Shuoer impressions thread
Jan 12, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #1,261 of 3,872
I think i found the construction plan of the driver that shuoer used in the tape.

earbridge1.jpg
earbridge2.jpg

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #1,263 of 3,872
The problem with tape, is that the damper net is not on the nozzle, but inside the shell right above the driver. There is no air circulating through it.
The air that can come from the nozzle or from the the air vent is circulating only in front of the damper mesh.

For most IEMs when the damper net gets wet from the moisture and IEM starts to sound muffled, you can just slowly inhale/suck(do not blow inside!) on the the nozzle. The air will come from the air vent and go through damper mesh, evaporating the water from the mesh (Have to do this sometimes with my blon bl 03, when coming from outside into warn environment).
This however will not work with tape. You have to wait until the damper net dries on its own. :/
That IEM is broken by design and only good for short listening sessions in dry environments
That's actually very sad. The weather is usually at a 100% humidity nowadays. I thought that a hot air dryer might do the trick to dry up the damper but I guess the design doesn't allow this. Maybe I can shoot hot air directly into the nozzle to dry the damper since the back vent doesn't play a role in air circulation for the damper.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #1,268 of 3,872

Users who are viewing this thread

Back