Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #1,246 of 3,872
I guess the most "informative" thing on the driver(s) of the Tape is this infographic, a Chinese version of which is on the Shuoer website

H1f5919a55b074c1ebdce78564dfa9a83G.jpg

According to that, the electrostatic part is right in front of the dynamic driver. This however also says stupid stuff like "Three-way frequency distribution" behind both drivers/circuits...so the drivers are in reverse? No idea what to make of it, but at least if this is representative of the look of the driver inside at least, it's not two separate drivers on each side, and they seem to be contained within a single unit, so the driver is a dynamic with an integrated electret tweeter. That's my best assumption, I don't think anyone's ever opened it up and posted any images

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #1,247 of 3,872
Ok...so its a mystery for everyone.. thanks!!!

Jan 11, 2020 at 11:05 AM Post #1,248 of 3,872
So far I got right IEM half volume once and left IEM completely muted. Wore them half an hour outside, made sure my ears were clean and dry, removed them, the grille was ****ing wet I swear to god. These have a serious problem with moisture, I have the ones that came with the balanced cable, as well. Still work fine but major caveat and thing to consider if buying for sure
Damn. I though they sorted out that issue with the new version. Well I hope Tapes will last me a but more until someone finds a solution.
Have you tried something that fixes the problem? Maybe a different damper/grill?

Jan 11, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #1,249 of 3,872
Damn. I though they sorted out that issue with the new version. Well I hope Tapes will last me a but more until someone finds a solution.
Have you tried something that fixes the problem? Maybe a different damper/grill?
The problem with tape, is that the damper net is not on the nozzle, but inside the shell right above the driver. There is no air circulating through it.
The air that can come from the nozzle or from the the air vent is circulating only in front of the damper mesh.
damper.jpg

For most IEMs when the damper net gets wet from the moisture and IEM starts to sound muffled, you can just slowly inhale/suck(do not blow inside!) on the the nozzle. The air will come from the air vent and go through damper mesh, evaporating the water from the mesh (Have to do this sometimes with my blon bl 03, when coming from outside into warn environment).
This however will not work with tape. You have to wait until the damper net dries on its own. :/
That IEM is broken by design and only good for short listening sessions in dry environments

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #1,251 of 3,872
My apartment has real dry heat and my Tape is still going strong so your theory/idea would be valid with mine. I’ve never worn it outside or used them when I walk to store and back........:floatsmile:

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #1,252 of 3,872
Magnetostatic driver
I think tape/singer doesn't use Magnetostatic driver as the infographic shown above doesn't have magnets on their 'estat' part of the driver.
I think shuoer indeed using a Electret driver made by some unnamed chinese company.
Actually i saw a seller at taobao selling Electret+Dynamic driver unit, but i am not sure that its the one that shuoer is using

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #1,259 of 3,872
Is that because it's better, in what ways is it superior?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back