I am having no such problem with them new benchmarks in IEMs the BLONS, which are proving to be nothing less than life-support! I swear to you, their bottom-end girds my very loins!

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #1,393 of 3,872
I'm not sure what to say except that if you look at a graph of the T2, T3, or T4, you can see that they have a fairly neutral signature. If we compare to the ER4SR (which are diffuse field neutral):
The T4 is neutral-bright with a bass boost: upload_2020-1-27_19-39-7.png
The T2 is neutral with more mids: upload_2020-1-27_19-34-25.png
While the BLON BL-03 is quite bassy: upload_2020-1-27_19-35-41.png

You might just want more bass and lower mids which Tin Audio IEMs typically do not have much of. Some people do refer to neutral as dull and bland.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-27_19-33-41.png
    upload_2020-1-27_19-33-41.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #1,395 of 3,872
People who have tried the Tape with both balanced and single ended on same DAC chip - would you say that using balanced has a advantage over single ended?
I felt the output was much smoother with balanced when compared to SE.

I run them off the balanced on my X3 III; sounds exactly the same as unbalanced when volume matched. But then again I don't play the cable game anyway mate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back